"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, May 14, 2006

What a feast!

Well.. had a great feast lah!! Its Mother's Day so wat do you exepct =)..

Anyway, first and foremost, I agreed u all tat I'll will blog abt my new outfit right? Here it is loh.. I handsome rite =P



Anyway, thank goodness I reserve the place for like 3 wks ago lah or else no place liaox.. =)

Was suppose to buy contact lens too, but then again, the rest of my family didnt want to follow, so tats why.. So didnt buy lah..

Then when we reached there, I request for a change of table, becos its like near the entrance and then its very hot, so therefore I suggest a change of table lah.. After much discussion among themselves, we finally got a seat.. Oh.. just to recap ur memory.. the dinner was held at Modesto's Restaurant at Orchard Parade Hotel.. So as usual, this blog is gonna be filled with food pics.. so here they are and their description is as follows:

===================================


Freshly baked bread served with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.


Salad: Insalata Di Avocado
(Assorted fresh greens, fresh avocado, button mushrooms, carrots, onions and feta cheese, served with balsamic vinegar, freshly grounded pepper, and extra virgin olive oil)


Soup: Homemade Cream Of Mushroom Soup


Pizza: Prosciutto Pizza
(Tomato, cheese, Italian pork parma ham and Spicy Pork Salami)


This is under special request lah! I request for half of the ingredients (half pizza is parma ham and half is salami) on each side of the pizza.

Modesto's Special Pasta: Tagliatelle Nere Con Cappesante E Gamberi In Salsa Di Crostacei
(Home-made black ink pasta served with pan-fried scallops, prawns and diced tomatoes in a shrimp bisque sauce.)


Modesto's Special Pasta: Linguine Alla Modesto
(Flat spaghetti with fresh prawns, squid, clams, musseld, whole crab, anchocies, capers, black kalamata olives, dried chilli, garlic, white wine sauce, cooked in taditional Italian Cartoccio style.)


Again this is under special request. I request for white wine sauce rather than tomato sauce!

Dessert: Stravaganza Al Cioccolato
(Home-made Italian choicolate brownie with vanilla gelato ice cream)


Not too sweet.. Juz the way I like it.. Chocolatty and soft! =)

Dessert: Tiramisu Modesto's
(The original version of mascarpone cheese, espresso, savoiardi fingers and coffee liqueur.)


Dessert: Sorbetto Limone
(Lemon sorbet with a touch of white wine and vodka)


This dessert is superbly refreshing! The combination of sweetness and sourness just blends in so well together! Before the dessert is served, a wedge of freshly cut lemon would be served and you are suppose to squeeze the lemon juice. The alcohols (vodka & white wine) was quite tasteless, as in can't really taste them, but its good lah! =)

===================================

After the dinner, we went to Starbucks Coffee juz 2 doors away.. There, I got myself a Java Chip Frappucino.. Not bad lah! So at last I manage to try wat I wanted loh =)

Came home and settle some stuff for Sidney (juz in case u forgot who is he, he is my good bro in camp lah).. Chatted with him a bit loh, before I was back to my blogging.. but then, seeing the time was late, therefore, I juz upload the photos into this blogpost and sleep liaox.. so ya.. so I thought another day then type in the text loh.. so ya..

So ya.. I'm doing it now in fact.. ha.. ok.. I dun koe wat I'm toking liaox.. so guess I gtg =)..

Hope you have much fun seeing the food pics as me eating them =).. wahahha..

Food blognalist,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: