"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Wallet empty!

Slept at abt 0100 last nite, and woke up at 0700 this morning.. becos I was getting ready to go to Beach Road as early as I could, becos I want to avoid the crowd lah in the afternoon!

So after some deli-daly, I left house at 0900, and reach the Army Complex at 0945. When I went there, I was greeted by the smile of the aunty at 133 Trading and I told her tat I want to sew my tags. She then told me the following in Mandarin:
"Ah boy, lucky you come early in the morning to sew. Yesterday a lot of ppl come and let us sew also, but then, they juz leave it there for a long time and then they come back later to collect."
When I heard tat, I was like quite relieved lah! Then the aunty counted with her calculator (showing me how they charge and stuff, which is a good thing, becos its like at least they are honest like how they charge and stuff!).. and in the end, becos of my sewing for the tags, sewn name tags and purchase the 'Singapore' tags both for my friends and myself, I actually paid $29.30 in total! After deducting all their balances, I was shocked at my own amount for my uniforms (sew 5 uniforms with the tags, purchase 2 name tags and 2 'Singapore' tags) is a whopping $17.30! *gulpz*.. I gonna ORD liaox and have to spend so much on my uniforms! haix.. wat is this world coming to?

Moreover, becos of this sudden spending (which was NOT planned in my budget this mth at all), I actually have a sudden decrease in my personal expense.. and u koe wat this means? Less cabbing or worst, NO cab unless its absolutely NECESSARY (eg: bringing into camp my No. 1 uniform!).. haix.. to be frank with you all, I have only abt $30 to work with for the rest of my days until my next pay!.. haix.. pathetic rite? Can someone pls. throw me money? I dun care! I think I need to beg for money liaox on the streets.. do some busking or sumthing.. wahaha... jk lah.. but seriously, haix.. when one is low on money, everything seems so tough! =(

So whilst waiting for my uniforms to be sewn, I went downstairs to the hawker centre at level 2, hoping to find hot soyabean milk and juz enjoy the waiting time (which is instructed to me, 30 mins).. but to my dismay, I cant find any.. haix.. So anyway, I juz found a place to sit down.. do my accounts (to see how much change I muz return to my friend and stuff) and then read today's newspapers.

And then becos its so early in the morning, most of the stalls have not opened for business.. so the place is quite quiet.. so I was there listening to my mp3 playing Kenny G songs.. and it was so peaceful lah! Its all different frm all the hustling and bustling sounds of kids and stuff! Now I koe why old people juz like to sit and stare into space or sip their coffee/tea alone at a quiet place. Its such a pleasure thing to do lah! Man.. shldn't I do tat often? =).. or its juz me showing signs of old age? *confused*

Then came home via bus 100, becos I wanted to make a trip to the soyabean stall to buy hot soyabean.. and I tell you.. I managed to buy it lah! Best! Its like heaven!! =)

Came home and cut all the loose threads on name tags and stuff, then pack.. then parents call to meet me outside.. so there I went and meet them at Suntec City..

Wore my new Adidas shoe today out and initially, it was uncomfortable, but after much wearing, I got used to it liaox.. and it goes very well with my Levi's 505 jeans lah! Lunch was at food court and I satisfied another craving of mine.. Wonton Mee! Though it was a bit little, but nevertheless, I settled tat craving =)

Initially wanted to like shop round Suntec before going for dinner.. but surprisingly, my parents spend like 30 mins or so at Nature's Farm and bought close to $200 worth of health supplements *gulpz*.. they are health freaks lah! Ha.. Their thinking is tat eat more of these to prevent me from going to the docs.. oh well! But I was telling my mum, "dun need to buy all these things for me.. I want 10C!".. then my mum brushed me away and said "choy!".. haha =D..

Then we shopped round Carrefour, and guess wat.. bought things as a result! Then its like so early (like at 1715), but my mum say go eat dinner, so can get home earlier.. so ya.. juz go loh.. then my mum suggested eating Carl's Jr for dinner.. I agreed.. so we went.. ate a different burger today.. wanted to eat the fish burger but my dad is eating, so I tried something different.. I tried the 'sourdough bacon chicken' sandwich, not as nice as the fish sandwich =)..

Had a new drink today.. saw the other time one of the customers at Carl's Jr doing it.. but the other time cant drink liaox.. so I made it today and drank.. very nice =).. its actually half cup of the unsweetened ice tea and mixed with half cup of Season's Ice Lemon Tea.. best! Sweetness not so sweet! Added with a few slices of lemon.. its totally heaven! During my stay at Carl's Jr, I had like four 32Oz cups of the drink! Very nice =)

We chatted a while before leaving the place for home lah! When at home, I simply bathe, packed my things for tml and then blog this blogpost loh!

Sianx.. this wk I got 3 P1 duties (Mon, Fri & Sat).. so I this wk wont blog so often though! Tues got SAF Day vetting by CDF and on sat, if I'm not wrong, got those NDP participants' family members/relatives/friends show at National Stadium.. think this serves as a type of vetting though! So ya.. I'll be busy this week! Rehearsals and more rehearsals! Juz hope I dun fall sick though, becos I dun take Vitamin C pills as often as last time =(..

Anyway, TODAY marks the day tat I have EXACTLY 4 mths to my ORD!
"4 mths more to ORD.. O-O, O-O-R-D! ORD loh!!"

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 122 DAYS to ORD!!

Survivor of the fittest,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: