"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, March 25, 2006

A 22nd Birthday Celebration!

Well.. first of all, I wld like to thank the ppl (Mok, Ryan & Cat, Yap, Nat, Ash, Andrew, Tjow & Claudia, PK, Aaron, Natasha, Alvin, Uncle Enoch & family, Hannah & Jeremy) in my church Youth who have celebrated my bday today in one way or another! Thank you so much for the celebration as well as the bday present! It was so sweet of you all! For those who have written in the bk tat u all have given me, I juz want to say THANK YOU.. your words in the book was so sweet and I want you to know tat you are greatly appreciated! =).. Thank you all once again!!
(Photo courtesy of Yap! Thanx 4 this particular shot! You are a born photographer lah! I love this shot so much.. I think I will spam my Friendster, desktop etc with this particular shot! Ha.. love this shot so so much! Ha.. Thank you once again!)

Anyway, today I actually had high hopes or at least I was hoping tat I wld be going to a pub or sumthing with my church Youth friends to celebrate my bday.. but then I guess tat some ppl had difficulties.. so ya.. naturally I was quite disappointed initially.. but oh well.. guess it had to be at my 23rd birthday then?

Anyway, today's celebration was at Starbucks, Plaza Singapura.. we went there for some coffee.. then Catherine & Claudia was juz missing out of the blue.. dun koe where they went lah.. thought they have gone shopping or sumthing.. after a while, they came back with a Carrefour plastic bag and I can see frm the shape of it tat it was a bday cake.. so ya.. I was actually anxiously waiting.. ha.. then after a while, I saw a candle being stuck somewhere and then I knew the time was here.. Then Andrew suddenly was like leaning towards me and like block my view or sumthing.. then I knew the time has come.. see.. I'm clever ya koe.. ha.. =P.. So I was more or less prepared tat they are going to sing me a bday song.. so ya..

Then juz as I was least expecting it, they juz push the bday cake towards me and then they started singing the bday song IN FRONT of everyone in Starbucks, and they were singing it loud loh.. so I think almost the whole Starbucks (the people inside the cafe tat is) actually koe tat I'm celebrating my bday lah.. and guess wat! Though I was prepared, at tat time when they sang the bday song to me, I was like super embarassed and I can feel on my face tat there is this surge of blood gushing up my face and I can feel tat I actually blushed at tat moment! Man.. tat was so embarassing lah! Thank goodness I didnt cry or sumthing, or else, I cld have been a drama mama or sumthing.. LOL!!

But thanx anyway guys! Guess tats wat makes this nite so memorable despite the disappointment of me not going to a pub to celebrate my bday instead.. =)

Ok.. enuf abt my bday celebration liaox.. shall blog wat happened b4 the bday celebration..

Ok.. anyway, today's service was ok.. Carlise was leading and I think I was the lead backup.. so it feels like HCC all over again.. wohoho.. Todays worship was superb I muz say, becos for the simple fact tat it all linked together (the songs tat is!).. ha.. but something was missing though.. Drums! If got drums, it wld be better lah! But my bro, Andrew, was not available for practice, so he didnt play.. he attended church but not practice.. so ya.. haix.. wasted sia! But was happy to see him at church lah, so wat more can I ask? ha.. =).. initially, I thought he cldnt attend church at all, and wanted to ask him whether he is attending my bday celebration with Tjow & the rest.. so ya.. =)

Oh.. b4 the service started, attended the music practice (which I was late as usual; cldnt get the bus and the bus took so long to arrive and then moreover, need to take the train to church.. arghh.. so my travelling time was almost 45 mins! and tats long loh!) and also Metamorphosis cell.. and I muz say Meta cell was quite interesting in a sense tat instead of the normal biblical stuff tat we do at cell, this time its in a discussion mode.. in a sense tat we discuss abt current affairs and guess wat current affair we did this time.. and yes.. u may have guess it.. its actually the "Tammy frm NYP Saga".. shall not go on and explain further, becos you all muz have koe it in one way or another! Man.. this cell beats the old fashion way of like bible study and stuff.. so ya.. Discussion of current affairs rox lah! =)

Then service starts.. uncle chong beng gave sermon, though half the time I didnt koe wat he's talking abt! Ha.. guess I was not paying attention! The only thing I actually remembered was actually the story he told us.. ha.. it doesnt help too tat I got serious STM (Short Term Memory) too! ha..

After service, went to Meridian for dinner.. and then proceeded to Starbucks for the celebration thingy loh..

Actually, Andrew has the choice to go DOTA-ing with the rest of the boys after dinner.. but then, he actually made a firm decision tat he wld be staying with tjow & the rest to celebrate my bday with me! When I heard tat, I was so touched.. and coming to think of it as I blogged, I actually wanted to tear.. ha.. Thanx bro! U are really my true bro lah =)

And if u all have seen the timing, I have made an effort to start the blogpost before the clock strikes 12 midnight.. the reason being I want ppl to see this blogpost the first thing in the morning when they read my blog =)

ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. quite tired.. woke up quite early in the morning after a long sleep yesterday nite.. so ya..

Oh.. tml is another outing day for me.. gotta go to Sizzler, Toa Payoh, for a farewell dinner for Wendy who is embarking on a work journey and she will be stationed in Beijing for 3 solid yrs.. gosh.. by then, I wld like 25 yrs old! Man..

Oh.. during service today, Carlise was like asking me tat once I pass the age of 21, the subsequent yrs wld come very fast and before I koe it, I wld be 30! Man.. I was like agreeing with her all the way! It is so so fast! For those of you readers who are under 21, u may not feel tat the statement is true.. but for those who are above 21, I'm sure u wld start to agree with me loh! Do I see tat nodding? ha.. food for thought huh! =)

Gosh! As I'm posting this post, its like 0130 liaox.. need to sleep liaox or else tml can't wake up! ha..

Oh.. todays event (my bday celebration tat is) photos has already been posted up on the net.. pls. go to Photo Gallery > Church (OCC/HCC/GJ) Events > My 22nd Birthday Celebration with GJ Photos. Thanx =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 207 DAYS to ORD!!

Getting older by the day,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: