"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, June 09, 2006

What an experience!

Fwah! I tell you.. having mounting --> dismount --> rehearsals --> mounting --> dismount --> rehearsals, is super tiring lah! The other shifts though they are mounting duty every alternate day, they at least get to standby and they therefore do nothing (ie, they can sleep in bunk most of the day), but we dun have a standby at all lah! Its like we dismount then nxt day we go rehearsals loh.. super tiring..

Anyway, yesterday's mounting was a bit shiong, but at the same time, still maintain my 12 hr duty lah.. so not too bad.. but the timing of duty was a bit of a bad, becos of the lack of ppl (2 ppl was absent) and a whole lot of other factors..

As usual, I got dismounting table duty but then it starts at 0300 instead of 0500, becos of the lack of ppl (as stated above).. so ya.. I did table from 0300 till 0500, and someone took over, whilst I sleep frm like 0515-0545 (why only 30 min? Becos my friend, Mingjun, has asked me whether its possible tat I help him do his flag-raising, becos my dismounting duty is table whilst his is checker.. so ya.. I agreed lah, though it was like a bit of tiring.. but oh well.. guess its good to help ppl at times.. then Mingjun was like kept thanking me the whole day.. I think he said like 7-8 times thank you liaox.. he was filled with much gratefulness lah, but sometimes he said so many times "thank you" (though I ask him not to do so) gets a bit irritating.. haix..

Then one of my sgts, 2SG Zhiwen, koe of my helping him to do flag-raising, actually like not very happy, but I told him tat nvm.. I will help.. its ok..

Then after my duty at 0500, I slept until 0545.. woke up and then do flag raising.. after tat, its me going to logic to clear all the flies and other stuff (becos the person who is doing it cant be bothered to do it lah, so if they dun do and I dun do, then my OC see, I wld kenna scolded, becos I'm the one doing duty at tat time and not him!), becos this morning my base has 100% incoming checks.. so ya.. and by the time I cleared the flies and all, it was time for me to like takeover liaox.. so ya.. Then do duty till 1000, becos the ppl tat came down to help out my shift in the 100% incoming, has not drawn their rifles lah.. so ya..

Anyway, came home by bus.. then hoping tat I wld get my camera (IXUS 60) soon.. today in fact.. but then, another shocking episode happened.. here it is..

I called the shop yesterday and juz ask for fun whether I can collect the camera yesterday (originally on the receipt, it states tat I can collect it yesterday..), but the person [lets call him Jo] told me tat the stock is in Singapore already, but have to be cleared by Customs, so he suggested I call the shop back after 1400 today to see whether it was ready..

Then I called them at 1530, and Jo picked up the call, and said tat it is cleared by Customs already, but the supplier has not bring the cameras to his shop.. so he called me to call again after 1730 to check the status..

This time I got a bit pissed off.. so I gave some grace period, and called the shop at 1745. And guess wat.. Jo is not in the shop, and another lady has picked up the phone and attended to me.. I ask her whether the camera is ready for collection.. and she told me tat the stock is not here yet, and then she ask frm my hp and sales invoice no. and therefore I gave it to her and she agreed to call me at 1815, after clarifying with Jo becos he need to call him.

And at 1830, she still have not call back.. so I called back the shop again.. this time, another guy picked up the call and I asked for Jo and he replied Jo went out for delivery. I then asked him whether the camera stock is here.. He then told me the following:
"Oh sir.. we have given out all the cameras to customers already. So therefore the stock is not here yet."

Fwah! I tell you.. when I heard tat, I was super angry and was abt to explode liaox.. here is wat I answered tat guy on the phone..
"What you mean by given out all the cameras to customers? Do you mean tat I have to wait again? *cont with the whole long story of wat Jo told me abt the Customs, etc..* Today is actually the only free day tat I can collect my camera, becos nxt wk I not free.. so in tat case if you have given out all the cameras and I have to wait, then I tell you wat.. I wld think tat its only fair tat I wld rather give u all back the freebies tat u gave me during the PC Show, and then, you give me back the full amt ($599) tat I paid at the show!"

Then the guy juz kept quiet becos I think he sensed my anger lah.. becos at one stage, I actually asked for Jo's HP no. to like clarify it with him, becos different ppl who picked up the call actually told me different stories.. so ya.. but in the end, he didnt gave me, and he helped me call before he got hold of me at the stated time tat he gave me.. so at least he kept his promise.. He said he wld call me (after checking out with Jo) at 1915, and at abt 1920 he called.. so ya..

The call thankfully was good news! He told me tat my camera is ready for collection.. finally! So I took a cab down to Funan and take loh.. the cab driver was hectic sia! He machiam like speed and at traffic lights, he muz stop then he like give the pissed off look.. haix..

Then I went up to the shop and settled all the stuff, but wat I'm puzzled is the warranty issue.. they say they wld send the warranty for me to Canon, and then they wait for Canon to send back to them, then they send back the warranty to me.. a bit the weird, but nvm.. I count liaox frm today.. at the last day of this mth, they muz send back the warranty to me, or else, I wld make noise again!! *evil grinz*

Then I surf the net and came across this webbie.. click here.. Look at the first product, "Carbonated Kiwi And Cherry Tea".. this is the product tat I did for one of my modules, Product Development & Marketing, during my final yr in my Diploma in Applied Food Science & Nutrition (Major in Food Technology) course in Temasek Polytechnic.. And I think becos of this, I was awarded the BEST STUDENT award for "Product Development & Marketing" and got a $200 cash frm Malaysia Dairy Industries (which manufactures products like Marigold).. so ya... impressive huh =)

Then I went to my attached company webbie and see whether got any job offers for me.. And to my surprise, I saw a job application (which is the post of Food Technologist) which really appeals to me lah! So I wrote an email to the HR (which in charge of my attachment) as to whether they got any vacancies or am I suitable to apply and stuff.. so ya.. awaiting her reply lah.. Pray for me in this area ya? If its God's Will, then pray tat doors wld be open and stuff.. Thanx =)..

Currently chatting with my poly classmate, becos she is working as a permanent stuff in my attached company, so trying to find out some info frm her since she has been there for 2 yrs liaox.. so ya..

Ok lah.. gtg liaox.. its getting late.. its 0130 when I publish this blog.. need to wake up in 4 hrs time (ie, 0530) to go back camp for NDP rehearsal tml at National Stadium.. sianx..

Got to go ppl.. cya soon..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 131 DAYS to ORD!!

Shacked to the max,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: