"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A loonnggg post...

A lot of ppl have asked abt my blog man, as to why I didnt update and stuff.. well.. the reason is I busy in camp lah!

And for the first time, I have heard ppl begging/asking me to blog.. u koe who u are =).. Guess ppl juz wanna koe my whereabouts huh =).. Appreciate it lots and hope you can visit my blog often enuf.. becos blogging is my life man! Hahaha.. =P

But oh well.. Now I blog now.. u all happy rite? Anyway, below is a testimony of how busy I am lah.. so this is gonna be long.. so hold on to ur seats..

Saturday (22/07/06)

Yesterday nite bk in.. Then slept.. This morning woke up at 0645 for NDP rehearsal at National Stadium. Left base in SBS bus at close to 0915. Reach stadium at abt 1000.. Went in for 1 round and then had lunch.. Actually they wanted another round but then they cancel in the end.. Thank God becos if this is so, I think I wld juz faint or fall out la! I was tat hungry la though I had breakfast in the morning! Breakfast was juz a pkt of instant noodles! Lunch was Siam Kitchen and I think its spoiled or sumthing la becos the food taste weird.. Dun koe and dun care.. I still eat la becos I was too hungry..

This morning during drill, dun koe wats wrong with my RSM.. He juz kept shouting and shouting.. Haix.. Think PMS or he juz simply muz show us the hard way then we can learn.. Haix.. Then in the afternoon, the police GOH trainer started shouting, juz like my RSM..

Then its rest for a few hrs and I took this time to take a nap.. It was so nice lah =).. Then its one more run before we eat dinner.. And this time it run quite smoothly la but once we are out of stadium, one of the RSM actually scolded me becos I was out of place.. I didnt koe tat lah but of well.. This is part and parcel of being in GOH la..

And then sumthing surprising happen! My RSM actually changed my position la.. Not further in but actually further front.. I'm actually moved frm the 5th row of the rear column to the 2nd row of the rear column! I was quite ok with it at first.. Then we had our dinner which was SFI! It was ok lah..

After eating, Boon Sen actually said sumthing (can't remember wat it is!) which make me like quite angry but it was not the real type of anger la.. I juz want to do sumthing to him lah.. so ya.. So I actyually want to juz beat him at his back for fun (juz normal strength), but I never did expect tat I had hit him so hard tat it produced a 'thud' sound, and this 'thud' sound frm the slap actually attracted a lot of ppl's attention! Its tat loh la! Then I suddenly felt so bad lah, becos its like almost I killed him! He look like he's suffering frm tat slap on his back but then surprisingly, he did not scream pain or sumthing like tat lah! Thank God nothing happen or else I dun koe wat to do sia..
So here's to Boon Sen: "Sorry if I had hit u too hard! Trust me.. I didnt mean to hit you so hard! I was juz amazed with my tremendous strength lah..".. Ha..

Oh.. before the actual run started, a few others and I had a short chat with the RSMs and I muz say it was an enjoyable one becos they crack jokes and stuff which at the same time, help me to relieve my stress, esp. my new position. And Ann Tat I think has become reserve liaox becos he never join into the contingent today due to a leg injury last wk.. but let's hope he has been considered as actual in the next 2 shows or sumthing la..

Then it was the actual full timing run.. I somehow was quite nervous becos its the first time I'm standing at tat new position and I did not practice anything prior to me standing at tat position.. So when at tat run, I was actually so nervous/stressed tat I was trembing slightly at some pt of the parade!
Then it came the feu-de-joir.. It takes re-adjustment again for me to fire becos its the Police GOH fire first then its my turn.. So my first shot was slightly late becos I was busy helping my front person (who was in the front row) to adjust his rifle properly for the shoot! But never did I expect tat its so fast, which resulted in me firing the first shot slightly late.. But the subsequent shots were not too bad but I still need time to re-adjust..

Then today for the first time, I actually had watery eyes when singing the National Anthem.. The surprising thing is tat I'm in No. 4 today for rehearsal and since my GOH history, I have never had watery eyes when singing the National Anthem until today! This is a miracle la becos this only happens when I'm in No. 1! But thank God, everything went on smothly and the only minor hiccups frm some ppl but other than tat, its ok la!

Came back to camp.. Draw arms becos P1.. My arms was put into guardroom by my fellow P1 mates and I waited for the colour party to come back then I close up the armoury.. Yizhou accompanied me lah.. Then I bathe and then I tired, then I sleep l iaox! By 2315, I was fast asleep!

Sunday (23/07/06)

Still P1 today! Today did not do much.. We juz entertain ourselves in bunk.. Its amazing how we did this! When we got nothing to do, we juz sleep la!

Then nightfalls and we watch TV and when we tird, we juz sleep loh!!

Monday (24/07/06)

This morning is mounting duty for my shift!

This morning woke up real shack! Dun koe why.. Think we sleep too much yesterday liaox!.. Hehe.. =P..

This morning though I had no first duty, but then I did super lots of fatigue work.. My work range frm being the mounting floor IC, collect and send bed sheet, fetch and pick ppl, take lunch and do parade state (which this is usually done by my sgt but they busy, so they call me to take over).. I agreed la..
Becos all these tasks need day driver, I therefore get to koe more abt the day driver and chatted with him la.. I evaluated tat he is a nice guy la after today =). But 1 thing abt him I still cant get over is tat he is super courteous in a sense tat he ends everything with ur rank.. Juz imagine how awkward I felt when he told me he wants to go for lunch.. He said, "CPL, I go cookhouse for lunch then after I'll be back." I replied, "ok".. Then he replied, "Thank you CPL".. I then told him tat he can call me by name rather than rank.. I juz feel so awkward la..

Then I went to see my detailing; it was shiong lah! Never in my mounting did I have such a shiong mounting! But I guess it can't be help becos 2 personnels were on 10C status and 1 personnel on half day! Haix.. So actually nite time I dun need to sleep liaox, becos I work on the basis of do 2 hrs and rest 2 hrs.. Haix..
But oh well, I carried on with my duty of guarding the secluded gate.. Then go back and rest a while before did my gate duties at different times of my mounting..

Tuesday (25/07/06)

** Today's post is slightly different.. I wld combine photos with my post.. but at the end of it, the description of the photo wld be denoted with a star.. so ya.. =)
(Photos are taken with my Canon Ixus 60)


Then its time to dismount frm duty but then quite tired la, becos of my duties.. Then later go Sentosa dun koe how sia! Will I be shacked? I dun koe.. But not only my shift ppl going.. Samuel Tan (frm HQ) and Tim Chek (frm shift 2).. So quite excited lah!

Though tired, but I'm looking forward for the outing la! Juz hope I wld not be exhausted la.. Then tml I P1.. Haix.. I think this wk I have no life except for the outing today.. =)

Had a lot of fun in Sentosa today! Its being so long since I had so much fun! Read on..

After we dismounted, we took a chartered bus frm camp to HarbourFront before we had lunch at the hawker centre opposite HarbourFront Centre..

* Photo on left: Me smiling for the camera! =)

Sat in the Sentosa bus and we sat till the new Sentosa station.. When we reach there (they call it the beach station), we were greetd with an all new landscape and of course, I was pleasantly surprised lah and immediately, my morale was suddenly boosted sky high..

* Photo on right: Me loaning Mingjun's Oakley Sunglasses and striking a pose for the camera! Oh man! I think I'm wanna get a pair of shades soon =) I look quite good in it rite *thick-skin* =P

Then as I walk, I kept taking photos with my camera either my own self pic or sumone else.. Machiam like some super crazy nut!
As usual, I didn't want to go down to the water but of course, kenna sabo!.. Haix..

* Photo on left: Me on the colourful sculpture of Siloso Beach, Sentosa! Managed to chance upon this as I explored the beach for more photo-taking shots! And managed to find this! Cool rite =)

Then Sam Tan & Tim came.. We then went on with our own stuff; play soccer and volleyball. A while later, my friends did sumthing which really embarassed me to the core la.. And worse still, there is quite a no. of audience.. To koe wat my embarassing act is, ask me abt it.. I wld tell u but definately with a blush on my face.. =)..

Then went on to suntan and eventually played beach volleyball which is my first attempt.. Agree its kinda fun but it gets monotonous after a while and when this happens, I wld juz like excuse myself frm the game and juz soak myself in the sea water.. So there I did and then, we did sumthing to Hern Khoon which is worst than my state and more embrassing lah.. Revenge time.. Ha.. =P..

* Photo on right: Half of the GOH shift posing for the camera as a group shot! How this shot came abt was becos all of us were soaking in the sea, and we juz like "why dun we take photo"... then all of us juz take loh! This is wat I call impromptu picture! =)

After tat, we went to the toilet and bathe.. And again, I was amazed at how the toilet looked! It was really an open concept and the deco was real nice lah! Ok.. You may think/say I'm a mountain tortoise but I dun care.. =P..

* Photo on left: An MTV-inspired picture shot of myself =)

Then we walk back to the beach station and got the drink frm 7-11.. Then we went home but not before Hern Khoon and me taking more photos of ourselves.. So ya.. Pics of the whole outing are uploaded liaox (I was the official photographer, which explains why there were abt 150 photos!).. Go to the following to access it:
Photo Gallery > My Experience As A Soldier Boy > GOH Shift Outing @ Sentosa (25/07/06) Photos!

Btw, Hern Khoon is as photo crazy juz like me.. Hern Khoon is super vain lah! Then its dinner with Boon Sen & Yizhou @ MacDonald's, HarbourFront Centre..

* Photo on right: Dun Hern Khoon (right) and me look good in our shades? Awww.. =)

Then went home for some home-cooked food by my mum.. Then I edit the photos taken.. I also burn the copy for my shiftmates then they circulate round becos the photos are 400mb and believe it or not, I took 150 photos.. Tats a lot of photos la!! But nvm.. Wat matters most is the fun memory lah! After today, I made a conclusion tat I love the beach and activities like suntan and volleyball.. Now I koe why my bro, Sidney, likes the beach so much =).. Slept like at 0100 after finish burning the CD and stuff.. Totally shacked lah!

Wednesday (26/07/06)

Today was super shacked when I'm back in camp.. but then still have to mount duty becos I P1 today.. Super tired lah..
Did the super hot duty frm 1300-1700.. Then when I wear my SBO, my back hurts becos this morning when I wake up, I felt my back red and whenever I want to dry myself after my bath, it wld hurt so badly lah! Super pain loh!! Now I'm feeling the after-effects of suntanning lah..

Then tml by rite no duty but then last min, my officer told us tat we had to do speedtrap.. WTH lah.. Haix.. no choice..

Watch TV in bunk then felt sleepy.. Slept.. Wanted to sleep early but then too many nice programmes on TV liaox.. Haix.. Slept at 2230 instead! Tml is gonna be another tiring day with all the NDP rehearsals and stuff.. Haix.. Hope my body can take it lah! =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 86 DAYS to ORD!!

To be continued...,
<<< abriel >>>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol no rx tramadol hcl 50mg tablet r&s - tramadol zolpidem