"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Total Defence Tour..

Yes ppl.. the highlight of my day was the Total Defence Tour (TDT)..

Went to camp this morning for abt an hour, before we left for the TDT.. The tour was ok.. we went to a few places.. here it is..

(a) Little India Arcade
(b) Abdul Ghafoor Mosque (located in Little India)
(c) Church Of True Light (located in Little India)
(d) Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple (located in Little India)
(e) Chinatown Heritage Centre (located in Chinatown of course)

The tour was interesting, as in not the places.. but the history and the culture of the place.. Found teh explanation for the "Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple" interesting, but then, I juz dun koe why.. When I visited the temple, I felt a sense of uneasiness.. yupz.. And also, I was shocked to see a chinese person actually pray to an Indian God.. hmm.. this is so so shocking lah! So yupz..

We of course walked a LOT.. so ya.. and along the way, I chatted with a few ppl whom I've never imagine I'll chat with! Its actually those HQ ppl like 2SG Kenny Law & 2 LT Sean Yeo.. It was really fun chatting with them lah =)

Our last stop was Chinatown Heritage Centre.. it was quite amazing to enter tat place.. machiam its like going back to the 50's-60's times of Singapore.. Its quite interesting to see the exhibits lah.. They all look so real.. And moreover, I'm most interested in early Chinese heritage in Singapore! However, its some parts of the exibits which I was quite afraid to enter alone! Becos its super quiet.. Quiet nvm.. its like "recorded voices of ppl" being played and other type of olden kind of music, which if you watch many ghost shows, its quite errie.. moreover, it has only dim lighting, and everywhere look so dark.. so u dun koe whether any "surprises" awaits lah.. so its quite scary.. but with some accompany, its quite harmless loh.. but I muz say, they really make up the whole place really well! Its like once you enter the stairway, you are as if being transported back in a time spaceship to the 50's. If you ever get the chance to go to Chinatown, try to make a trip to the Heritage Centre.. Its juz a 5 mins walk frm the Chinatown NEL station =).. however, its NOT admission free.. apparently, they charge per adult $8 and children, $5.

Then after there, we fall out frm there and then, I came home by taking NEL train frm Chinatown. Took train with Mark and on the train, we chatted lah.. apparently, he didnt koe I stay so close to him or best still.. he didnt koe I stayed at Serangoon! ha..

Then, came home.. bought lunch and then watch the taped programme of "Star Idol Finals".. slept for 3 hrs.. woke up and had dinner.. and then watch more TV and then now blog loh!

Actually want to watch movie after TDT but no kakki.. so ya.. in the end, came home loh! Come home also good.. can rest! =)

Ok lah.. gtg liaox... staying in camp for P1 tml and have drills tml.. haix.. sianz.. so ya..

** 2 DAYS to my 22nd birthday!!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 211 DAYS to ORD!!

The DAY is approaching,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: