"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, July 20, 2006

ORD loh!

Well ppl! Guess wat! I'm a step closer to ORD! =).. So happy ah, so happy =)

This morning bk into camp.. ate breakfast, and after 10 mins, a grp of 7 of us bk out of camp and then proceeded to Nee Soon Camp for our Dental FFI!

And our original timings were actually at 1045-1115, but becos we have our NDP rehearsals at National Stadium later in the afternoon, therefore, we made a choice to tell them tat we have rehearsal and izzit possible to see the dentist earlier? To our surprise, they did allow lah, becos there was nobody mah!

And mind you ppl.. tat was at abt 0940 (an hr before our appt!).. My appt was actually at 1100 but by 1010, I'm done liaoz! How cool is tat rite!

I juz dun koe why when I first sit on the dental chair, I had this sudden phobia tat had been instilled in me since tat time where I started to visit my dentist in my primary school during my primary school days! I juz dun koe why! I was having this slight fear! Hmm.. wonder wat caused tat lah! =(..

Then the dentist said something which is quite amusing.. he said:
"Don't worry! This is just gonna be a quick checkup to see how your teeth are working before you ORD! Even if we find out if there are any problems, we just laugh it off and let you ORD!"

When I heard tat, I was like -_-'''.. half the time, I dun koe wat the dentist is talking lah, becos he makes really lame comments or maybe its a lame joke which I obviously dun understand!

But watever it is, I still manage to get thru the dental FFI.. and then share cab with boon sen, guowei and samuel (who were there for dental FFI too) back to camp and we then bk our medical FFI (2nd step towards ORD) in our base medical centre.. The system was a bit of a cock-up, becos they only allow 3 persons per day.. so ya.. there were 7 of us.. so I was the odd one out.. but thank God, Samuel (my bunk mate, whom is also in my P1 grp, who has also the SAME ORD date and no. of leave, and who is also in the same company as me when in BMT) decides tat he come with me to FFI.. so ya.. Thanks Samuel =)

Then I called my sgt to check whether tat day which I do my medical FFI have any rehearsals (juz in case of any last min changes/additions of NDP rehearsals), but my sgt dun have the rehearsal schedule paper.. so I called home to ask my mum to check for me, becos I koe my room has the rehearsal schedule paper.. And thank God, tat day dun have anything.. so ya.. juz hope it remains tat way! Oh.. anyway, my medical FFI is scheduled on 07 August 2006.. so ya..

Then came back bunk and slept till 1415.. woke up, bathe and then go canteen to have a quick lunch/teabreak, then its I being zoomed up in a bus to National Stadium for NDP rehearsal..

When I went there, felt extremely shacked.. dun koe why.. then as I want to go toilet (becos there was some sort of delay), they needed volunteers to take dinner, and then Ann Tat (my friend frm Changi Airbase, whom now we are like blood brothers liaoz..) went to volunteer himself to take dinner, and he saw me and then shouted my name and I turned over, and he asked me to go with him to take dinner.. So ya.. So I went loh and on the way to take dinner, caught up with him for a while abt wat's happening during the past wk in his life(though we chat very frequently on MSN!).. and on the way, he was talking to me abt earlier this wk, he was having Kuishinbo for dinner! Fwah.. best!! Now I craving for Kuishinbo liaox! How? How? =(

Ate Siam Kitchen for dinner (which was a pleasant surprise, becos I was expecting SFI).. Then went for drills, which lasted abt an hour or so! I dun koe why I actually didnt feel myself today to do drills! Every movement which I executed was not of my top form.. haix.. maybe I'm too tired lah, becos of the late nites/ fatigue work!

And Ann Tat was so poor thing! Even though he manage to go into the contingent today for practice, but actually its becos its the place of my sgt who was not able to make it for drill today, becos he was busy with his course trainees' live firing!.. so ya..
So I actually at some point during the water breaks, went to congratulate Ann Tat tat he is in the contingent liaox, becos the past wk, he has been so disappointed/afraid abt not being in the contingent anymore since he fall out last wk due to his leg injury, but becos today he is like taking the place for someone, and when they are back on Saturday, there is a very big chance tat he wld be as reserve, becos his place tat he was standing today,was of a sgt rank, whilst his is only a Corporal (CPL) rank .. But nevertheless, I reassured him with my encouraging words, and at the same time, juz hope for the best for him loh! But I think his RSM sure wont let him down; he wld definately find a space for him one lah! =)

Rehearsals for me is quite stressful, becos when I slack in the drill (esp. the march past), I can feel it and at the same time, I tried my best to retify the problem; sometimes I'm successful while sometimes I dun.. so whenever I feel myself slacking and not doing my best, I wld always be scared tat the RSMs wld spot me and scold me lah.. so ya.. worst still, change my position! so ya.. dun wanna tat to happen!
And it always happens when I'm slack in drills, the RSMs tend to be very close to me (as in the position lah!).. Take today for example.. I koe I slack in my march past and then the worst thing is tat the 4 RSMs were juz directly at the back of me loh (becos I rear row mahz), and immediately I became super stress lah! But thank goodness, the RSMs never say anything.. so this probably means my dressing and drills were still acceptable.. so ya.. so my position is safe liaox =)

Then drill ended, and when back in camp, my sgt ask who want to take half day off tml (becos my officer gave us half day off tml becos we kenna jia at today's NDP rehearsal where we go home late!).. so becos I dun wanna to like go back to camp for juz a half day, therefore, I decide to take a half day off tml and only return tml nite to camp for NDP rehearsal on Saturday!

But one bad news though.. once I bk in tml nite, I'm NOT gonna be able to bk out till Tues.. becos:
Saturday (22/07/06) - P1
Sunday (23/07/06) - P1
Monday (24/07/06) - Mounting
Tuesday (25/07/06) - Dismounting (but got shift outing!)

So ya.. I'm not gonna see ya all ppl online lah.. but technology is so advanced rite? You can call me on my handphone (I have incoming call free) or SMS me to chat loh! I'll be happy to do so =)

Ok lah.. quite late liaox.. need to sleep.. too shacked!
Tml morning waking up to watch my taped programmes (Singapore Idol stuff!).. =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 91 DAYS to ORD!!

2nd step to ORD (Medical FFI) awaits,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: