"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Fwah! What a week!

Heya! A lot to update.. so pls. be patient! =)

Friday (23/06/06)

Well.. this day I was P1.. had SAF Day rehearsal at SAFTI loh.. It was super tiring.. I dun koe why.. I juz slept and slept lah! Maybe I'm a pig.. *snoot*

Then when at camp, after putting my rifles at guardroom for being P1 duty on tat day, then I proceeded ALONE to the cookhouse for dinner.. And during the 15 min walk, I tot to myself.. I remembered one of my bunk mates saying tat he has NEVER eaten alone frm his poly days and until now.. he is always eating in a group or at least a pair.. Then I tot to myself, why do he feel awkward or weird to eat alone? Must it always be in a group, ie, even if its against wat u dun like or dun want, becos of accompany, you wld juz want to follow? I sometimes find this very absurd lah! Haix..

And almost all of my shift mates find tat Cookhouse food sucks big time lah! I do agree at times, but its only at times.. So whilst walking, I also tot to myself, is Cookhouse food really tat bad? I'm actually quite fine with it ya koe except breakfast! Breakfast sux at times (or shld I say most of the time!).. Anyway, its like if they (my shift mates tat is) have a chance (be it lunch/dinner/breakfast/tea time), they wld take all chances most of the time to either go Canteen or Spec Mess to eat.. haix.. its either they have too much money to spend or they juz dun want to eat Cookhouse becos they think the food there sux or simply they are spoilt for choices or the simplest of all, they are pampered with too much good food?
But for me, its different! I've been trained at home to eat simple.. so any simple food, I've eaten lah! Or perhaps I've eaten more homecooked food than others, so ya.. Sometimes, frankly speaking, the cookhouse food taste much better than my mum's cooking, probably becos the cookhouse uses quite a fair bit amt of salt/MSG..
(I've got the feeling tat ppl in my shift will read this, and they gonna kill me for writing this! But I dun care! Its my blog!)
Oh well.. ultimately, its their money and their life. I'm not in a position to juz care lah!! This is juz an opinion of mine which I juz wanna share with u readers, so ya.. =)

Then watched a bit of TV until 2200, then I sleep.. and guess wat! My bunk mates watched soccer again.. so its again another sleepless nite.. but thank goodness, it was only 1 goal.. so ya.. and tat was 2254 liaox.. so at least get to sleep.. so ya..

Saturday (24/06/06)

Woke up this day at 0645, to brush teeth and stuff.. Had a morning bathe (which was super refreshing) and ate instant noodles for breakfast! Then put on my contact lens and changed, and off I went for the NDP Rehearsal at National Stadium..

And I was like helping Hock Soon in the armskote, and my goodness.. the BDO (Base Duty Officer) is really very particular lah! He counts everything carefully! And the process of drawing arms only take the most 10 minutes.. but after he take over and stuff (he makes sure EVERY single stuff in the armoury is accounted for, and therefore, he counts each item!), 30 mins passed! haix..

Then never mind.. sat with my sgts in the bus, and had a good chat with them! Then its the start of the rehearsal.. the rehearsals were super slack, becos its like after each rehearsal we did, we like have 2 hrs break (mealtimes included).. and yesterday's meals were not too bad; KFC for lunch and Pizza Hut for dinner! How's tat huh =)

Then its rehearsals.. under the hot sun.. scorching hot lah! Field was a bit muddy, so therefore, my boots did get a bit muddy..

Then its lunch, and after tat, its R & R.. Went to watch some of the performance rehearsals (both the Choir & the children).. and yes.. I did have fond memories whilst watching the Choir sing and practice their songs!

Way back in 1998, I was involved in the Choir for NDP! And I had so much fun dancing and stuff! And whilst I was at the Grandstand watching them singing and dancing, it really brought back many fond memories.. Haix.. how I wish I was involved this yr too lah! But oh well!

Then its rehearsal again before we had a 2 hr break (mealtime included).. Then its rehearsal again, but this time it is a full dress rehearsal (ie, with our no. 1 and all, with Choir singing and artillery bombings, to the parachuters and the flag flypast by the Chinooks!).. the audience was a bit pathetic lah! The motivators and some of the organisers family!
Anyway, if you are wondering why there are so many planes flying around and some helicopter sounds, this is becos there was an NDP rehearsal yesterday at the National Stadium!

Yesterday's rehearsal was like becos even though had a few audience, but the screams frm the motivators and all, actually gave us support and we were able to perform!

Then when we sang the National Anthem, I was close to a bit of tearing (I suddenly feel so proud to be in GOH and it was all worth it!).. probably with more audience, the feeling wld be developed more!

Then its back to camp and then its bk out for me! Was super tired lah! Mum & dad bought supper for me! So nice rite =) Ate and then read the Classified News for job search! But unfortunately, it did not have any lah! But one job was tempting though.. SIA Air Steward! But oh well.. cant go and try also.. becos interviews are nxt wkend, and nxt wkend, both days I have rehearsals.. so oh well.. =(..

Tired and therefore I sleep loh at abt midnight lah!

Sunday (25/06/06)

Woke up at 0500 but saw was too early, therefore, I sleep loh.. Then woke up at 0800 but then cant sleep liaox.. so therefore, I wake up, brush teeth and am on this computer and blog loh!

Surfing the net for a while, before planning to write my resume! And tonite, go out and eat dinner with family (to have a combine celebration of Father's Day & my dad's birthday!).. then its back to camp later tonite, becos tml have SAF Day Rehearsal @ SAFTI again.. haix..

My schedule nxt week is super packed lah.. here it is:

Monday (26/6) - SAF Day Rehearsal @ SAFTI
Tuesday (27/6) - Mount duty
Wednesday (28/6) - Dismount duty but must be back in camp before 2300
Thursday (29/6) - SAF Day Rehearsal @ SAFTI
Friday (30/6) - Normal standby day but must be back in camp before 2300
Saturday (1/7) - SAF Day Parade @ SAFTI
Sunday (2/7) - NDP Rehearsal @ National Stadium

So you see.. a busy week.. moreover, I'm starting to feel sick.. Sore throat.. oh man.. I feel so sick.. *sniff*

Ok lah.. gtg liaox and eat lunch! I will cya ppl when I cya =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 115 DAYS to ORD!!

10C coming soon?,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: