"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Updates..

Well ppl.. I'm back! Well, as usual, quite a fair bit to blog.. so juz relax to the music whilst u read ya..

04/04/06 (Tuesday)

Was supposed to like not bk out, but then this shift mate of mine called me up like 2200 on mon (03/04) and asked me whether I cld like take over his P1 for the next day (04/04- Tuesday), becos he is sick and needs to report sick the next day. When I first heard tat, I was like quite stun in the beginning.. I was thinking to myself, "why inform me now? Cant he like did it earlier in the day or sumthing?".. I actually did not mind doing P1 on that day, becos I dun bk out mah.. but then, wat really blew me off was the last minute thingy lah! Of course, I wld have a much higher say as to whether I want to take up the offer.. However, thank God I was kind enough to do so.. But then again, I ask him to confirm with the sgt as to whether do I really need to take over the P1, or else, suddenly they tell me say dun need and then I do, then they tell me tat I did for nothing and the person cannot replace me.. like tat, I like do for free loh.. like this cannot lah!! Not say I very fussy or anything.. its juz ethics issue.. so ya..

Anyway, I ask the person to get back to me as soon as he called the sgt.. However, I wait and wait and wait.. and still did not get any reply.. so I juz take it as I do not need to do P1..

Then juz tat morning (tues 4/4), I received an SMS frm him tat he wanted me to do P1.. I was like WTH! I immediately called him back to clarify.. After much asking, he told me said tat the sgt never said anything but he volunteered to exchange P1.. I was like again WTH! Gosh! How stupid can these ppl be? Pardon me for my language in this blog becos am quite "hot" abt blogging this P1! Anyway, so ya.. My sgt never say anything abt replacing and he and his big mouth offer.. haix.. so do I have a choice? Apparently no.. then I ask him to call sgt immediately to ask him whether I still need to do P1 after he sent the SMS.. To cut the long story short, I actually helped him to call sgt becos he said he will call later and other stuff after he got his status frm the polyclinic tat very morning.... Gosh! He made me wait.. I was so impatient tat I offered to help call my sgt for him.. My sgt after confirm the person's status, then told me tat I was P1.. So I have no choice but to help do the P1.

Then its like the mounting strength for tat day is not enuf.. so guess wat! My WHOLE shift has to go down and help in staggered timings.. haix.. then becos I kenna P1 for tt day, have to go down and help mount frm 1700-1900.. and becos its my ex-PC, given his character and being so long in his shift, I roughly wld guess tat he wld practice contingency drills with us.. true enuf, at 1830, he started his normal contingency drill routine.. haix.. no choice but to carry out the drill.. SIANX!!

Initially, I tot tat the P1 I did was good becos dun need to attend CO Parade the nxt day (wed - 05/04), but then my ex PC said he dun need us.. he wld let the sgt do the duty.. I was like shocked for a moment.. how come suddenly so good? But even though its good, its not a good idea for the P1 ppl, becos its like have to go back bunk at abt 1930 and then kiwi boots and take out the smartest 4 (and iron if necessary!).. so its like after mount duty and run drill, we still need to do all these stuff.. haix.. super SIANX!!

05/04/06 (Wednesday)

So this very day, we attend CO Parade first and then we mounted duty.. CO Parade was kinda long.. My CO had a lot to say so ya.. had to stand for quite long loh.. but then we ppl of GOH used to it liaox.. so ya..

But wat shocked me was tat my CO said he understands the low manning power down at guardroom, but he and his management are trying to do something abt it (we can dream on abt having new ppl becos they are all posted out to other airbases already.. so no more for us!).. so in the meantime, he request the understanding and cooperation frm us.. So like this, wat can we do? We cant complain or anything like tat.. complain also no use.. my CO is the biggest boss ard in my squadron.. what can we do? N.O.T.H.I.N.G!! Nothing!! So we juz have to bare with it until the new batch of ppl come to help mount duty in Sept.. but by the time they come, I shld be almost trying to clear leave liaox and get ready to ORD.. haix.. Thank goodness I'm in GOH Shift, or else, I wld juz die lah in shift work! =D

Duty was all rite.. Had more than enuf rest.. all thanx to the sgt who planned my detailing.. but I'm worried for my nxt detailing though.. dun koe how it wld be like! Well.. I juz have to wait and see loh!!

My worst time of my duty was actually the dinner part! I got nearly knocked down by the day driver becos of some miscommunication (I think!). Tats not the worst! I
actually toppled 15 pkts of dinner when unloading off the rover at guardroom! What happen was it was raining heavily.. so naturally I wld try to make myself less wet as possible! But then, the first box I took off the rover was ok becos it has lesser bxes of rations.. the nxt box I took has a full box of rations.. so ya.. Then the lighter box I took out liaox.. only left the heavier box.. but sumhow I like lose balance.. manage to stable myself but the dinner box cannot make it.. I actually toppled it.. so dinner actually started to fall out.. I was like cursing and swearing at tat moment lah.. I felt like a complete idiot at tat moment! Went to restroom and took out the necessary stuff and clear.. Of course, one of my fellow RPs, Thinesh, help me to pick up the toppled dinner.. thanx ah Thinni! =).. my sgt also helped me, in a sense tat both of us were like clearing up the mess under the heavy rain.. so in the end, I was soaking wet frm head to toe.. After I cleared up the mess, I went to do duty at Main Gate (which I was 40 mins late, becos I need to sent dinner mahz.. Duty starts at 1700, but at cookhouse, 1700 then they start packing.. so after I clear up and everything and took over, it is abt 1740 liaox.. so ya.. Of course, with my wet clothing, I was expecting to like catch a cold but until now (ie, the time when I write my blog), I'm still as fit as a bull! =)

06/04/06 (Thursday)

Just before dismounting, my sgt told me tat we need as a big grp to be involved in my squadron roadshow nxt mth.. so we have to do some presentation work.. and I heard frm my officer tat my CO wants it to be impressive! Such high expectations huh? I dun even koe whether can we lift up to his expectations? After cannot meet, sure kenna scolding.. haix.. so I sometimes wonder are we juz needed to do our duty (which is to ensure the security of the base) or do we need to do other fatigue stuff like presentation? haix.. wat is the world coming to? Why muz we guys multitask like nobody's business? haix.. Guess its our national duty to perform 2 yrs of national service.. so whether this 2 yrs wld be lucky or really horrible, it all depends on ur unit but more importantly, ourselves! If we are not happy, no matter how good or welfare the unit is, we wld still not be happy! *profound huh!*

Came home today with Nasi Padang for lunch.. It was fantastic I tell you! Its been a long while since I ate Malay food! Halal food rox man! ha =)

Watched the taped program (Campus Superstar Appreciation and Thanksgiving show!.. If you did not koe, I'm actually a Campus Superstar fan! So u betcha ur every dollar tat I caught all episodes of Campus Superstar! If I cld not watch it, I wld tape it! So ya.. And becos of Campus Superstar, my love for Mandopop has returned! In fact, I'm planning to buy one of the Mandopop CDs soon! See how my budget lah!..) slept for abt 2 hrs for afternoon nap before proceeding to Toa Payoh to run some errands and also when I go there, how cld I forget the rojak? So ya.. bought and ate it for dinner! Super shiok!

Passed by Giordano.. tempted to buy a Polo Tshirt.. but then decided not to loh.. quite ex.. $26 before 15% discount (I member mah, so got 15% discount!).. anyway, shall think abt it loh.. now, I'm also like want to buy a 512mb MiniSD card for my Nokia 6280.. but see how lah.. I want to weigh my priorities.. Maybe when my payday comes, I wld buy a Pony sneakers first (always wanted to have one! It only costs $50, compare to Converse which can easily costs up to $80-$90).. so ya.. see how lah..

Came home, ate dinner and watch a bit of TV, b4 again to computer and blog, back-up stuff on CDs and then configure and play ard with my Nokia 6280 for quite a while.. now, its more or less ok liaox!

As to tml whether I'm coming home, I dun koe.. so ya.. so if u see me online, then I'm at home loh.. and whether I blog is another matter! Ha.. see if I lazy or not loh!

Ok lah.. its late liaox.. oopss.. now is like 1230 liaox.. need to sleep.. waking up in 5 hrs time to go back to camp.. haix..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 195 DAYS to ORD!!

Campus Superstar rox,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: