"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Unagi wld never be the same again!! ;P



After I left my latest blog in cyberspace, went to bathe and meet up with my bro, Andrew. Was supposed to accompany him for lunch, but then, I was late.. so ya.. sorry ah bro! =)

Btw, my attire today was contact lens, white lycra Giordano T-shirt, my Levi's 505 jeans, my new engraved name choker (which is very nice btw, being today is the debut of me wearing chokers!), white ankle socks, my black Swatch watch, gelled hair and my Nike Dunk shoes! Fwah! Mentioning abt details.. haha.. =)

By the time I reached Orchard MRT, Andrew was done with his lunch.. so waited for him abt 3 mins and he appeared. And then he started to told me this funny incident tat he saw whilst having lunch @ MacDonalds! The details, I wld think you read his blog lah.. lazy to type! He's been telling ppl abt his encounter today during lunch, so I wld suppose when his next blog comes, he wld be blogging all abt it =).. so ya..

Then we walked to Lido and buy 6 tix! Nat cld not come at the last minute, so Tjow & Claudia joined us instead! So the movie ppl today were Andrew, Ash, Tjow & Claudia, Felicia & of course, me lah! And after we chose our seats and paid the cash, we were entitled to a lucky dip of every 4 tix purchased! And I chose a prize of a movie premium, and were shown to a few movie notebooks.. didnt want to take those demonic ones.. so in the end, I took the "Phantom of the Opera" notebook! Then I juz realise tat I did not have a bag! So ya..

Then after tat, we walked to Far East to meet Ash.. but seeing it was too early b4 the mtg time, Andrew & I walked the whole of Far East.. Along the way, we talk some crap lah of course!

Then we met Ash.. and the 3 of us walked the whole of Far East.. so its the 2nd time tat Andrew & me walked Far East again on the same day..

Then a call on my hp came.. it was frm my shift mate.. he asked me abt my RP3 attire and stuff.. I asked him why and he said he dun koe.. I also didnt offer myself to have an RP3 attire, becos there are some restrains.. everything is more or less ok, except tat the shirt is not iron properly yet and my helmet is the main thing tat I hate to wear my RP3. This is becos my RP3 helmet is like a one size fits all kind of helmet and becos of my longish head shape, once the helmet is adorned on my head, my head wld be pain and it wld be super tight, even though the strap is put right at the end liaoz! And there is a certain standard of wearing the RP3.. so since I can't wear my helmet, so wats the pt of me having an RP3?

The I explained to my friend.. he said nvm.. tml see how.. shortly after, the T-loaned sgt (frm another shift) called.. and he asked me the RP3 thing, becos' tml one of the sqn is hving their Change of Command Parade and 3 unlucky personnels have to adorned our RP3 and be car-openers! Then I told him my helmet cldn't fit! Then, he told me ok.. he find other ppl..

Shortly after tat, he called me back and told me to juz bring my RP3 tml.. im like WTH!! I told him my reasoning.. saying tat since my helmet cldnt fit, so its no pt for me to bring my RP3 at all! He juz said nvm.. juz bring, becos no one want to bring.. at tat time, I really wanted to like slap him or sumthing.. was super mad! I think Ash & Andrew (who was with me when I answered the call) can also sense my anger lah!!

Then I got super mad.. then I called my OWN sgt.. told him abt my helmet situation, and this time, this sgt was more undertsanding.. Initially, he tot since I cannot wear helemt, nvm.. he called me to change with someone else.. but then wat he didnt koe is tat this is a one-size-fits-all kind of helmet.. so ya.. I told him the situation and at least he said nvm for my case, becos my helmet cant fit! So ya.. but dun koe wat's the case tml lah.. haiz.. so mah fun..

Then, I forgot all abt the issue and continued shopping with Ash & Andrew.. then Ash walked into this shop.. and after I put down the call, he told me he wanted to have my *ahem* professional advice abt his stuff.. So me being the shopping guru, gave him some solid advice lah.. so ya.. it seems like everyone who goes out with me in shopping, wld simply asked for my opinion.. I machiam like some shopping guru.. but wait a minute! I am the shopping guru! haha.. I shld charge for my services next time.. ha.. =P

Then, soon.. Tjow & Claudia met us (Ash, Andrew & myself).. and then we walked.. and suddenly, we stop by one shop.. and guess wat! 2 of my poly classmates called me.. and we chatted for a while.. then I realise one of them was in the Top 100 Girls next door FHM Magazine this mth.. so ya.. And one of them said something which really made my day.. she said a sentence in Mandarin, which I shall translate it in English for the benefit of some readers.. so here's wat she said:
"You have become more handsome! Work hard and you'll be able to get a girlfriend soon!"
So ya.. when I heard tat, I like snubbishly deny the fact, but in fact, I was super happy tat sumone praised me! Ha.. so I guess tat my attire today was like the right choice (ie, wearing contacts and all!)..

Left for the cinema after a while at Far East, but seeing it was still early, we walked round Isetan for a while. As usual, Tjow cldn't resist his spending power, and he bought a mini water dispenser.. Actually, all of us (including his wife, Claudia) saw it was unnecessary, but he insisted tat it was on offer and its cute.. n he cld put it in his room.. so oh well.. he bought it lah.. and he looks very happy.. ha =P

And dun koe why.. Ash & I actually has the most static, and we were like when accidentally touch each other, both will exclaim in pain! tats how strong our statics are! weird huh..

Then, we sat down for close to 30mins and talk crap.. ate Fillet-O-Fish burger to fill my tummy (becos apparently, the plan was to go eat dinner after the show, so didnt want to eat so full!), becos was super hungry.. then Andrew told me tat for a mere $0.20 more, he cld get me a student Fillet-O-Fish meal! haiz.. oh well..

Then Felicia came and we went into the cinema to watch the show.. and surprisingly, Lido is not as bad as I thought.. I was thinking of limited leg room and stuff.. but ya.. it didnt appear so.. in fact, the leg room was more than sufficient.. but the only down point is tat the seat handles are plastic, so its a bit of uncomfortable!

Then the show showed on the cinema screen, and Andrew & Felicia being naughty, they started to throw popcorns over ppl's head.. initially, there were nobody who turned back! Then almost near the end of the show, Andrew chu stunt.. he threw and the person turned back and looked in my direction.. and I act as if nothing happened! Thank goodness tat no fights were caused and stuff!

During the show, of course my bro, Andrew being the sicko king, created some "blue" or lame jokes out of the actor's or actresses dialogue.. and there is this part whereby it mentions some mature themes! (dun want to mention, becos I koe there are underage ppl reading my blogs.. underage really means underage! those like sec 1 or 2.. so ya..).. and also, dun want to be a spoiler lah.. but I was a bit of the slow.. Andrew understood it the first time the English subtitles were on the screen, and I didn't.. but after he laughed, then I realise wat he is laughing, and began to laugh too! See.. told u my bro is sick.. ha..

So regarding abt my title in my blog and my MSN nick, if you never watch "Memoirs of a Geisha", you wld never koe wat the unagi really means! If u watched it, I believe you shld either be grinning or smiling your way as you see the word, "unagi" (in the movie, they do not say "unagi".. they say "eel" instead.. for me, I wld prefer to use "unagi".. much more civilised term and it gives an indirect meaning to it..)! Haha.. So indeed after u have watched the show, the unagi wld never be the same again!! ha.. =)

Well.. well.. after speaking so much, my verdict of the movie? its FANTASTIC!!. I dun really koe how to explain why I rate it fantastic! I seriously dun koe how to explain! Its juz good lah!
Probably its becos of Zhang Ziyi & Michelle Yeoh (btw, Michelle Yeoh's english is really good in the movie! She speaks very fluent and English (with the American accent) real well!)..
or it cld probably due to the fact tat this is another genre of movies (which I believe tat this belongs to the genre of art) tat I enjoy watching..

Initially Ash told me tat his cousin said it wld not be nice if you are tired, and my shift mate said tat not very nice becos too many dialogues.. So ya.. but I juz simply find it nice and its worth my EVERY cent of my $8.00! So ya..

After which, no one like seems to eat dinner.. so came home and took 105 back.. bus was quite packed, but reached home close to 10.30pm.. so ya..

Bathe and now blogged loh.. sleeping soon liaoz.. tml need to wake up 0530! haiz.. so once I go tml, I think my next blogging wld be on Sunday.. haiz..

Tml was supposed to have my dad's side family reunion dinner at my place.. but then, tml have to go back 2300, and I only bk out 1700.. so no pt lah.. waste money and stuff.. even my mother agreed so.. haiz.. so there goes my chance of eating nice Peranakan food and seeing my cousins!
But my only comfort is tat I'm seeing my cousins on the 2nd day of CNY! So ya.. at least not so bad.. but then again, 2nd day of CNY, I need to be back at camp 2300, becos 3rd day of CNY I on duty.. haiz.. =(

Enough of complaining.. getting sleepy now.. stomach growling.. but muz control my diet.. becos eating too much junk food.. and not to mention, I drank 1 WHOLE big cup of Pepsi ALL by myself during the movie.. Calorie intake too much tonite.. haiz.. need to lose weight!! ahhh....

Sleepy now.. so goodnight world.. and I'll cya on cyberworld ya.. =)

Unagi anyone?,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: