"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Another day of rehearsals..

Well.. juz another day of rehearsals @ Nee Soon Camp! Today we did the 'feiu de joir' rehearsal.. it was quite an experience.. here's a short description..

We are being told last minute tat we are to attach our chrome bayonnets to our SAR21 rifles.. so ya.. so to cut the long story short, the clip on the chrome bayonnets for mine is actually loose, so a slight shake, the bayonnet wld drop.. I was hoping mind did not drop, but after a few vigorous movements of the rifle, it actually drop.. so ya.. felt bad and embarassed abt it loh.. dun koe why I felt this way, but it juz is like tat lah..

Then its time to fire the blank rounds.. and guess wat! My hand was actually shivering! I was actually afraid to fire the rounds! Ya.. I koe.. its ironic rite? But I think its more of firing with a new weapon, which I did not fire with it b4.. but after a few rounds of firing, I got the hang of it and I got more proficient in it loh! =)

Then its back at camp.. send arms and then go to Cookhouse and eat and then bathe and then, slept until we were called out loh.. Apparently, I slept quite well loh, becos yesterday nite did not have enuf sleep.. Becos yesterday nite, one of my bunk mates realise tat his boots were missing.. so my bunk mates were helping him to find.. after 15 mins of finding, they found one side of it.. the other side remains unfound until now! In the end, he loaned another side frm another guy who has the same size of boots as him.. So ya.. I didnt help to search, but then, I cldnt sleep as well, becos the light above me was on loh! So ya.. In the end, once the light was off, I cldnt sleep.. so I didnt sleep till 2340! I was on the bed since 2230, but didnt sleep till 2340! No wonder I felt so shack today lah! =)

Then, juz as we are abt to go off, my sgt called an urgent impromptu gathering to discuss something which I think its quite ridiculous.. My OC has actually asked the GOH shift to have another 6 more men (besides the normal 5-6 P1s staying over at nite!) staying overnite in camp, and in the morning, go and help in the peak hour mounting, so this means tat 11 men wld be going down tml morning to help instead of the 6 men! Then my sgt want us to volunteer ourself..

We all were like quite mad lah.. not enuf ppl in the mounting shift already and then still want the GOH shift to spare ppl for mounting the peak hours.. dun koe how the upper management think lah.. maybe they have their own reasons, but then again, GOH shift personnel are NOT 'iron' ppl loh.. we need rest to! But the good news is tat this is gonna stop somewhere middle of nxt mth or maybe tml is the one and only time we need to do it? We seriously dun koe.. it all depends on the upper management..

New ppl are coming frm PLAB FDC next wk and they promise us tat once they come, after our rehearsals, the P1 dun need to do duty frm 1400-1900 liaox.. let's see how true is tat loh =)

ok lah.. I think I've done my part of venting! Not very hot rite.. haha.. =).. I've successfully passed my anger management class!..

ok.. gtg liaox.. wont be back tml, as I need to bk in camp the next day (Sat) for rehearsals.. so ya.. maybe Sat I'll blog ya =).. So cya ard ppl..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 174 DAYS to ORD!!

GOH 4ever,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: