"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, February 13, 2006

Updates...

Saturday (11/02/06)

This day, I spent literally the whole morning (from 0800-1400; a whopping 6 hrs) watching my past recorded programs. There are abt 15 programs (recorded on 5 videotapes) waiting for me to view, so tat the tapes can be used to tape other programs.

After watching the videotapes (I have 2 more left to view!), bathe and went to church for Youth music practice.

After the practice, went to juz walk walk and buy drinks and accompany my bro, Andrew, to eat lunch. Of course my other 2 bros, Nat & Ash, also went. 4 of us went to BK.. did not want to eat anything at first, becos of my bad cough.. but eventually, I succumb to "temptation" and gave in, and I ate a few onion rings. Quite nice I muz say.. hahaz.. Of course, with Nat around, lame jokes are inevitable and lame jokes = laughters.. Tats wat I like abt my bros! They bring me so much laughter each week loh!

Then its time for Youth Service. My bro, Andrew, was the worship leader. Andrew wanted something different; he want to play drums and lead at the same time. I thought tat it was a cool idea. However, when the worship starts, eben though its a fast song, the tempo is slowed down tremendously.. and therefore, the whole worship session sound so "dead"..

The message was delivered by my cell leader, Carlise. Message was good! Great job Carlise if you are reading this! Message was abt worship.. Well, if you want to koe abt the details, pls. visit Alvin's blog.. I'm sure he has the details there!
*Click the word, "Alvin's", above to access his blog! =)..

Then, it came to my speciality song, "Through It All".. I played it with lots of feelings sia, machiam like some Mozart playing.. chey.. hahaz.. =P

After service, my bro, Andrew, suddenly become like so sad! At first moment, I immediately think tat he was disappointed with the worship tat he led.. and after much observation by his speech or sumthing, I finally concluded tat my prediction was right! Haiz.. My bro, Andrew, is like me.. very perfectionist-orientated.! If sumthing goes wrong in what we do, we wld either blame ourselves or be super sad abt it.. haix..

Then, after service, my parents, Josh Gouw & Alvin, jio me to follow them for dinner @ Zion Road.. Josh Gouw's mum even best! She offered to give me a lift back to camp after the dinner (becos they stay juz opp. Estern Gate which I guard at times!), but I rejected lah.. becos mainly, I want to speak to my bro, Andrew, abt some matters (not convenient to mention..) and also spend time with my other bros, Nat & Ash, and also some of my other church Youth mates.. so ya..

Since I got cough, therefore cant eat spicy stuff.. so Korean food was out of the question.. so in the end, I ate the Thai dish, Pork Omelette with Rice.. This time, I ordered it with less salt/fish sauce.. but the deco of the dish is quite impressive, until the pt tat when I walk past some of my church mates (like Esther, Mok, Hannah, Raina, Rachel Goh, my bros) were like wat is this.. and therefore I stop and then at every time, tell them wat is this and let them sample.. so ya..

Then after finish dinner, talk a while, and then go back camp.. This time, I try to take a cheaper alternative, and tat is MRT & cab frm Yishun, rather than cab frm Orchard to camp.. Difference in total amt spend is $7! So ya.. but the downside is tat it takes me an hour to reach, whilst cab frm Orchard takes only 30 mins.. so ya..

Came back home and bathe, and by the time I settle down and send some SMSes, it was already 12+am.. so ya..

Sunday (12/02/06)

Woke up at 0630, change and get ready for breakfast at Cookhouse and mounted duty.

Was suppose to go Eastern Gate for duty, but one of my friends wanted to go Eastern Gate, so I change with him loh!! Then when at Guardroom, my sgt asked me whether I want to go Eastern, and I initially didnt want to, becos I changed already and on the bed ready to sleep liaoz (becos I no first duty mahz..).. but then he asked around and no one want to go, so therefore I see him so poor thing and Eastern has to set off soon, so I volunteered lohz!

Eastern Gate personnels was ok lah.. Quite happy to mount with them lah.. A fun bunch to be with!! Personnels are Samuel, Ivan, Kian Boon, Yeow Siang & me! Was on 10 hrs duty. Quite slack already.. becos its normally 14 hrs.. but my officer sent 1 guy to help out in the mounting for a while.. so our hrs has been reduced lah..

Then, one of my friends, Randy (whom I gave the nickname, "Ah Boy", becos he is only 18 yrs old..) .. actually he asked me whether to go to his birthday dinner next Sunday (19/2), but then, I'm comtemplating whether shld I go or not, becos I want to spend time with my family, since Ithink its abt a mth since we went shopping and eating together! Its either the festivities (CNY) or my duty tats hindering our family outing! So ya.. so I reluctantly rejected "Ah Boy" loh.. feel so bad.. but guess tat he understands lah..

Monday (13/02/06)

Dismounted duty, and then went back home.. went to AMK to go and cut my hair.. I like my hair lah.. becos its short and spiky.. juz the way I like it and I've always wanted!

Initially, there is this barber who cut for me, whom I've never seen b4.. so I was like quite scared at first lah.. then I told him the instructions, and he asked me whether want spiky.. I initially said no.. but then after thinking for a while, I changed my mind and therefore asked the person to cut spiky hair! The person then cut and cut and I was worried tat he dun koe how to cut.. but surprisingly, after I wore my specs and see, it was super good and cool! Man.. I wld cut this hairstyle frm now on loh! Super cool!

After cutting my hair, came home and now on computer blogging and doing other stuff.. one of which is a bible study which I wld facilitate at the beginning of nxt mth.. super shiong! muz use mind again.. haiz..

And yes.. my body is still aching frm the IPPT done last wk! Ouch!!

Ok lah.. gtg and take a light nap liaoz..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 247 DAYS to ORD!!

Muscle aches everywhere,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: