"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Highlights (Part 2)..

Updates abt my blog..

NEW pictures being uploaded.. see the following..

(a) Photo Gallery > My Family Events > The Siblings Birthday 2006 Celebration
(b) Photo Gallery > My Experience As A Soldier Boy > The Outing Of 3 SBAB Guys

Thursday (16/3/06)

Am I That Stupid?

On tis day, did P1 at camp. Morning went for shift run and then we played ball games till abt 1000. However, was very sianz lah.. becos they play either basketball or soccer, which both I'm not interested in lah..

Went to canteen for breakfast after tat.. Then drew arms and then dun koe my P1 grp sway or wat (apparently today's P1 is NOT suppose to be mine! It is actually serving my extra. I'm clearing my 1 outstanding extra, tats why.. Anyway, the P1 sgt told me tat 4 of us have to go gate duties, and the other 1 do duty.. So I volunteered gate duty frm 1200-1530, and the other grp is frm 1530-1900.

However once I reach there, I juz realised tat I didn't bring any water bottle.. and my friend and I who were at gate duty are dying of thirst right there lah.. then at 1515, we called the other grp to find out their whereabouts! And guess wat! My friend bluffed me tat they got more fatigue work to do so tats why they wld be late (which they only told me at bunk at night when I asked them!)..

Anyway, at tat the time of the day (which of course I didnt koe its a bluff one! I trusted my friend too much!), I was super hot and thirsty.. so naturally, I wld feel a bit fustrated. So as I was very sianz, I received a call frm my bro, Sidney, telling me tat he has pass his Advance Driving Theory.. Congrats bro! But on the other hand, I suddenly felt very useless, becos its only his 2nd try and he pass, whilst I try for 2 times and also cannot pass! AND WORST STILL.. I did not take my 3rd time.. lost all hopes in my driving liaox! Felt totally demoralised and stupid lah! "Am I that stupid?" I asked myself.. Now its more or less confirmed I'm going to take my driving after I ORD; maybe after I learn a few lessons of driving, then I take my Advance Theory. Haix.. enuf said abt driving..

After gate duty, went up to bunk for a while before proceeding to the officer mess to move the remaining stuff to the original place.. but thank goodness tat the function is off and we can start to move things and stuff.. Finish it within an hour!

As if its of any consolation, tml (which is fri) is again my P1 (this time is a regimental one).. so by the time we're back frm drill tml (which is fri), its close to 2pm liaox.. will book out on sat but thank godness, its long wkend.. so this is something which I can look forward to! =)

Friday (17/3/06)

On this day, nothing much to say.. except tat its rehearsals, rehearsals and more rehearsals! Practically, we did drills frm 1100-1700! And I tell you.. its tiring lah..

With close to a thousand ppl rushing to a small changing room to change, its really a challenge to juz manoeurve urself thru the queue and get in and out of the changing room.. so unfortunately, my No. 1 jacket kenna stained a bit, but thank goodness, the warrants which checked my uniform close 1 eye a bit, becos its not the actual parade anyway.. its juz a vetting.. so ya..

reached bunk at abt 1930, after pkt dinner at cookhouse (apparently, we went too late.. they were clearing liaox!), went up to bunk and kilat my other pair of boots for mon..

But when it was almost dried, I saw tat it was not so good.. so I got worried.. but without a care, I juz went to sleep at 2200!

Then at 0100, I woke up.. kept tossing and turning.. and finally I got so fed up at 0140, I woke up and went to the toilet, and at the same time, took the clothes frm the dryer and distribute them to the ppl who wash the clothes and dry them in the dryer. After doing so, it was 0200. Still cant sleep becos I actually had a wild thought of kilating my boots at 0200.. but was too lazy.. so decide to see if I can wake up early the nxt morning, then no problem liaox..

Saturday (18/3/06)

I auto wake up at 0600, and kilat my boots till 0645.. brush teeth.. send arms at 0800 and then booked out..

Came home, use a bit of computer, b4 proceeding down to Beach Road to sew my No. 1 rank! I tell you.. I reached there at abt close to 1300, and no one actually there wanted to sew the no. 1 rank for me.. because No. 1 rank muz be hand-sewn.. unlike the no. 4 rank which is machine sewn! so ya..

All the tailors there tell me tat wkends they dun sew No. 1 rank becos of obvious reasons.. u all think like this..
let's say 1 No. 1 uniform needs 15 mins to hand sew the rank, whereas 1 No. 4 uniform needs only 5 mins.. so 1 No. 4 shirt rank sewing is $3 whereas it ranges frm $4 onwards for a No. 1 rank sewing (depending on the shop.. its up to them whether they want to charge ex or cheap!).. Anyway, so if u do ur maths, its more profitable to sew No. 4 ranks rather than No. 1 ranks on a wkend.. becos No. 4 rank-sewing are like free money coming to ur pockets on wkends!

So when went there, saw boon sen and the rest (they also go sew rank but another shop!).. talk to them for a while.. then went to sew my rank.. This aunty said come back 1 hr later.. so I went to Ikea to buy cloth covers ($1.40 for 3 pcs! tats cheap lah!).. and by the time I came back frm Ikea and at beach road, its 1.5 hrs already gone by.. and the shocking thing is tat the aunty told me tat she has NOT sewn yet!

Then I was like wat to do.. have to wait.. then I juz peep to see whether the shop which I always frequent was opened! and I saw it was opened lah (but actually, when I first went to look for ppl to sew my rank, the shop was not opened! its only after I went back to collect, then the shop has opened!).. then, guess wat! I saw Yizhou at the shop I frequent and he also sew no. 1 rank.. I actually wanted to sew with him at the same shop, but the aunty said 4pm take and I was rushing for time to go to church for music prac at 3pm.. so ya.. so I actually wanted to like skip the music prac and let my no. 1 take more priority.. so ya.. then I went back to the shop and told the aunty tat I found another tailor who was willing to sew for me.. then she was like "ok lah.. I sew for you now..".. repeat to her wat I told her 1.5 hrs ago, and then she was like telling me not to stand there, or else, she wld be stressed..

Told my friend abt it, and then he juz let the aunty sew.. so ya.. then he brought me downstairs to eat tang yuan.. not bad actually.. then he saw a fellow GOH personnel (frm Changi Air Base and its a 3SG), and yizhou was juz behind this guy.. so ya.. he didnt recognise yizhou first, but yizhou took the initiative to call him and let him sit with us loh..
So me as a sociable person, I also started to chat with him lah (although I didnt koe him!.. and frm the conversation, I finally found someone who was frm Temasek Poly! ha..).. we also chatted other stuff..

Then at 1530, decide to go up and check the status of the sewing.. thank goodness its ready loh! took it and fled to church in MRT.. by the time I reach church, it was like 1600 liaox..

Practice with Mok in the canteen instead, and then played for worship..

Church was fine.. accompany with close friends whom I've not met up for a mth was even better.. then after which, ash jio me to go party.. but then I decline lah, becos was too tired.. remember I woke up at 0600 this morning? so ya.. sorry bro! =)..

Followed hannah to Forum's Toys R Us to buy water balloons for her sis bday tml.. its a last min thing lah.. actually wanted to go home liaox, but hannah said she doesnt koe the way, so I as a gentleman, volunteered to follow her loh.. so along the way, we were laughing, chatting and joking with each other loh..

Then we took bus 105 home together.. alighted a few stops before her.. SMS her like an hr later to see whether is she safely back and stuff (becos apparently, I felt tat it was my responsiblity to ask her abt her whereabouts.. since I didnt like really walked her home, as her hse to mine is like 30 mins drive away!.. so ya..).. see how much I've matured as a gentlemen! ha..

Sunday (19/3/06)

Woke up bright and early this morning..

First stop, went to see my grandma in an old folks home.. went to Tampines Mall to eat lunch with family.. (as usual, saw 2 familiar faces.. 1 is my poly classmate and the other is my Paya Lebar FDC Platoon mate!)

After which, proceeded to Orchard for some windown shopping.. then went to Borders @ Wheelock.. had a surge to buy a bk.. and so I bought a book (which is a newly released paperback book) and the price is reasonable.. $16.80.. oh.. the title of the book is "Darkhouse" by Alex Barclay.. which is a Mysteries genre type of book.. the synopsis of the book is interesting, so tats wat attract me to buy the bk lah!.. juz hope I wld be so interested in the bk tat I wld want to read it everyday! =)..

Then after which, went to Coffee Bean to drink Cinnamon Ice Blended.. not bad actually.. quite vanilla-ish.. =)..

After tat, went with family to go to Tanglin Mall to walk walk as time is still early for the bday dinner tat my parents is gonna treat my sis & I.. so ya.. I gave the suggestion of "Black Angus" @ Orchard Parade Hotel.. and surprisingly, my parents said ok loh! =)..

Anyway, the service there is superb.. we waited for my sis for abt 30 mins before we ordered the food and started eating.. so its like almost every staff of the restaurant came and ask us whether we are ready to order.. it gets irritating as time goes by, becos I have to keep repeating myself.. so ya.. but I guess this is all part & parcel of their job scope loh!.. so cant blame them..

Oh.. dun koe why how come this time, I can't post pics on blogger.. think something wrong with the server or sumthing.. so here's is only in words.. if you want to see how the dish looks like, pls. see part (a) of the starting of this blog, whereby I state tat there are new photos uploaded to Yahoo! Photos.. so ya

So here is juz the description of wat we ate..

Teriyaki Top Sirloin: (My sis & my Main Course)
A fresh-cut 9oz. top sirloin, marinated in soy sauce, sesame, fresh garlic, and ginger. Char-grilled to order then glazed with our homemade Sesame Teriyaki sauce.
Side dish for me (included in meal price): Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Stuart's Steak Soup
Side dish for my sis (included in meal price): Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Garden Salad.
*PS: Stuart's Steak Soup is a combination of a beefy soup base, complete with beef chunks, barley grains, sliced white onions and celery. A heavenly soup! You muz try it! If you like beef stew, this is for you!!

Hawaiian Ahi Fish: (My dad's Main Course)
Marinated with spice and tossed with pineapple salsa. Served with a choice of potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Side dish: Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Stuart's Steak Soup

Grilled Chicken Teriyaki: (My mum's Main Course)
A half pound chicken breast, basted with our famous sesame teriyaki sauce.
Side dish: Baked potato (with toppings: sour cream, saffron and chives) & Coleslaw.

Chicken Caesar Salad: (A shared dish)
Our signature caesar salad, piled high and topped with a slice of char-grilled chicken breast.
Side dish: Carrot soup (which is the soup of the day)

Sky-High Mud Pie: (A shared dessert)
Rich ice cream swirled with almonds and topped with a thick layer of fudge and whipped cream.

So here's a reminder.. if you want to see the pics, pls. visit the photos gallery and click the appropriate link ya =)

Ok lah.. gtg liaox.. need to wake up at 0530 for going back to camp tml! Haix.. sianx.. its 0100 on a mon (20/3) as I publish this blog.. Gosh! Its so late liaox.. Nitex ppl! =)

** 4 DAYS to my 22nd birthday!!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 213 DAYS to ORD!!

The days are drawing closer,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: