"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Makan & more makan!

Today had a lot of eating sia!

Went out with mum and dad to first see my grandma at the old folks' home, then its proceeding over to Ah Teng's Bakery at Raffles Hotel for my afternoon tea.. its my dad's treat.. Anyway, the following are some of the stuff I ate for my afternoon tea and note tat all photos are taken with my Canon Ixus 60, using the Digital Micro function in the camera.. so here goes..




Chocolate Biscuit Cheese Cake.
This is so yummy but at the same time, very rich.. eat too much quite gelat! so ya.. but its nice ya.. It looks like it has Oreo biscuits crumb, but in actual fact, there are no biscuit crumbs! In fact, its all sticky; so I suspect tat they mixed the crush Oreo into the cheese and make into this cake.. Superb idea rite? Make it easy to eat and pleasant to the eye! =)




Chocolate Brownie
This brownie is rich, thick and full of chocolately taste! The brownie to die for! What's more? It is not sweet! The perfect cake for chocolate lovers!




The Scone Set
These ever-popular scones are always a must-have in this bakery shop! The scones are so popular that if you go any later, you may not get to eat them! Spread the butter generously on the scones and if you have a sweet tooth, berry jams (specially imported from France) are also provided in the set.. and one bite of the scones, can make you feel like you're on cloud nine! Simply heavenly! *thumbs up*




The Sugar Tray
This photo is taken to show the capability of both my camera and my photoshooting skills! Learnt this skill frm my sis who attended a module on phototaking whilst she was in Year 1 of her course in NAFA (Nanyang Academy Of Fine Arts).. so ya.. Not bad huh?
I actually got another pic which can show my photography skills better, but somehow blogger cant accept anymore photos.. think there is a limit to the no. of photos tat blogger can take loh! sianx... However, I upload the photo in my Yahoo! Photos liaox.. access the following:
Photo Gallery > My Family Events > Family Makan Outing @ Raffles Hotel & The RiceTable Photos (16 July 2006)! > Outside Ah Teng's Bakery @ Raffles Hotel
*It may look simple, but it takes a lot of skill.. ha.. no lah.. juz tot of try to apply one of the camera tricks tat I've read frm somewhere.. it says tat if you want to take photos frm behind a window, the trick is put the lens as CLOSE to the window, so as to avoid reflection frm the camera.. so ya.. now you learn sumthing new huh =)

After we have eaten, we shopped a while and at the same time, run some errands.. then its time for dinner.. My mum decide to try The RiceTable Indonesian Restaurant, becos we have a 20% discount voucher and we wanted to try this for very long liaox! So ya.. the following are 2 of the best pics tat I've taken with my Canon Ixus 60, and again using the Digital Micro function in the camera.. So here goes..




Rudjak Manis (Fruit Salad)
This salad is quite shiok I muz say! Its more of an appetizer rather than a dish! You shld try it sometime! The fruits in this dish are green apples, pineapples and oranges. All these are put into this special sauce which taste so nice, tat my mum and I can't figure out the ingredients for this! Hmm...




Ikan Bilis (Fried Anchovies)
This ikan bilis is fried to perfection.. combined with a mixture of nuts and a sprinkle of sugar crystals to coat the mixture of nuts and ikan bilis, its simply perfect; it doesn't matter whether you treat it as a condiment to your rice or as a main dish (which means juz eat without rice).

Other photos for today's Makan outing is uploaded into the net liaox.. Access the following to view the photos:
Photo Gallery > My Family Events > Family Makan Outing @ Raffles Hotel & The RiceTable Photos (16 July 2006)!

For more information abt The RiceTable Indonesian Restaurant (eg: lunch/dinner menu or locations for the restaurants, etc) click here!

Ok lah.. now I'm super full liaox.. tml gonna mount duty, so have to sleep now! Its late! Sianx.. tml mounting duty.. haix.. but I got Tuesday to look forward to! Yeh! So I'll cya ppl when I cya =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 95 DAYS to ORD!!

Makan crazy,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: