"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, May 07, 2006

The weekend is here!!

I had a lot of fun this weekend! I really let my hair down lah! Of course not literally lah (anyway, I got hair meh?.. ha.. If so ah, then I wld be a freak liaox! Ha..)

Church was a bit boring becos half the time I didnt koe what the speaker is talking abt. He has a very strong Indian accent.. and it doesnt help tat I'm quite sleepy though! So ya.. Tjow was like commenting to me midway tat the speaker recycles his sermons and stuff.. so ya.. But wat was surprising tat even though half the time people dun understand wat the speaker is preaching, but when it was time for altar call, ppl juz went up to be prayed and to be ministered! Well.. the power of God I guess! =)

After service ended, I suddenly felt very lethargic and restless.. Every youth tat I saw is like machiam juz had their energy drain to the max and they were not like the usual self I saw them during Youth service last wk! I think this cld probably be so becos of exam stress lah! So ya.. Examination woes! Nat was also not his usual lame-ing self.. think he's tired lah..

Then its time for dinner.. went to Meridian to have dinner lah.. Maybe I felt lethargic is becos I didnt had lunch. I juz had 5 chunk cubes of organic dark chocolate (leftovers from Friday's cell) for lunch and I ate it juz b4 I left for church.. So I think I was hungry lah.. so ya..

Anyway, I wanted to eat Wanton Mee for dinner, however, I was too hungry tat I forgot all abt it, and therefore, I ordered Basil Chicken for dinner.. I tell you.. the soup was though like tom yam, but it had coconut in it.. as if its not bad enuf, the basil chicken is really horrible! Man! I'll boycott that stall frm now on lah! Then I was not full enuf, therefore, I went to order Carrot Cake.. and then as a result, was too full.. haix..

After which, I stoned for a while in space lah.. suddenly felt real tired.. But I decide tat since this is a long weekend for me and I probably wld not have such long wkends until I ORD in Oct, therefore, I shall enjoy myself this wkend loh! So I persevere on and juz follow tjow and ryan whenever they go.. They usually have nite activities after dinner.. =)

They went up to play pool! Josh Gouw followed.. played 1 game with Josh but I lost though, becos I didnt played pool for like close to 6 mths liaox.. anyway, didnt really have the mood to play too lah.. guess I was too tired..

But whilst they play, there got TV, so I caught the live coverage of the voting results.. and its weird lah.. each time the result for each GRC/constituency were announced, the pool place wld suddenly be so quiet.. then when the result screen were gone, ppl start playing again and the noise level start up again.. then this cycle continues lah.. weird rite??

So they played until like abt 2330, then we (Ryan, Cat, Tjow, Mok, Esther & me) decide to go to KTV.. So we went to Mandarin Hotel's newly open KTV lounge, The One. Well, heard frm tjow tat the KTV lounge is opened by Lee Nanxing.. dun koe how true lah. but oh well..

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280.
The souvenir which I kept as a momento from "The One" KTV @ Meritus Mandarin Hotel

Service was not up to standard, and the room acoustics actually sux lah.. not very good.. Things were quite ex too.. do you all believe it: Mineral water is more expensive than alcoholic drinks? 1 bottle of Mineral Water (choice of Evian, Ice Mountain & Perrier) costs $7 whilst beer/liquors costs like $9-$12 a glass.. When we see the drink menu, we got shocked lah! FYI: Ice Mountain in supermarkets the most is $0.50-$0.70 (cost price is only $0.40), and they are selling it at $7! This is super overpriced lah!

Anyway, I didnt drink alcohol for so long liaox.. so I drank the following during my 3 hr stay at The One KTV:

(1) 1 glass of Barcari Rum with Lime.
(** This is the second glass they change for me.. becos the first one they gave me is machiam like lime juice.. no rum taste at all.. I let they all try and they all agreed.. Tjow changed for me at the counter and all thanx to him, I got a new cup.. this time, its potent! They tried loh and they agreed too.. so ya..)

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280.
My "Barcadi Rum with Lime" drink

(2) 1 glass of Ginger Ale (soft drink lah! Not liquor/alcohol!)
(3) Half a glass of Heinkein Beer.

So ya.. we ordered for 3 hrs KTV and the medium room which can sit 6 ppl.. its a cosy environment for me lah, but the room was a bit too small and congested.. so ya.. but the package for the room is one of the most reasonable (for me only lah! Think regular KTV-ers sure koe of better lobang!).. anyway, if you interested, u can go down and take a look loh! But dun set too high expectations lah!

Oh.. we also eat quite a lot of finger food (which we regretably say we spend abt $80 on finger food.. juz seaweed chicken and teriyaki chicken wings).. seaweed chicken we eat like nobody's business.. we actually ordered 5 plates of it lah and each plate is abt 10-15 pcs and it cost $10 per plate lah! Expensive rite? I can actually go outside and buy 1 frozen pack and juz fry loh! And it dun need to cost $50 loh! But oh well..

Anyway, yesterday's KTV tab was picked up by Ryan & Tjow! So here's frm me to them.. THANK YOU! You both had made my weekend extra extra happy!

Oh.. I also sang my quota liaox lah.. becos I choose a lot of JJ Lin songs, and some other songs which were sang in competitions like Project Superstar and Campus Superstar.. sang my fill lah! We also sang some retro songs loh.. ha..

Anyway, below are 2 videos which were taken by Ryan's N70 phone (Tjow sent it to me this morning and call me to blog it!).. so enjoy ah..

Video Number 1:

Video Description:
This is a video of us singing, "She's The One" by Robbie Williams.. suddenly all of us were very HIGH! All the guys there (Ryan, Mok, Tjow & me) had alcoholic drinks, and moreover the time of the video taken was like 0230 liaox.. so ya.. with the highest of the alcohol level and the time, no wonder the video turns out to be tat!
*Note: Watch out for the sentence tat we sang, "you'll be so high tat you wld be flyyiinngg".. super funny! Machiam drunkards singing! Ha.. =P



Video Number 2:

Video Description:
This video is to show Matt Yap tat N70 is not a sucky phone at all loh! Tats wat Tjow said lah! So ya.. Anyway, this is a solo of "You Raise Me Up" between Tjow & Mok.. They machiam sing so passionately.. as if they are imitating my pastor's way of singing! And yes.. not bad for tat time of the nite when this song is sang loh (at 0215).. so ya..
Lighting a bit bad lah.. forgot to ask them to on the light.. but good enuf lah.. Good effort tjow & mok for imitating Josh Groban! But sorry to say, u are only 30% there.. haha.. =P..
Anyway, you all enjoy this nxt video lah!



Ya.. so we ended our singing session at 0300 (becos its time up liaox.. the system auto shutdown!).. so ya.. then surprisingly, cab were plentiful lining outside Cineleisure.. so I hop into a cab and came home loh! Surprisingly, I was not really drunk becos quite a lot of alcohol I drank yesterday nite.. but when I initially started to walk, I walked sideways lah.. so ya..

Came home and bathe and by the time I sleep, its 0330.. but dun koe how come woke up 0930 this morning.. juz auto wake up like tat loh!

My parents went out to see my grandma and stuff, but I didnt followed them lah.. too lazy and tired to go out.. tml mounting duty also, so therefore, need to recuperate.. tml weekday duty leh! so ya..

So now, I'm at home in front of my computer and typing this blogpost lah! Think will do other stuff later lah!

Now my sis also went to chalet, so its me all alone at home.. which means I have the freedom of TV also! Yeh!! =)..

So sad.. no movie kakki to watch MI3 with me on Tuesday.. haix.. its either they busy or they watching another day.. haix.. see how lah.. worse come to worst, I watched the movie myself loh, since this is the one movie tat I want to watch.. however, if you read this blog and you want to join me, juz SMS me ya.. then we can plan and watch.. but pls. do so before tues.. preferbly mon lah.. so I got time to plan.. so ya.. =).. Thanx..

Ok lah.. gtg liaox.. Cya ppl soon ya.. =)..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 164 DAYS to ORD!!

Tired,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: