"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, April 03, 2006

Dream fulfilled!

Well.. this is a blog of a few days, so naturally it wld be quite long.. so bare with me ya? =)

Saturday (01/04/06)

Went to church loh after I blogged my last update.. Had lunch before going of course. Reached church and had music practioce (Carlise led worship). Youth service was not bad. Worship was definately Spirit led. The congregation was amazing. Suddenly those ppl which you see tat dun come so often to church, suddenly appeared in Service. Hmm.. wonder whether s it becos of Tjow's birthday so tats why they appear? Hmm..

After service, sang Birthday Song for the April babies (Ryan, Yap & Tjow). As usual, ate the Oreo ice cream birthday cake bought by Joyce. It was sinful but yummy! Thank you Joyce.

Went to Marche, Heeren to celebrate Tjow's bday. Waited for abt 20 mins before we were seated becos of the large group of us (20 to be exact!) and the Saturday dinner crowd. So whilst waiting, I talk to Rachel (Nat's sis) and realised tat she is also participating in this yr's NDP Parade in the Girls' Bridage Contingent. So ya.. Guess I wld see some familar faces this yr! Last yr was Xinyi & Josh Gouw.. This yr is Rachel. How exciting. Ha..

Once we are seated, I went to order food and ate the usual; Rosti with Garlic Pork Sausage & Ginger Beer. Coincidentally, Alvin also ate the same thing and we both agreed tat this is our standard menu when come to Marche..

Carlise ordered half pork knuckle and I muz say tat thought it is super fatty and sinful, but its superbly delicious. The skin of the pork knuckle is crispy on the outside whilst the meat underneath the skin remains moist and flavourful. Man! I'm drooling already! It is complimented with a serving of Pickled Salad (commonly known as Archa) to give tat not-so-jalat feel. YOu shld try it someday!

Wanted to eat dessert but then when I saw the price, it is super expensive. 1 scoop of ice cream can cost u $3.00! Expensive rite?

After almost everyone is done with the meal, the ppl in Marche brought out another cake to celebrate Tjow's birthday (but of course this cake was bought by us lah!). Of course, it is a norm to sing the birthday song, and nevertheless, we did. Under someone's suggestion, we sang the birthday song real loud and I really mean loud.. Can see Tjow super embarassed loh! After the whole thing, Ryan did a funny thing with Tjow's hands. Ryan practically raised Tjow's hands like a monkey lah! Well.. see below for the video to see wat I mean..



Its super funny lah! An oh.. the best thing? After we finished singing the song, some ppl in Marche actually cheered with wolf whistles lah!! So sporting hor.. but Tjow muz be feeling super embarassed on the other hand. Ha.. After which, he told me tat he knows how I felt last wk when they celebrated my birthday at Starbucks. But thank goodness tat Starbucks is in a small scale whereas Marche is big. Ha.. =)

Went home quite early becos thinking tat I got duty the next day, have to go home and rest early lah! Took the train with Nat & his sis, Rachel to Somerset before changing to NEL @ Douby Ghaut; all under the request of Nat lah! So ya.. we chatted along the way, but the goodbye was a bit hard. Becos of my GOH shift doing duty on Saturday, therefore for the rest of Saturdays in April, I wont be attending church. So naturally, I wld miss all my friends (esp my brothers: Nat, Ash & Andrew). At Marche, everyone (esp. Ash) was like "ok.. cya nxt wk".. Then I had to tell him tat I wld not be in church for the rest of April. I told him tat I felt quite sad actually, and he was so sweet. He said not necessary in church we can meet up. We cld meet like outside on weekdays. Thanx bro! Your tots are much appreciated! =)

Anyway, by the time I reached home, its abt 2300 liaox.. So actually not much of a difference rite? Bathe and then sleep!

Sunday (02/04/06)

Woke up this morning at 0530 as usual. Had breakfast and then left home.. As usual, I reached my camp gate at abt 0700 and had to walk up abt 2 km to my bunk.. So I took a slow walk and my phone was playing the International Channel 96.3FM, so the songs are like those New Age & jazz, but it was very soothing.. And as I heard the music, tots of missing my brothers in church and not seeing them for 3 wks, juz aches my heart lah! I dun koe whether are we really tat close bonding already or am I juz really sensitive and exuberate a type of meotion? I really dun koe.. But I guess I'm bvery sensitive in my feelings and emotions.. So ya..

Duty was all right on this day in camp (wat cld be happening with 2LT Sean mounted with us rite?).. Initially had a very shiong duty (which states tat at 2100, I dun need to sleep liaox) becos 7 ppl were either leave/off, so naturally with so many ppl taking leave/off, we will suffer becos of the shortage of manpower. But then thankfully enuf, my sgt actually forgot to include 1 more person in the detailing, so therefore, tat reduces some hrs frm us lah! Thank God! So in the end, my duty was cut down by 2 hrs and I had a reasonable time of sleeping, though the timing of sleep is horrible but compare with the previous, the changed one is much much better!

Had drill at abt 1930.. It was a surprise lah! Did 2 times somemore! The first time we did we were like not really sure, so actually we were laughing at some parts.. But the second time we did, we were garang! So ya..

Monday (03/04/06)

After dismounting, went to Ang Mo Kio and cut hair for Wednesday's CO Parade.. haix.. if there was no Parade on Wednesday, then I wld only cut when I got my pay. But anyway, after cut hair, I went home and then bathe and had lunch. After tat proceed over to M1 Shop (at bus).. After which, went to Bugis Junction to get my new dream phone, Nokia 6280! Man! Wasn't tat exciting? I've been thiking of it all wkend (during and off duty)! I even called M1 Shop daily to check the stockes, so as to ensure tat I get my dream phone on Monday.

When I reached there, the freebies that initially they told me the souvenirs of an NS-men were presnt! So to cut the long story short, the freebies are a bluetooth headset and a Sansobnite duffel bag/$60 Samsonite voucher!

Everywhere I went, I was happily looking and admire my Nokia 6280.. so ya.. and also configure a few stuff before charging it.. so ya..

Ok lah.. I'm super sleepy liaox.. Im now like typing uttering nonsense.. so ya..

I better end my blog now.. super tired and eyes closing..

Oh.. not bkin out tml becos Wednesday mounting.. so ya.. so guess I'll cya guys abt in 2 days time -:)

Oh.. for photos of celebration, pls go to Photo Gallery > Church (OCC/HCC/GJ) Events > Tjow's 28th Birthday Celebration Photos

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 198 DAYS to ORD!!

Ciaoz,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: