"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, February 10, 2006

A Pass finally!

Oh... before I go on, the photos for Jeremy's Birthday Celebration are uploaded.. Go to Photo Gallery> Church(OCC/HCC/GJ) Events > Jeremy's Birthday @ Starbucks.

Well.. this is a joy which I can't contain! Well.. tell u all further details later in this blogpost.. so read on..

Wednesday (08/02/2006)

2 days before my IPPT test! Was definately of some stress.. so decided to train further by running..

Did 2 trips of running.. which means tat I ran to Place A and then I ran back (becos didnt really get permission to run further).. then the rest went to play soccer or basketball, and then becos I wanted to train for IPPT, therefore, I jio my friend along for run.. he hesistated at first, but at last, I manage to jio him lah.. so I ran to my usual place, Place B. =0).. according to him, I completed 5.2km, and fwah! tats an achievement lah!

Then afternoon do fatigue work somemore, so dun have time to nap.. and naturally, becos I'm such a sleeping king (at least tats wat my camp mates call me!), I slept at 9pm tat nite!

Thursday (09/02/2006)

Mounted duty on this day.. Had 6 hrs of duty.. and this is the SLACKEST so far for me during a wkday duty! This is becos I had to take IPPT the next day.. so ya.. so my sgt and officer is giving me (or actually those taking IPPT) more time to rest, so we can perform our best during our IPPT!

But didnt really had a full 7hr sleep (as stated in the training regulations), becos of duty schedules! Slept only for abt 5-6hrs only!

On the same afternoon, I suppose to have an unarmed checker duty for 2 hrs (frm 1100-1300). However, becos of certain circumstances, my shift mate 'jia' me, so I volunteered to do till 1500, and tat guy will take over my 1500 arm checker duty! I actually pye back to my sgt to let sumone replace me for lunch, but then, to my surprise, after he told me the plans, he told me to 'tong' somemore.. and there I was starving! So actually tat afternoon, my lunch was at 1500! Imagine me with a hungry stomach and doing duty.. as the saying goes, "a hungry man is a angry man". So I was like telling the ppl who do duty with me, tat if my sgt calls me to do other duties, I'm going to flare up! So thank God tat there is no such thing lah =)

As you all koe, this day, it was raining non-stop.. and as RPs, we have to do our duty no matter whether rain or shine.. so I guess I got too much into the rain, tat the whole day, my nose was "running like a tap", and me having a bad cough! So sleeping was entirely a chore even!

And my afternoon sleep was even more of a chore.. becos besides mosquito bites, ppl talk loud and stuff, so my sleep was naturally disrupted! And after I woke up, I can't sleep.. and my mind starts to wonder.. and guess wonder till wat topic? Its actually "my IPPT!".. and the more I think of it, the more stressed up I am! So I was tat stress tat I sent out SMSes to my buddies in church to pray for me (my IPPT test tat is!)

Friday (10/02/2006)

Things didnt get better until this morning! Was doing duty yesterday nite frm 2300-0100, and guess wat.. I started to develop a fever! I felt so lousy lah.. and my sore throat was getting frm bad to worse.. And I kept gulping down water and by the end of 2 hrs, my entire 1 litre water is gone, and not to mention, a full bladder! ok.. lets not go there.. so ya..

So after 0100, I slept loh.. until 0600 for flag raising.. and then, I get back to a light nap for abt 15 mins, before breakfast came and I ate loh.. becos need to eat so got energy for IPPT mah..

Then at 0700, went back to bunk and get ready to send my arms.. then, its me going up to bunk and change into my PT (Physical Training) attire.. and my officer was like "Abriel.. can or not? You muz pass ah!".. it looks like my officer has very high hopes on me! And thank goodness, I did not disappoint him lah.. He also told me tat if I get Silver Award for IPPT, I wld get 1 day off.. so ya..

So there I was.. with half confidence of me passing my IPPT! Actually, frankly speaking, I dun have any confidence to pass my IPPT loh this morning!

Then the time came where we took our IPPT! It was cool I tell you.. my first station was the SBJ (Standing Broad Jump) which I am weak and stuff.. but surprisingly, after a few tries, I manage to get 3 pts for it!

However, the marvellous thing was my pull ups! I did a whopping 12! My usual was only 6 loh.. Becos its like I aim 8 (becos 3 pts mah).. but then, I until 8, I not tired.. so I continued, and it was 12! I was so so happy lah!

Anyway, by the end of my static stations, I got a total of 16 pts.. it is a total of 18 pts (with ALL stations at least 3 pts and above), then you can get a Silver award.. and guess wat! I was 5 sec short of a Silver Award, becos of my 2.4km run! haix.. but anyway, I prayed to pass and NOT have a Silver Award.. so ya.. at least I'm thankful tat I passed.. at least never fail =P

Anyway, here are the breakdown of my grades:

Sit-Ups: 42 (5 pts)
Standing Broad Jumps: 225cm (3 pts)
Pull Ups: 12 (5 pts)
Shuttle Run: 10.49 sec (3 pts)
2.4km run: 11.44 min (2 pts)

Haix.. wasted rite?

But anyway, thanx 4 those who prayed for me! I've made it! Your prayers are not in naught!

Oh.. good news.. I'll be in Guard-Of-Honour 2006.. so this means tat I'll be in NDP 2006 once more =)... looking forward for GOH! =).. becos time really pass tat fast in GOH loh! I'm not kidding.. so ya..

Ok.. gtg and sleep liaoz.. waking up early tml morning to on TV and watch my videos tat I've taped =)

A fit guy at last,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: