"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A reunion with an old friend!

Man oh man! This is so exciting!

Yesterday's mounting for me is quite slack, but nevertheless, I still like I lack of sleep or sumthing.. Super tired!

Came home and sleep for abt an hour, before I went out.. At first after I wake up, I was like "wah lao.. so sleepy.. I like somehow regret to go out later today".. but then, I suddenly tot of like becos this is so rare and a mtg not to be missed, therefore, I braced myself up and dragged myself to the toilet to change and bathe loh!

I tot I was late, but surprisingly, I was on time.. so ya.. During my journey to meeting my friend, I receive a msg frm my sgt saying tat I have to fall in at 0700 tml becos I'm involved in the marshalling stuff for one of my base mtgs.. Lots of VIPs coming to base.. so ya..

Ok.. when I reached, I meet my friend at Body Shop at Plaza Singapura.. My feelings were like quite nervous, becos I'm not too sure whether I can find him or recognize him or vice versa.. So my heart was like thumping quite fast.. Prior to which, I asked him for his updated photo and he send it to me via MSN.. so ya..
Anyway, I looked ard and did not see any familiar face, and immediately deduce tat he is not here yet.. but surprisingly, after abt 3 mins of waiting, he called out to me frm the escalator he came down frm, and there I saw him face to face! I was so happy to see him lah, but thank God I did not tear or sumthing or else I wld be super embarassed lah! =)



A little history abt our mtg today.. My friend, Bing Xun (he is at the right in the picture), is actually a friend of mine whom I know since Primary 1 in Saint Andrew's Junior School (SAJS) and when we are at Primary 4, we were streamed, and he went to the EM1 class, while I was in EM2. Then after his PSLE, he left for Raffles Institution (RI) and thereafter, proceeded to Raffles Junior College (RJC).. then he went NS and now, in NUS pursuing a Direct Honours in Pharmacy.. so if you count, its like 9-12 yrs since we have last contacted with each other..

How I knew him was a little of a coincidence! I first found my other friend, Stanley, on friendster.. added him and becos he was also in my clique when I was in Primary school (along with Bing Xun & others), I juz simply asked him whether he knew where Bing Xun is.. and surprisingly, he told me tat he has Bing Xun's contact details becos they were BMT & NS mates where they were posted into the same unit! How good is tat rite =).. so ya..

Then today is like I free, so I decided to call for a mtg between Bing Xun, Stanley & me, but Stanley not free, so its only Bing Xun & myself.. so ya..

The photo above is taken today at Fish & Co restaurant, Glass House, becos we went there for dinner.. Had a good time of catching up.. believe it or not.. we have actually stayed in tat place, eating and talking for 2 hrs! And believe you me.. tat 2 hrs pass so fast; its like only 1 hr!



We watched this show, "Pirates Of The Carribean: Dead Man's Chest". My verdict of the show: 4 out of 5 stars!
This show I feel is better than the first, becos this show has combined both comedy and action together.. And the comic moments in the show were mainly dished out by the actor, Johnny Depp, and I muz say its very comedic instead; quite natural too! You shld watch it and laugh at the comic moments!
The downside of the show is tat it has an abrupt ending (which hints tat there is a Part 3 to this movie, but no news as yet as when Part 3 wld be released), as well as the plot/show feels a bit draggy (its running time is 150 minutes and the though the movie feels draggy, but the scenes in the movie change fast, so it helps to compensate the dragginess of the show loh!).
If you watch it, stay tuned for the short snippet (which is super funny lah!) tat wld be shown after the credits had been rolled out completely. Bing Xun told me to stay on to watch, so I did.. but it was not really worth it, becos the snippet is like a bit of "senseless" and last only I think 20 secs.. so ya..
PS: If you are wondering when Spiderman 3 is coming out, according to the trailer (if you watch "Pirates Of The Carribean: Dead Man's Chest"), you wld be glad to know tat it wld be released worldwide on May 2007! So its a LOOONNNGGGG wait lah! Haix.. =(




Seafood Platter For 1
This photo is taken with my Canon Ixus 60, with again using the Digital Micro function.
This is my favourite part of the Seafood Platter, which explains why I take this pic =).. looks delicious isn't it? Bing Xun also commented on my phototaking skills; he said it look delicious! Ha.. =)

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, we juz chat and eat at the same time! I was super hungry lah, so tats why I finish up the Seafood Platter, or else, I wld have left some stuff (eg: the butter rice and the fries) behind.. so ya.. It was really a great time together, since for 9-12 yrs, we never tok liaox =)..

Our nxt mtg wld be with Stanley.. and this time, it wld be 3 of us: Bing Xun, Stanley & myself.. but details are not cfm yet.. so ya.. becos we need to find a common free timeslot loh! So ya..

Ok lah.. I gtg liaox.. Very late liaox.. need to wake up in 5 hrs time.. Sianx.. bk in so early tml.. 7am lehx.. super early lah! haix.. spend money on cab fare tml again.. =( So I'll cya ppl when I cya =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 93 DAYS to ORD!!

Cheers,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: