"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, May 01, 2006

Updates..

Yesterday took cab to camp instead, becos I realised I juz missed the first weekend bus, and the frequency of each bus coming is super long.. so ya.. take cab safer to reach camp on time, so tats wat I did lah.. and therefore, I juz spend $6.10 on cab fare juz like tat! haix..

Mounting was all rite except tat Yizhou was mounting with me as well.. the rest of my bunk mates were on off.. so you can say tat yesterday duty was a bit jialat, becos lack of manpower.. so ya..

Did toranto and gate duty with yizhou.. we talk a lot.. and we had MacDonald's for breakfast! I ordered the following for Yizhou and myself..:

(i) 1 Iced MILO regular
(ii) 1 Coffee
(iii) 2 Sausage Egg Muffin

And it took a freaking 1 hr for my order to arrive! I told Yizhou tat if the order doesnt come within 1.5 hrs (which they told me tat this is the max waiting time), I wld call and complain..

So the ppl came at 1 hr flat! And then I paid the money and then guess wat! They gave me the WRONG burger.. they gave yizhou and me each a double fillet-o-fish instead! When I saw this, I double check the burger with the receipt, and its indeed tat the receipt is correct but the burger they give is wrong.. so I called up the branch and complained.. and the following is the convo b/w the fellow who picked up the phone and me..

Me: "Hi.. I juz collected my order frm one of your crew. However, upon checking the burger, I realise tat its NOT the burger I want.. Instead, its double fillet-o-fish."

Mac fellow: "eh.. wrong order?"

Me: "Its correct. But burger packed wrongly"

Mac fellow: "ok"

Me: "So in this case, I request tat you give me my 2 sausage egg muffin for FREE"

Mac fellow: "sure!"

Me: "Can I have it within 15 mins too?"

Mac fellow: "ok"

Then the Mac fellow verified my info and then he put down the phone without even a word of "sorry".. haix.. but he's willing to give me the 2 burgers good enuf liaox, so I forgive him! See.. I so magniminous!

Yizhou initially tot I order meal, but then I told him I order ala-carte! He was a bit disappointed, but I told him the reason why I order ala-carte instead of meal.. Then becos of this wrong burger incident, we both agreed tat its a blessing in disguise.. becos we eat 2 burgers each, and we were very full! So its more worth it than eating harshbrowns!

Anyway, when we are abt to dismount, the store IC reported tat there are some stores not accounted for, so therefore we cant dismount.. there was a lot of comotion here and there, and as a result, becos of the store IC (who is the 18 yr old guy by the name of Randy) got so stress up, tat he juz break down and cry lah! This is the first time I saw Randy cry lah! Everyone feel so much for him loh! He is like the baby of our shift lah!

Had quite a lot of fun whilst waiting to dismount amidst all the comotion! Lazy to elaborate lah! So ya..

Then came home.. watched ALL my taped videos and then went out with family for dinner @ Food Republic, Wisma Atria.

When I went there, I cldnt resist the temptation when I saw Starbucks coffee.. so I bought one of their new drink, "Banana Mocha Frap".. not bad.. the banana taste is really there lah.. Anyway, this is the poster of the drink..

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280.
New drink launched @ Starbucks Coffee..
Drank the "Banana Mocha Frap"


Dinner at Food Republic was interesting.. I was craving for Wonton Mee.. but then can't find.. so I settle for this unique dish, which I always wanted to try but never get a chance to.. Today I tried it loh!.. I tried the dish called, "Dao Qie Mian"..
"Dao Qie Mian" simply means its like a dough, and they use their knife, tilt it at an angle, and slice the dough slice by slice directly into a pot of boiling water.. They wld then add this cooked noodles to a soup stock, and before serving, they wld put the various condiments (for me, I ordered beef chucks) on the noodles.. and tata there you go.. you got the famous "dao qie mian".. Quite nice I muz say.. the soup stock is tasty.. not too salty but have a bit of sweet taste though!! Anyway, below is the pic of my noodle..

Photo taken with my Nokia 6280.
The famous "Dao Qie Mian"


Walked a bit of Taka and then came home.. on computer and blog loh! Chatting at the same too lah! =).. so ya..

ok.. gtg liaox.. got to bathe, chat a while more and then sleep liaox..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 170 DAYS to ORD!!

Starbucks addict,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: