"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Boosting Singapore's Economy!

Well.. you all have heard wat the term, "boosting Singapore's economy" means.. For those of you who do not koe, it simply means shopping! Yes ppl! I have indulged again!! So ya.. Here's the breakdown of things..

Dismounted duty today.. Duty was not too bad.. It was tiring but enjoyable, simply becos' I get to do duty with my P1 group (ie, my P1 group all stay in Main Guardroom).. It was fun! Tiring is becos though my duty was only 8 hrs (but most of them got 6 hr duty! I was quite sway in a sense lah!), but it was Toranto Guardroom duty which I can't sleep well! So ya.. I had also a dismounting duty but thank goodness it was Table duty.. so I practically settle all the admin issues for my shift before they dismount and also clear up the place a bit! Gosh! It was like a total junk when I step into the place lah.. but after 15 mins of self-initiated cleaning, it certainly looks much better and neater.. Had a lot of satisfaction lah =)

The PC tat mounted duty with us was none other than my ex-PC, 2LT Ivan.. whom we believe tat his last duty was today before he cleared leave and ORD! So ya.. we gave him a "present" lah after we dismounted.. it was certainly great fun and during the process, laughter were much generated! So fun.. *sadist mode suddenly on!*

Anyway, when I was off duty yesterday nite, my bro, Andrew, msg me whether I wanted to go out and accompany him in buying his entire wardrobe (which consists of jeans, bag, shoes and shirt!).. 1 each!! I agreed immediately lah, becos dun u all koe I LOVE shopping? Even if its juz for advice, how fun izzit to see ppl actually heed ur advice and be known as the shopping and fashion consultant/guru! Ha.. =P.. I certainly enjoyed it.. do you?

Anyway, after dismounting frm duty today, came home.. had a quick lunch, bathe and then I was out of the hse and proceed to Far East to meet my bro, Andrew.. I actually told him 2 hrs earlier, tat we shld push back the mtg time to another 30 mins.. but in the end, I was late for 15 mins, becos last minute had a bad stomachache!

Met up with Andrew and we proceeded our shopping journey with the shopping for Andrew's shoes and jeans.. Cldnt find suitable shoes nor jeans.. We were at Level 1 of Far East and then Andrew told me tat there is this dessert which ppl queue up juz to eat it.. and its called "Fried Mars Bars".

To test out my Nokia 6280's 2 megapixel camera, I decided to whip it out and take a photo of this particular dessert called, "Fried Mars Bars". The photo quality not bad huh? All thanx to my bro, Andrew, who actually volunteered his hand to be taken photo of, as there is simply no stand for me to take photo loh! Anyway, this is bought frm a shop called "Chicky" which is actually a british food take-away shop! In other words, the things they serve there are all London-based! So ya.. So you can say this is an English dessert lah!

I can roughly guess how they did this! They first cut up the Mars bars into pieces and then, its coated with tapoica flour and rolled until like a ball, and deep fried in hot oil! We've got a choice as to whether we want Vanilla/Chocolate ice cream to go with it.. And my bro, Andrew, and my taste were exactly the same! We both ordered vanilla ice cream.. oh.. did I mention tat it is drizzled with a generous serving of hershey's chocolate syrup? Yummy but sinful!
*Nat, if you are reading this, Andrew told me all abt you being not able to indulge in such sinful food for a long time, since u are in kayaking! =P

Only found his bag which is quite nice and has a reasonable price too ($25.90).. so ya.. 'Zinc' brand lah! What do you expect? =)...

Then we went into another shop and then the salesperson was too comfort for a liking. She kept like persuading Andrew to buy the jeans.. At first she was very enthu, but after a while, Andrew was a bit fussy.. so I think she got a bit lazy, and juz threw him one lah.. and then he started to try and he didnt like it; which I dun also ! And ppl, the jeans are like the one tat he liked among the rest was $89.. but then after trying, he didnt like it! So I told him tat he can come out a bit more (in terms of cash!) and he can get a Levi's instead! He agreed too!

Our last resort was at Levi's @ Isetan. I told wat Andrew wanted and true enuf, he got wat he wanted! Thank goodness! And of course, it was somewhat under my influence tat he bought a Levi's lah! =0)

Proceeded to Starbucks for tea break.. WTH! Starbucks didnt have my rhumba frap; their reason was "new drink coming up!" So I didnt drink coffee.. I drank Venti sized "Earl Grey with vanila syrup".. not bad I muz say!

Then we continued our joruney, becos Andrew cld not decide on which shoe to buy.. so ya..

Then we proceeded to Cineleisure to see see look look.. then I remember a shop called "NewUrbanMale.com"..

oh man! I always wanted one NewUrbanMale.com tee! Though expensive, but depend on different series (tat is updated almost every mth!) mah!.. Most of the words printed on the tshirts are very provocative! What I bought was one of the decent ones liaox.. So see the pic on the left for more info lah =).. btw, New Urban Male (NUM)costs me $39.90 (a bit expensive but worth it loh!).. So I manage to buy it to satisfy my urge =).. so ya.. so now I so happy tat I got a NUM T-shirt liaox! Pls. do not see the person wearing tat shirt! Tat perosn is NOT me! I dun have such big muscles! Ha.. Anyway, how do u all find the Tshirt? Tell me abt it in my Shoutbox ya =)

Then after I bought the NUM Tshirt, I went over to HMV and got myself a "Essential Kenny G CD!".. Always wanted to get since its out, therefore, I decide to buy it lah! =D.. Its a superb CD loh!! =)..

If you like Kenny G, go get it frm HMV @ $24.95! So ya.. All other music stores tat I frequent are all out of stock.. only HMV is strong loh!

Well.. came home today and do the necessary stuff b4 I blogged..

Now need to sleep liaox, becos going back to camp later so ya.. Sianz..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 192 DAYS to ORD!!

The shopping guru,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: