"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Tired..

Yes! Tired is the word to describe me right now! Due to the shortage of manpower (becos quite a number of ppl have taken the half day off, so they only do duty from 0900-1500, the rest of the day, we the remaining guys have to do so loh!), each of us were tasked at least 8 hrs.. However, the 8 hrs were not easy, becos its most night duties! Night duties is actually one of the worst duties tat you can do during your RP life, but I guess this is inevitable! So ya..

Anyway, for me, my duty was 8.5 hrs. Initially, I had 10.5 hrs duty (becos only had Table and Toranto duty mah), however, there was a slight change; I was detailed in the end a gate duty, and the other of my duties remained as status quo, and my duty detailing was cut down by 2 hrs! However, you may think its easy, but actually its quite shack, becos after coming back from Toranto duty (I shack lah! But ok lah! The others also suffereing as well.. I may be considered as a lucky fellow who actually had a Table duty lah!)

Though the hours are long, my duty was enjoyable, becos of the ppl I do duty with lah! At least when we do gate or Toranto, we can talk abt some subjects, which actually help to 'spice up' my duty and as well, prevent each other frm sleeping! Becos we RPs koe tat if we dun talk during duty, there is a very high chance (especially during the wee hrs of the morning) tat we wld start to doze off; and if you dose off and kenna caught, tats it! You wld 'tio 1x jialat jialat' (a slang used in the army to denote tat you wld be subject to the harshest disciplinary action!)

Anyway, yesterday's duty at Toranto was interesting, becos the person I did duty with was also frm Temasek Polytechnic (TP); so we practically spend the whole 3.5 hrs chatting abt our past study life at TP lah! It was so fun and memorable lah! At tat moment, I wished I was back in the poly days again! Haix.. those were the days!

Now as I'm writing this blogpost, my eyes are super tired lah! Too tried already, but then muz persevere, becos going out with family later in the day lah! =) Going out means my weekly dose of Starbucks Coffee is on! Yeh! Oh.. I'm craving for caffeine now!

Ok.. gtg liaox..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 178 DAYS to ORD!!

Starbucks Coffee Addict,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: