"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, July 21, 2006

So weird!

Man.. I'm having mixed feelings! The feeling of being so glad at home and zou-bo as well as real shacked!

I'm shacked becos I slept at 0145 last nite, and at 0715 this morning, I woke up and surprisingly, feeling very fresh! But now, after 3 hrs, I'm starting to feel the "kick"..

Even as I blog now, my eyes juz feels heavy lah! Haix.. Think I'm gonna sleep a while in the afternoon, before going down to Toa Payoh to run some errands for my mum, and probably at the same time, buy rojak home =).. Yummy!

I think one of my videotapes spoil liaox, becos its like I record the Singapore Idol Extra shown on yesterday but only the image came out, but it was the audio of the previous programmes tat has been over-run over and over again.. Haix.. disappointing.. yet another tape failure! Last wk forgot to tape, and this wk it came out with more problems! Wonder wat will happen nxt if this continues on.. Haix..

Oh... I'm quite amazed at what ppl will do in their free time.. this is becos' of the following article which I read in the Forum page of today's (21/07/06) Straits Times.. so here it is:

Glaring mistakes on NDP website

I was aghast when I was surfing the Net and found the National Day Parade 2006 website (http://www.ndp.org.sg).

On it were very basic grammatical errors and many syntax errors unbecoming of a website that is representative of our country.

It was stated that the website was designed by an external company and such low editorial standards make me wonder how the tender process was carried out, resulting in the company receiving the contract to design the website.

Some of the glaring erros include the following:

(1) "The treatment of the brushstrokes given the logo an Asian feel, and it denotes that Singapore is evolving into a global city but not forgetting our roots and values. The way the globe is tilt, it gives a feel that the world is revolving around Singapore and we are in the centre of all action."

A proper sentence would be: "The brushstrokes give the logo an Asian feel and shows Singapore evolving into a global city while retaining its roots and values. The globe is tilted to show the world revolving around Singapore and we become the centre of all action."

(2) "This year marks our nation 41st year of independence."

It is imperative that the National Day Parade (NDP) Exco rectifies the problem as soon as possible; it is embarassing that a website which is supposed to glorify our nation's acheievements over the past 41 years ends up making a mockery of our standard of English.

I hope the NDP Exco will also explain how these mistakes came about.

Edgar Kiew Li Chong"

When I first read the article, I was like WTH! Like tat also want to complain! This person muz be thinking he's real good or sumthing like tat lah or simply, he has too much time to spare! But ya.. why complain? Becos I believe tat the website articles were written by above average NSFs who have scored well in their English Language.. and becos they have such standards or shld I say calibre, they are then approached to write articles for the NDP website! And here they are trying their best to write articles (not forgetting tat this website thingy are probably done at the sacrifice of their free time [probably weekends], and I'm sure tat they are NOT paid to do this website as well! As you all koe, NSFs weekends are very precious, becos tat is the only time where they can juz let their hair down, and chill out with friends and stuff!.. And here now, ppl are complaining abt the articles they have written instead of complimenting them! Now where are the appreciative Singaporeans huh?

Arghh.. juz feel that this guy who wrote the letter, have nothing better to do than to criticise and complain! They juz dun koe wat's happening behind the scenes! I'm sure lots of hard work, effort and sweat has been put into making this website a terrific one!
So here's me to the NDP Website team, despite all criticisms and complains, you guys have made it come thus far and you all have done such a fantastic job! I can only stand up and applaude you! Kudos! =)

Ok.. the above juz spoils my day lah.. arghh.. Anyway, I think more or less its abt it liaox.. Not much to blog anyway.. but if I do, it wld be another update lah, and tat is a bonus! Ha..

Oh.. the photos for last week's NE Show are out.. to view the photos, simply go to:
Photo Gallery > My Experience As A Soldier Boy > NDP 2006 : NE Show (15/07/06) Photos!

Ok lah.. gtg liaox.. If I dun cya ppl anytime soon, then see me online on Tuesday ya =).. Cya soon!
FYI: I'm bkin in tonite becos got NDP rehearsal tml.. so ya..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 90 DAYS to ORD!!

18 days to NDP 2006,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: