"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Highlights...

Hey ppl.. its been 4 days since I've blogged! Man!! This seemed so long!! Anyway, I've got quite a long blog to update you all (as usual.. wats new?).. so ya.. but I'm sure you wld find it interesting ya =).. but wait a minute.. ain't my blogs always interesting? hahaz =D

Anyway, here goes my blog..

Saturday (11/03/06)

On duty this day! Tired as usual.. becos drill rehearsals ended on Thurs (09/03), and have not had a fully recovered rest yet.. so ya.. so did my duty loh.. Duty more shiong at nite, becos of the lack of manpower tats why! So ya.. I actually had a Main Gate duty frm 2300-0100, and, 0300-0500.. but then if you think logically, this is like very tiring.. so ya.. So I changed my duty with sumone (the 0300-0500 duty tat is!).. so I practically did Main Gate duty frm 2300-0300 lah.. 1 shot for 4 hrs! =).. so its like after at 0300, I slept till dismount.. but then, at abt 0805, I woke up automatically! then realise tat no one did clearing up the floor.. so me being a *ahem* resposible chap, and one who cldn't stand ppl juz staying there and hope someone clean up the place, I decide to take initiative to clear up the floor..

Sunday (12/03/06)

Well.. quite excited on this day.. becos FINALLY after so long, I get to go out with my bro in camp, Sidney, after so long of persuading and stuff! Its juz so hard to get him out lah! He machiam like some VIP! Well.. being able to jio him out is considered an achievement for me liaox! =).. so ya..

Well.. it was partly my mistake in being late.. in fact, I was late for abt an hour! Gosh! How punctual I can be ya.. but it cld not be blamed on me totally lah, becos I took an alternative route, and in the end, was 1 hr late.. As usual, I got calls every 5 mins or so frm Sidney.. I think he wait until "bu nai fan" liaox! Sorry ah bro!

Actually, met him and Yizhou at Suntec City for the IT Show.. man.. the human traffic jam was as bad lah.. Juz getting across the bridge frm City Hall MRT to Suntec entrance takes abt 10 mins! Its like everyone walking in 1 small step!

Anyway, 3 of us (yizhou, sidney & me) walked the whole of the IT show loh.. along the way, Sidney kept like making me feel so guilty of being late.. but ya.. I juz "in one ear and out the other" lah!

Spend quite a while at the IT show.. of course, I was mentally prepared to not like being tempted to buy the stuff liaox.. so ya.. did NOT get anything at the IT show loh! =).. I resisted temptation! hahax..

Yizhou was looking for a router, so we shopped ard the place for one.. and then we were contemplating a special offer (but of some China brand I think!).. and then guess wat! I saw the brand of my router.. advise him to buy the brand tat I have instead.. at least its more reliable, since I used it for so long liaox.. so ya.. in the end, he bought it lah..

Then as we are almost done, saw boon sen & his girlfriend lah.. Then after which, we went to Marina Square and walk ard.. and went into Creative shop.. saw the speakers.. they are darn cool loh! Any moment there, I wld start buying! But thank goodness we were fast enuf to get out of the place and therefore, I did not buy anything loh!! =)

After which, we proceeded to Orchard for my all time fave activity, shopping!! Yeh!!

First we went to Paragon to go to the Crumpler shop and buy Yizhou's bag! Yizhou thought of buying a bag loh, and its either Crumpler or projectbloodbros bag he's looking for.. so ya.. Sidney got an Apple card and therefore he can get 10% off Crumpler bags lah! so ya.. I somehow manage to "contribute" to psycho/tempt Yizhou to buy Crumpler bags.. telling him all the perks of Crumpler bags and compare to the bag he wanted at projectbloodbros, Crumpler is much much better! And guess wat! My persuasion worked! He bought a Crumpler bag loh! =)

Then after tat, we went down to M1 and buy handphone.. actually I was the one buying lah!! And becos' my Nokia Ngage QD was giving me problems (ie, it kept on "hanging"), therefore decide to change my phone to Nokia 6030. I was also "gian" for the radio function lah.. so ya..
A lot of ppl have told me tat this is a sucky phone, but I certainly dun think so.. it is definately much better than my Ngage.. but oh well.. opinion differs lah!! so ya.. it all depends on how u look at it.. btw, I took the black colour.. so ya.. among all 3 colours (silver, black & champagne), this is the best lah!! I traded in my Nokia Ngage QD for $150, and I bought the Nokia 6030 WITHOUT contract (but with the $18 M Card- which is a prepaid card!).. Buying with the $ 18 M Card simply costs me $216 instead of the normal $268.. Moreover, besides purchasing the $18 M Card, I got a complimentary $8 M Card as well, so tat makes me a total of $26! So yupz.. So after trade in, I only pay $66 for my Nokia 6030. Quite worth it I muz say.. Dun you think so? =)
Anyway, this is only for the time being! After I ORD, I'm gonna trade in this phone or sumthing for other camera one.. so this phone I guess will only stay with me for abt 7 mths! =) *hint hint! 7 mths to ORD!*.. hahax.. =P

Then at M1, I was so tempted with the sleek design of Motorola (all thanx to the psychic powers of Sidney! Man.. this guy is influential lah!), tat I actually think tat nxt time if I change phone, I wld want to get Motorola instead (eg: Motorola V3x).. haix.. its me dreaming lah..

Anyway, getting my Nokia 6030 was no easy feat! After we bought Yizhou's bag, we went down to M1 to get my phone, and becos the queue @ M1 Paragon was long, I have to wait 1.5 hrs later *gulpz!* to get my phone! So after I got my no., we went shopping at Taka (to shop for Sidney's sunglasses) whilst waiting for the 1.5 hrs waiting time to pass!

And we walk practically frm Taka to Wisma (met Mark @ Taka.. 2nd person frm FDS we met for the day!), then to Wheelock, then to Pacific Plaza, and finally he got his sunglass.. And its no easy feat loh! He settled for Pacific Plaza and there he got his sunglass at Ripcurl shop.. and ppl.. hold your breathe! He actually bought a $240 Oakley sunglass! *gulpz!*.. And again, I had a part in tempting him to buy the sunglass.. Yizhou also had a part too, but I was the main party! =P Man.. I sounded like the devil for tat day loh.. tempting everyone to buy it.. then Sidney cldn't take it anymore, becos he tried on various brands, but all dun look as good as the Oakley's.. so ya.. Dun say.. I tried it on and it look good on me too! Of course lah.. $240 dun look good? you muz be kidding man! Anyway, when we ask the salesperson whether is there any new pcs, she said no.. its the last pc.. so ya.. so no choice lah.. since Sidney want it, he got it lah.. After he bought it, I suddenly felt this heavy sense of guilt of actually tempting him to buy and burn his pocket! Sorry bro.. didnt mean too.. but actually, the tempting process was very fun =P.. In fact, along the way, Sidney was again jokingly cursing and swearing tat I actually tempted him to buy the sunglass! But all in the name of good fun lah.. =D

Then as we walked to Taka to go to Paragon, we pass by one optical shop and saw the exact pair of Oakley's tat Sidney bought, and tat made him felt worse.. becos tat shop had a very high chance tat it has a new pair lah (but we didnt go in and ask!).. but oh well.. things are like tat lah!

Then after we got my phone, all 3 of us were undecided as to where to eat our dinner! So at first, we actually want to see Yuki Suki @ Cineleisure (which is a Jap. buffet!), but then, we cldn't take it liaox.. we were hungry! I was hungry to the state tat I got a headache lah! So in the end, I suggested Sushi Tei, Paragon, and asked them whether they ate b4.. they said no.. so we went to Sushi Tei for dinner loh.. there again, Sidney made fun of me again.. saying I muz pay for the dinner and all loh!!

Anyway, when we went there, we ordered a few dishes.. each of us ordered a main course, and we shared some side dishes! so ya.. here are some pics of the food we ate!.. hope it makes u hungry.. ha..

Our first side dish! A 18 pcs sushi platter.. They call this "Ohsumi Mori".. Quite economical.. this plate of sushi only costs us $12.

This is our second side dish! Deep fried tofu. Its different frm your normal fried tofu at Sakae Sushi.. this has a much savoury taste.. but a bit on the salty side though! They call this dish, "Age Dashi Tofu". Price of this dish: $4

Oh!! This is my fave. main course in Sushi Tei and I ALWAYS eat this when at Sushi Tei!.. Its a cold soba noodle dish, complete with cucumbers, carrot, ham slices, egg omelette, etc.. complete with the savoury cold soup thingy tat makes the whole dish so oishi-nei!! Anyway, this dish is called the "Hiyashi Chuka Soba". This costs a merely $8!

This dish is Sidney's main course, the "Yakitori Don". He wanted to eat Teriyaki Chicken, but they dun serve this in Sushi Tei.. So I advise him to eat Yakitori Don instead, as it is definately much better than Teriyaki Don @ Sakae Sushi.. and after eating, he agreed tat it is much much better than Teriyaki! Yeh!! The food guru's choice is never wrong! Ha.. Oh.. this photo was taken by HIMSELF on his Casio 5 megapixel camera! So ya.. See bro.. told you I'd acknowledge the credits for the photo! =).. so ya happy now? =D

As usual, we were photo crazy and quite trigger happy.. so we juz take shots lah!

After which, we proceeded to TCC @ Centrepoint! Initially it was my treat (for being late lah!), but then in the end, they insisted tat they were joking with me, and therefore, they paid for their stuff too lah!.. Anyway, we were fortunate in a sense tat the place was quite empty, so we got a sofa seat lah! so ya.. since the atmosphere and environment was conducive for taking photos, therefore, we took the pic u see on the left loh! Well.. juz a brief introduction of the photo.. Its me on the left, Sidney on the centre and Yizhou on the right of the photo! =)

After tat, came home, feeling shacked.. becos did not sleep in the afternoon mahz.. after dismounting, went out liaox.. so ya.. tats why never blog also!

Monday (13/03/06)

When I woke up the morning on this day, it was like hell lah! Feeling super tired and shacked! Absolutely no energy to do anything! Then whilst I was having my breakfast, I suddenly had a thought.. I sumhow regretted tat I shld hv got either 1GB iPOD Nano (@ $268) or the Canon IXUS 65 (@ a special price of $599.. usually its abt $650-$700) at the IT Fair or sumthing.. but then again, felt tat both are not impt.. so ya.. however, I'm waiting for ppl to give either one to me on my 22nd birthday (see countdown below!).. man.. Do I have a sense of shame? Apparently no! Hahax.. =).. I'm hinting very often in my blog nowadays as to wat you can give me for my 22nd birthday present.. so you readers koe wat to do huh.. =D.. die die.. now I lost my reputation and my shamelessness! Hahax.. But I dun care! Ha.. =P.. Anyway, below are the pics of the iPOD Nano & the Canon IXUS 65!.. savour and drool on them! ha..



Anyway, mounted duty at camp on this day lah! For the first time in history of GOH 2006, mounting duty has so many ppl till the pt tat some ppl had to make do with the wooden sofa chairs as their bed, becos apparently, there are not enuf beds to sleep on! Even if there are beds, no bedsheet being laid on it! Store I/C doin duty as well, so can't take bedsheets frm store.. haix..

But then, 3 of the new GOH specs mounted with us lah.. I was fortunate enuf to mount duty with 2 of the GOH specs (one of which was the platoon best!)..
I shall mention abt the platoon best (by the name of Zhiwen) in this blogpost of mine.. apparently, he looked garang and unapproachable at first, becos he has tat "dao" look on his face.. but then, when I mounted duty with him, we both got along fine.. in fact, we were juz like old time friends.. he did not pull rank and stuff. he even help his "men" (which is us lah) in some of the things.. for example, when he goes with me to take ration, he offered to help (unlike some sgts who juz stay there and see and expect me to do everything loh!).. and also in the morning, he helped cleared breakfast ration boxes which we were inconvenient to clear until the Floor I/C clears the place!.. man.. I think this is one of the best sgts tat I've had.. well.. juz hope tat he stays this way and dun change for the worse.. becos this is only his first duty with us.. so ya.. dun koe wat will happen in future.. so ya.. keeping my fingers cross loh! He actually agreed to bring me with him to Eastern to do duty nxt time.. dun koe whether he can remember by then lah.. so ya.. actually, he has abt the same thinking as me lah, probably becos we are of the same age.. so not much of a difference.. =)

Also got to koe 1 more sgt (by the name of Kenneth Ling) better (but he is frm S3 branch and NOT GOH! or else, it wld be fun lah!).. in fact, he looked so much alike like another senior sgt (by the name of Kenny Law) in S3 branch.. when u first see Kenneth, u need to stare at him for a second look, or else, you wld mistake him for Kenny! Ha.. What a coincidence! Two K's and lookalikes, and both in S3 branch; I wonder whether they were twins in their previous lives! Hahax..

Anyway, the tailor for our No.1 was supposed to come this day, but then, I think last minute he got something on.. so he changed it to Wednesday.. haix..

Tuesday (14/03/06)

Well.. as mentioned earlier, if my No. 1 comes yesterday, I wld have gone to Beach Road today and sew my rank and iron my No.1 liaox.. haix.. but then, its coming tml.. Tml is a bit rush lah.. judging tat I got my Advance Driving Theory tml (my 3rd attempt actually!), dun koe wat time then I can be at Beach Road to sew my rank and bring back to camp on Thurs, becos Friday I need to use it liaox.. haix..

You all koe sumthing? I did NOT study for my Advance Theory this time round.. I want to try my so called luck lah.. becos its like for the past 2 times I study so hard, also no use.. also fail.. so I'm going to juz take the test tml.. and *touch wood* if I fail again tml, then I wld take it again when I ORD.. no pt keep on retaking becos waste money.. and if I choose the date of test and sway sway tio my rehearsal dates, I have to spend money again.. so wats the pt right.. so ya.. Its all up to the Man Upstairs lah.. but appreciate if you cld pray as well? If its His Will, then pray tat He'll let me pass tml.. if not, then too bad lah.. not time yet! so ya.. believe he koes wat's best for me lah! =)

Then at nite after dinner, watch a bit of TV, and then blog.. didnt see Sidney online.. so I msg him.. and he msg me to call him back.. and there, he ranted to me abt his driving lesson.. hahax.. funny chap!

Then whilst surfin the net, I juz had this subconscious thought of me not actually attended church for already a solid mth! Man! No wonder I felt so far frm my church friends, even more importantly, God! But I dun koe actually.. when I go back to church this week and the next, I dun koe whether wld I feel the same at "home" or wld I start to feel a gap frm my bros in church (ie, Andrew, Nat & Ash), in a sense tat I dun feel like part of the grp, where I juz play like some "extra" or wld I feel even more closer to them since I've not seen them for a mth? Or wld I feel tat its much better to juz attend church and not hang out with them anymore, as after a mth of standing "alone", I got used to it? I simply dun koe.. these thoughts are raging my mind now! I'm thinking a lot!! haix.. what I write in this paragraph, is actually not the full thing of wat I want to say.. its juz the gist of it.. there is actually more to it, but I dun koe how to put it in words.. so ya.. haix.. blame it on my poor English.. =(.. I'm now like totally confused.. I dun koe whether is this feeling being put in by the Evil one or its juz my subconscious or izzit natural to feel this way? hmmm..

Ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. its late.. even though I dun feel sleepy, becos I had a 2 hr nap in the afternoon.. so ya.. btw, at the time of publishing, this blogpost is published at 2359! So you say late or not.. hahax.. Think I spend abt 2 hrs on this blog! Gosh!!

** 9 DAYS to my 22nd birthday!!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 218 DAYS to ORD!!

Many questions to be answered,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: