"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

An Experience!

Well ppl.. today I'm slacking at home again! But its quite a meaningful day lah!

The first thing in the morning, my room is suddenly filled with so many uniforms (no. 1, no. 3 and no. 4).. all have either to be folded and brought back to camp, or have to be set up and ready to be put in my wardrobe for future use..

Then I saw my sgt on MSN and he told me tat tml my RSM want to check my actual No. 1 uniform for this sat's family day show! Then I was like ok loh, since I already like more or less prepared to bring in liaox, becos I put the buttons liaox, juz in case.. but never did I expect tat I wld be wearing my actual no. 1 this sat.. haix.. oh well..

Then whole day online on computer.. chatting and stuff.. then afternoon went to buy lunch.. and then went to take a walk the pasar malam near my hse.. and guess wat I bought.. for the first time in my life, I actually ate Chou Dou Fu! This was an experience! I always wanted to try, but then cannot find in Singapore.. so since now have, I dun mind trying..

At first, it didnt smell so bad.. but when the lady put it in and deep fry, the smell start to come out.. The smell is indescribable.. it smells a bit like rotten stuff, whilst my mum said it smells like sh*t.. so ya.. Then I saw the lady is like kept rubbing her nose as she starts to fry.. I think she also cant stand the smell.. then when the tofu has been deep fried, it is top with some very salty soya sauce and with a side dish of some pickled cabbage (which I didnt eat).. and this whole thing costs me $2.. $2 for an experience is like ok loh..

And then when I went home and eat, I told my mum wat I bought and she was shocked.. when she smell it, she immediately like been taken aback.. I asked her to try but she refused.. so I ate all by myself.. When it was the first bite, but when u eat more, you wld feel the "kick".. the taste starts to set in.. And by the last and final piece, you wld be like "ok.. I had enuf".. and I told my mum tat this is the first and the last time I'm eating such stuff.. never wld I eat it again.. its quite horrible man.. I juz wonder how the taiwanese manage to like such stuff! Btw, the store holder is a Taiwanese.. so tat explains it loh!

Then had the rest of my lunch (which was Dumpling Noodles), and then eyes start to feel sleepy, so I slept for abt 30 mins..

Then woke up and run some errands at Suntec City.. and I tell you.. the bus trip there was super hot, becos I think the top level of the double decker bus, the aircon spoil, becos it kepts emitting hot air.. whilst the bottom deck is very cooling.. when I alighted, then I realise how stupid I am..

When came back frm Suntec, the bus also came very swiftly.. after a 5 min waiting time, the bus came! The aircon in the bus is shiok lah!

Reached home and on the computer, and now blogging loh.. at the same time, chatting and ranting abt some stuffs to some of my online friends.. so ya.. =)

Ok lah.. gtg liaox and eat dinner and watch some shows.. before I'll be online again briefly at nite, before bkin in tml morning.. Sianx.. my 2 off days juz finish like tat.. haix.. =(

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 107 DAYS to ORD!!

Tml is another day,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: