"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, May 26, 2006

FDS 1st Roadshow a success!

Well.. never in my whole life I felt so shacked lah! And there are surprises too happening today.. so read on..

Today is THE day! It started bright and early this morning.. I was out downstairs doing some of the last minute fatigue work for the roadshow happening at 1330 this afternooon! So I went to do some of the poster boards with some of the specs.. and during the process, had fun with 3SG Wenjie lah! Haix.. too bad he's going to FDC liaox in June 2006.. like tat no one play with me liaox.. haix.. so sadx.. =(.. I tried to persuade him to not go for FDC, but he said tat its not possible, becos shortage of specs for the FDC.. haix..

Oh well.. I think 3SG Wenjie and me make a great team lah! We both are hardworking sia! All the little bit of details we actually bao ge liao!.. believe he and me is abt the same character lah, therefore, we can click lah =)..

Anyway, did finish all the boards at abt 11+am, and then bring up to the roadshow site to put up the boards and stuff.. I tell you.. it was humid lah! Then suddenly after tat, we rest for a while, before I was called down to empty sandbags! I was like initially said to myself, "ok lah.. a bit only"..

Then after we did the emptying of sandbags halfway, my sgt called me and my P1 group, to go up change into long 4, becos we wld be presenting the stuff tat are at the booths..

After lunch at cookhouse, went up to the roadshow site and then I like practically read the boards and try to digest as much of the info as possible, so juz in case if questions were being "shot" to me by the spectators of the roadshow, I wld be able to answer!!

My officer then made us choose our own booths, and I chose the M16 & SAR21 rifles booth, becos I'm familiar with them mah! But never did I expect, tat my booth is one of the most frequently visited by the spectators. I had actually said the whole thing like 4-5 times to different sets of ppl.. and each of the batch ask me roughly the same questions.. so I had to like kept repeating and repeating lah! Becos my sgts predicted tat the SAR21 wld be one of the most enquired weapon for me to show to them, therefore, my sgts told me wat additional information I needed to koe abt the SAR21 weapon lah! Moreover, my officer was also there to help explain the SAR21 weapon to the speactators, so its like I heard at the same time and absorb in wat he said.. so when the nxt batch of ppl come, I wld be able to tell the additional info lah.. machiam like give them tat I'm professional in my job.. ha =P..

I really felt tat I was like the salesperson for the SAR21 rifle lah!! I jokingly told my sgt after tat if I ever run out of job, I can go apply for OSIM salesperson.. ha..

We slack for close to 30 mins, becos the spectators went for some meeting.. After the break, they went in for another session.. and once they went in, the whole site was being pulled down IMMEDIATELY! In like an hour, the whole place was emptied lah.. except the dog sect's tentage.. my officer called the person in charge and told him to ask his men to come and help to tear down their tentage.. apparently, its like own shift tear down their OWN tentage.. initially my PC didnt want to help the dog sect to pull down their tentage, but the mounting shift PC (2LT Huijie) helped to do it lah.. so its like he and his men only.. so seeing them like in pain, I went to help.. and soon, 2-3 ppl frm my shift also helped to tear down the tentage.. when my officer saw this, he like complain a bit and I think he felt bad lah! Haix..

And like within an hour after we tear down, the sandbags were at downstairs of my bunk block.. Other ppl (other than my shift mates) that u see actually come and help in the carrying and/or emptying of the sandbags which muz be completed today, and mind you, its not like 50-100 sandbags! Its like close to a thousand sandbags lah! Man.. appreciate their help man! Thanx ppl if you are reading this..
Oh.. forgot to mention who are the ppl who helped.. here they are.. its a tribute to them lah =)

(a) Sidney (who actually is not obliged to help becos he is COPA, and he got office work to do rather than helping us, but its so sweet of him to help us lah =).. thanx bro! )

(b) Samuel Tan (he is the OCPA in our squadron.. another helpful guy.. he can juz stay at one side and jzu tell us wat to do whilst he slack in his office.. but he didnt do it lah.. instead he help loh!)

(c) 2LT Zhang Jiachuan (who is actually dismounting frm duty today, but he stayed till 6pm to help us and then he leave!)

(d) Timothy Chek (who is also actually dismounting frm duty today, but he stayed till 6pm to help us and then he leave!)

(e) 3SG Vicknesh (who only work frm 0800-1700 today becos he was on half day yesterday!)

(f) SSG Lim

(g) SSG Poh (who was our additional driver for our sandbags)

(h) 2SG Chiu Tze On (who was also our additional driver for our sandbags)

(i) 3SG Wee Ying Qing (who is also actually dismounting frm duty today, but he stayed till abt 5pm to help us and then he leave!)

Oh.. today is actually the first time I've seen Sidney in vest slack lah.. dun koe wat's got into him loh.. maybe he want to help lah.. so ya.. Anyway, then he was like being lame and stuff.. and we actually saw each other 10 times whilst he was in vest slack.. so if u want to count like tat, I already saw him in vest slack for 10 times lah =).. super lame rite? =P

Ha.. ok lah.. now super shack liaox.. think my right bicep is getting larger than the other loh! ha.. =P.. wonder whether tml I'll be able to tong the NDP rehearsal at Khatib Camp frm 1000-2100.. haix.. =(

Ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. Tml I'll be P1, so the nxt time I come in wld be on Sunday loh! =).. but b4 tat, I will make a trip to HMV Citylink for the collection of my Hong Junyang CD, becos today a bit late liaox (tat is bk out frm camp), therefore didnt want to make a trip down to Citylink or else I wld be late for cell at my house.. haix.. can't wait to have his album at hand loh =)

Ok lah. gtg liaox.. cya soon.. think wld be in dreamland super early tonite =).. Nitex ppl =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 145 DAYS to ORD!!

Awaiting,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: