"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Totally shacked out!

Well.. yesterday was duty in camp.. This is one duty which I felt totally shacked out lah..

Initially, my duty was quite relaxed as compared to last wk.. here is the schedule:

0900-1100: Main Gate
1300-1700: X Ray
1700-1900: Toranto Marshalling
2100-2300: Main Gate
0000-0100: Foot Prowl
0500-0900: Main Table

But becos of like suddenly one of my shift mates need to take IPPT, therefore, my duty became more shiong.. here it is.. you all compare the difference and tell me whether shiong or not loh..

0900-1100: Main Gate
1300-1700: X Ray
1700-1900: Toranto Marshalling
0000-0100: Foot Prowl
0300-0500: Main Gate
0500-0900: Main Table

So if you see above properly, though I had a long rest from 1900-0000, however, I cld not sleep peacefully until 2100 becos got staff parade.. Staff Parade started at 2000, so I find it strange liaox.. how come suddenly staff parade is 2000? Totally weird lah.. and true enuf, got contingency drill at 2115.. I was somewhat angry and pissed off lah, becos its like I was sleeping peacefully liaox and then activate drill.. haix..

(Picture taken from Reuters)

The picture you all see on the left is Mount Mirapi in Indonesia.. This is the event which makes my shift all worried for yesterday and today.. Becos instructions has been passed down tat in the event tat the eruption has become bigger and more severe, we all wld be activated to marshall traffic.. Becos once eruption becomes bigger and more severe, the pilots in my airbase wld fly IMMEDIATELY to the site and before they fly off, their family members wld come to my airbase and see them off.. So ya.. tats why we all wld be activated and marshall traffic loh!

But thank God nothing happen lah, or else I die liaox loh.. Sure not enuf sleep! =)

Then morning I woke up at 0300, and I didnt sleep after tat loh.. becos continuous duty from 0300 loh.. My sgt suggested to me tat he will take over duty from 0500-0700, and then he let me sleep during this period.. I insisted tat I dun want to do so, or else I wld be more tired lah!

At Main Table duty, I was very tempted to like put my head down on the table and fall asleep, BUT thank God, I've got 1001 things to settle whenever I'm doing dismounting table (frm 0500-0900).. Got to do a lot of admin stuff and settle watever stuff tat the table personnels (in my shift, but they do table before I took over Table duty at 0500) did not do lah, for eg, updating the board and close bk.. So practically, u can say I'm more like those person who makes everything from untidy/missing to everything in order.. So ya.. I'm the type of person who cannot stand slipshot work and I'm a perfectionist lah! So to make sure everything is in order, I wld rather do it myself whenever I can, rather than complain to sgt and stuff and in the end, not only the person got scolded, but also, things dun get done.. so ya..

Samuel like asked me whether I was bored at Main Table at 0500.. I said I won't get bored becos I have 1001 things to do loh.. it keeps me busy and awake! so tats why I like dismounting table =)

Then during dismounting, there was a bit of misunderstanding of me not returning my stores etc (if found guilty, I wld sign extra duties).. but then after much investigation, they found me innocent, becos the person actually sign in 2 signatures! so ya.. not my fault mahx! gave me a fright of my life loh..

Then when I was busy at Main Table, Jingxian (my sec sch best friend) called and jio me out.. I asked him to call me back when I was not so busy and he did lah.. and we discuss wat we want to do loh..

So we decided to watch "Poseidon" at The Cathay lah.. actually can sense he dun want to watch "Poseidon" but I think he juz obliged lah, becos he want someone to accompany him loh, and he never see me for a long time liaox, so tats why he agreed loh!

Then I did the stupidest thing of my life lah! I wanted to check and see how the seats are, so to determine whether I shld like not bk online and go there and bk instead.. But I never see the "select seats" choice and I click "purchase now".. and they require me to like write in my details and once I click "purchase now", my tix were bought liaox.. Then I was like shocked lah!

Immediately I called up to try to cancel my purchase, but then cannot get hold of them loh.. so no choice.. Jingxian and I have to meet the timing of 1835 at The Cathay Cinema to watch "Poseidon"..

Before meeting Jingxian, I made a stopover at Yes! Eyewear to buy my contact lens. The reason I go there to buy my contact lens is becos I koe one person there and she is my neighbour in my block lah.. she gave me discount lah! (how much I can't say lah!).. But I bought Focus Dailes (All Day Comfort) due to budget lah.. and becos she is a staff there, therefore she gave me 5 pairs of 1 Day Acuvue Moist as trial pairs under my request lah.. Thank God for her lah! =)

Jingxian rushed frm camp to The Cathay via cab loh, but in the end, after we buy popcorn and stuff, just as we went in, juz nice.. the opening credits of the show.. we were juz 10 mins late frm the time of the show on the tix and it has already started! Gosh!! But at least we didnt miss any part of the show! =)

Initially when we went in, Jingxian was like asking me wats different from The Cathay & Cathay Cineleisure Orchard cinemas? After he sat the seats, then he knew the difference.. and we both agree tat the cinema is better than GV Plaza lah becos he initially swear by GV Plaza tat its better than any other cinemas!

My shift mates have given me mixed opinions as to whether "Poseidon" is nice.. I wld have more or less expected the plot liaox, but then wats makes me give this movie 3.5 out of 5 stars, is the way of how the movie gives u the thrills.. At certain parts of the show, the thrills make u tense up so much tat you wld want to be curious as to what will happen next! =).. So for those of you who like these kind of movie thrills, then this is the movie for you!

Then after the show, we went to Times Bookshop, becos Jingxian want to buy books mahx.. After tat, we went to Burger King for dinner at 2130! I had Mushroom Swiss becos if I eat my usual BBQ Turkey Bacon, I wld be fat in no time lah.. so ya.. tats why I decided to change taste.. but I regretted in the end lahx, becos it has become so salty loh! haix..

Then came home by NEL and now on computer blogging loh! Totally shacked! Soon, need to wake up and go back to camp.. Sianx..

Oh.. on P1 duty tml, so wont be home blogging.. =) dun miss me ya =P

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 155 DAYS to ORD!!

Shacked personnel,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: