"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, May 05, 2006

Updates..

Hi all.. have not blog for quite a while.. this is becos I was either busy or not at home becos in camp performing P1.. so ya.. hope u all dun mind ya =)

Actually I have a lot to blog.. but then, you all koe me lah.. I have STM, so cant really remember every single detail lah!.. so I will try to give u all a gist of it ya..

Tuesday (02/05/06)

P1 duty on this day.. As usual, becos its not a rehearsal day, therefore we need to do duty.. However, my P1 grp was quite fortunate in a sense tat we dun need to do the usual 1100-1900 duty.. instead, our duty spans at different periods of the day.. so for me and another friend, we do duty at another gate frm 0830-1400.. Quite torturing though, becos the place there is super hot and moreover, tat place is boring lah! haix.. but wat to do..

Then after finish duty, went back to bunk and then sleep loh till dinner time.. ate dinner.. watched a bit of TV and then sleep liaox.. totally shacked out lah!

Wednesday (03/05/06)

As usual.. despite the P1 duty tat I did in the morning, still did fatigue work loh! Super sianx.. The fatigue work involves my P1 group to like fill up water barricades till its 3/4 full, and to fill up 1 barricade, it needs at least 16-20 jerry cans (22 litres of water per jerry can)!! Super sianx rite.. I was sweaty and stuff.. and moreover, very tired, so you can imagine how tired I was when doing the fatigue work..

Went home this day becos need to give laundry to mum and stuff.. Took cab back frm camp and I rushed to UOB @ Toa Payoh to run some errands.. waited abt 30 mins for my turn to be served by the counter..

Bought the famous rojak for dinner (treat my sis and my mum) and then went to Popular to shop for ballpoint pens!!

Then I went home, but the bus came super late.. so by the time I reached home, its like 1930 liaox.. Had dinner cooked by my mum and the rojak I bought loh.. Then its me without bathing, rushed back to camp (by bus!) and trying to reach my bunk before 2200, becos I wanna catch Incredible Tales 2 on Channel 5 tat nite..

On the bus, I read this mth's issue of PIONEER Magazine.. the editorial session was very apt, becos this mth's issue is talking abt Navy RPs.. so naturally, it wld talk abt RPs in general.. anyway, here is an excerpt of it which I find it very apt.. here is it..

"It's always a challenge to correct misconceptions, especially those deeply rooted ones.
The Regimental Policeman is one of those minunderstood vocations. Sure, it's not as physically challenging as other more 'glamorous' vocations, but it is nowhere as 'cushy' as some people feel.
For a start, it is a challenge to be awake, alert and all alone while the rest of the world is asleep, doing either sentry duty or 24-hour foot and mobile patrols.
And on a quiet day, things can get pretty mundane.
It doesn't help that some people have an impression that RPs either have an easy life (all they seem to do is stand next to the scanners and metal detectors and check bags and passes, then they go home), or are nasty people out to ruin your day.
Wrong. Besides acting as the first line of defence by performing the usual base security duties, they are also the first faces visitors see. They have to be friendly and yet serve as a form of deterence. It's definitely not easy to be two-faced!
Combat-fit RPs double up as base defenders, trained to protect key installations... trained to fire weapons and other operational skills - just like any other soldier...."


Extracted from PIONEER Magazine, April 2006 Issue, Editorial section. Written by Eugene Mok.

When I reached there, I was surprised tat another 2 fellows (who usually come later than other few guys in the bunk) actually reached bunk before them.. so its like the usually late guys are the earliest tat day! Guess all of us wanna watch Incredible Tales though..

So fortunately I reached bunk juz in time to like bathe and then watch Incredible Tales on TV..

After the show ended, went to bed and sleep loh!

Thursday (04/05/06)

Had NDP Rehearsal.. Dun koe why.. felt shacked while performing the drills/rehearsals.. no energy lah.. Zijing then suddenly came into the parade (after like a 30 min break lah!), becos he had ATP (it simply is a abbrevation for advance stage of firing in range) the day before, and his whole Tengnah platoon did not like attend the earlier part of the rehearsal too, becos the day before they had range too mah.. and the first thing I asked Zijing whether he got Marksmanship.. and to my surprise, he said "yes"..

Initially, I was a little sad/jealous lah, becos its like his No. 1 uniform got 1 more thing more than me loh! haix.. but wat to do? Ppl better than me mah.. haix.. nothing to be sad abt lah! Guess ppl differs in different ways though! =)

Then went back to camp, only to know tat Yizhou and me was to replace 2 persons for P1 duty again, due to the shortage of ppl.. my sgt gave us a very good deal abt our P1 choice (very lazy to elaborate! if you want to koe, msg me or sumthing ok..).. so ya.. so its Yizhou and me performing duty after the rehearsal from 1500-1900. After the duty ended, I was super shacked liaox..

Went back to bunk.. bathe and then watched a bit of TV.. then I got like so tired tat I lie on my friend's bed which he bk out liaox.. and becos the fan was directly blowing at me and moreover I was shacked, therefore, whilst watching TV, I fell asleep! Even my friend tried to wake me up (becos he want to sleep liaox.. so he wanted to off the light and the TV).. but he said he called me up but I didnt answer! Even when he nudged me, I didnt wake up.. so he off the lights and TV.. immediately after he do so, I woke up and asked him why he did it and he told me the reason.. Then I told him I didnt want to sleep yet, becos my clothing was drying in the dryer and I need the clothing the nxt day (ie, fri - 5/6).. so ya.. at 2200 sharp, I went to the dryer and took out my clothing frm the dryer and then put my RP band and stuff (get ready for the nxt day P1 duty mah!), and by 2110, I was on my bed and get ready to sleep.. I slept at an instance once on the bed lah!

Friday (05/05/06)

Cont.. frm Thurs (04/05/06)

But at 0235, Yizhou (my bunk mate) was sleep talking.. he was like sighing in his sleep lah! and then also.. another bunk mate (frm the shift tat mount duty the nxt day) also came back and sleep.. and I thought who sia.. almost gave me a fright! so ya.. Anyway, to solve the mosquitoe issue, I cover my whole body with the blanket..

At 0415, I woke up again.. this time, I broke up in sweat and therefore I took out the blanket and sleep loh!

At 0545, woke up and wash up and stuff and get ready to leave bunk for guardroom (for P1 duty)..

Then did duty frm 0700-0800.. came back to bunk.. had brunch or shld I say early lunch at canteen.. then sleep until 1 of my shift mates gave me a paper (which I requested) which states the various schedules for my shift lah! Then frm there, I went down to S1 office and photocopy and distribute to the rest of the shift.. muz photocopy for them, so they wont bug the sgt lah! and moreover, can help save conflicts loh =)

After distributing, I tried to go back to sleep, but cant loh! Haix.. so didnt sleep until someone came in and told us tat we have admin fatigue work (for our FDS Roadshow in base at the end of May) to do.. so as usual, we went down to the I-Net room and do the necessary stuff.. and becos my sgt say I was hardworking, therefore, he asked me to help him to summarise and do some copy and pasting work into Wordpad loh!.. Wordpad sux I tell you! I prefer Microsoft Word loh.. but the worst thing is tat there is no Microsoft Word installed in the I-Net room computers loh! So guess I have to make do.. so ya.. so the helpful me actually help my sgt to do lah (see.. I so good!.. hahax..).. help him for abt an hour.. and I tell you.. I was freezing inside.. the air con is super cold lah! Dun koe why they need to make the air con so cold for wat.. scared computer explode? I dun koe.. maybe..

Then after finish it, I went up to bathe and got ready to bk out.. but last min, got somemore fatigue work.. but this time, my sgt called the P1 to do it lah.. so ya.. so I got to bk out instead of doing the fatigue work =)

Went to have my hair cut for CO Parade on wednesday before I come back home loh.. had fellowship meal at cell rather than study.. then blogging now on computer lah! Not bad huh.. I've got a lot to do tonite on the computer =).. so ya..

Oh.. the carpark lots opposite my house are so full! Think its becos of the election rally near my hse! Tml is Polling Day leh.. wonder whether PAP will win? Hmm.. but I dun need to vote loh! Yeh! My place here is walkover.. FYI: My place here under Marine Parade GRC! But actually, it wld be interesting if I need to vote, becos I never done one before.. becos I juz turned 21 last yr mah.. but oh well.. =)

1 more thing b4 I go! Finally.. I this week can get my long deserved long weekend! I get my sat and sun finally!! So I'm gonna enjoy myself this wkend loh! =)..

ok lah.. gtg and do other stuff liaox..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 166 DAYS to ORD!!

At last my long weekend is here,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: