"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Shacked after 1 duty!!

Well.. for once, I did not mind being a 22 yr old guy! You koe why? I juz receive a good news.. I'm gonna get quite a sum frm the Singapore Government due to the Progress Package thingy! Man.. If ever I wld need to go for voting, I wld vote for PAP! PAP rulez!! =).. Well.. wld not want to disclose how much I'm getting, juz in case those of you who are under 21 who are reading this, wld probably bash me up when I disclose the amount.. I can identify with those who have juz turn 21 or are still 20.. you all are so close yet so far... *grinz*.. ok.. I shall stop being a saddist and shall carry on with my blog! =)

Oh.. juz to tell you all sumthing.. yesterday officer (2LT Sean) who mounted duty with us, is one of the BEST PC (Platoon Commander) that I have done duty with! He is receptive as well as flexible, but at the same time, maintain order in the shift! How cool is tat rite? Well.. too bad he is not going to do duty with us during our next mounting.. haix.. its my ex PC (Shift 1 PC tat is, 2LT Ivan) tat is mounting with us lah.. anyway, how I wish 2LT Sean cld permenently be my PC for my GOH shift.. haix.. but its great working with him lah =)

Anyway, yesterday was my first duty after such a long while (abt 2 wks!).. apparently was quite shacked.. though my duty was actually one of the slackest (due to the complain of someone and then my sgt actually in the end, instead of him benefitting only, I did benefit frm it too!).. so becos of this, my 1700-1900 duty was cancelled lah! wohoho.. but then, becos no one told me tat my duty has been cancelled, therefore I woke up and only to koe tat my duty has been changed.. haix.. so I can't sleep liaox and then proceeded to the pass changing office to do some admin stuff VOLUNTEERILY for the shift for close to an hour!

However, as time pass, I'm not sure whether I was really angry at tat time or was I juz really pissed off and got enuf of this tat I muz really blog abt it to vent my anger.. Well, I wld not want to mention names in this blog.. let's juz call him Guy A. So here's wat happened..

Guy A was with another guy which both of them went to another gate to do duty yesterday morning for 4 hrs becos he was P1 the day before.. So as a matter of fact, the sgt who planned duty for both guys, shld actually take the 4 hrs into consideration and consider the 4 hrs as part of their total 12-14 hrs duty (total duty for each person is variant, which is depending on the total strength for tat day)..

The other guy with guy A (whom I will juz call him Guy B) actually did not make so much 'noise' at first.. he wanted to juz like 'ok loh.. juz do it loh'.. but then he kenna psycho by Guy A and then he also wanted to make 'noise'.. Its not Guy A psycho Guy B to talk to sgt abt it, which I was angry abt! Its juz tat I juz cldn't take Guy A's nonsense anymore! He has always been doing this when he sees his duty is quite shiong compared to the rest! Actually, frankly speaking, most of us wld juz like "sgt plan wat, we do wat loh!"..

If you have seen the detailing carefully, you wld have realised tat almost all of us were equal in our night duties.. the only difference is the time of our duties and our type of duty.. but in actual fact, all of us sleep abt the same no. of hours at nite.. it cld probably differ in the time of sleeping and waking up.. so I dun really see why he must make such a big fuss over it.. I tried explaining to him abt this, but then, he wld juz tell me tat I'm having the slackest duty.. so I shld not complain.. when in actual fact, its no difference frm him loh! Then sumtimes I wld like get so worked up when I talk to him abt this issue, tat I wld like brushed him off and refused to hear his explanation.. argghhh..

But things wld be different if he has the slackest duty.. he wld not like make any noise and he wld not even boost tat he has the slackest duty.. he wld juz keep quiet.. ya lah.. who wld be in the right mind to sound out tat they have a slack duty rite? so ya.. I juz cant stand his attitude lah!

Well.. on the outside, I may be good to him.. I may even chatted with him on MSN.. but actually at the back, I somewhat dislike him.. its only I did not say only.. so is this considered as backstabbing? I dun koe.. I dun wish to raise this issue to him, fearing for a fact tat he wld get mad with me and stuff.. haix.. totally confused!

Ok.. enough abt him! Anyway, after came back home frm duty, I was at the pt of shackness, and I actually slept frm 1300-1800.. if my parents dun call me to wake up frm my afternoon nap, I think until now I wld still be sleeping! Tats how tired I am lah..

Juz received a msg frm my sgt tat tml my squadron have a flight run lead by my OC.. and yes.. its again the GOH shift.. becos the mounting and dismounting shift cant be running lah.. dun koe why GOH shift so sway.. yes.. it may keep fit, but then, I find tat its totally waste of strength lah.. but wat to do? I juz have to do it.. muz submit to authority (at least tats wat the SAF taught us to do or else we wld get 'charged').. haix..

ok.. enuf of the sad stuff.. besides my Progress Packagae deal, I'm also happy for various stuff.. here they are..

Firstly, juz checked my SAF E-mart credit and I was notified tat my credits came liaox! So ya.. now its time for me to get some credit back frm ppl and for me to repay back their credits.. so ya.. so I'm going E-mart shopping tml =)

Last but not least, my long awaited lift has arrived in my block! After abt 6 mths of noisy sounds (becos of piling works and stuff) n countless efforts to keep my room dust free, the lift in my corridor is finally READY! Yeh! The best of all.. though this lift is gonna be shared by my whole block, but for my storey, it only has 4 units (including mine!).. so ya.. so still can maintain a bit of privacy though my room is like 5 metres away frm the lift.. But the best thing is tat frm storey 1, I can like dun need to walk so far juz to take the lift.. Its like a 2 min walk frm the bus stop (which I alight when coming back frm camp), I can reach the lift and then walk for 10 sec and you reach my doorstep.. instead of the traditional way of walking close to 5 mins frm the same bus stop and need to walk another 2 mins frm the lift in order to reach my doorstep..

But then the bad thing is tat if I wanna open the letterbox, I wld need to walk a distance (tat is the old lift walking method!).. so ya.. haix.. see how lah.. may leave the opening of the letterbox to my parents loh.. ha.. lazy rite?

Anyway, so you koe wat this means? Frm tml morning onwards, I can take the lift in front of my corridor.. dun need to walk.. ha.. see how lazy I am? =) So happy ah, so happy! Ha.. =)

ok.. enuf of blogging.. and now back to chatting and surfing and stuff.. =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 204 DAYS to ORD!!

Shld I be happy or sad,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: