"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, January 29, 2006

I Not Stupid Too!

First & foremost, let me wish you readers out there,
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR 2006! May this new Year bring you much joy in whatever you do, and may the Peace of God stays with you always! Gong Xi Gong Xi!

Okay.. shall blog abt the previous days before I blog abt today.. so at least you readers out there get to koe what happened the last few days!

27 Jan 2006 (Friday)

Well.. this day, when I back in camp, I complained abt my RP3 helmet issue to my friends.. and when my sgt (the understanding one tat is) came in, once he see me, he remembered abt the thing abt me can't wear my RP3 helmet! So ya.. thanks God..

Then, was actually not supposed to be P1.. but then, becos last minute they cld not find someone, my sgt asked me whether I wanted to serve P1, so I agreed loh.. anyway, didnt plan to go home after all on this day.. so actually did P1, and was quite sway.. did a 2 hr duty (and guess wat? almost kenna scolded by my OC for some trival matter.. haiz..), but was also fortunate, becos the whole shift came down, becos juz in case not enuf ppl to run for drill when the audit comes! haiz..
So the rest of the shift stayed frm like 1100-1700 in the guardroom, and sadly to say, no audit yet.. so ya..

Then didnt koe why, felt so sleepy and tired when reached bunk.. initially was not so tired.. but once the clock strikes 2000, I started to feel tired.. wanted to finish watching a variety show which is frm 2000-2030, but my friend halfway like not happy, becos he want to watch other show.. so anyway, u koe me lah.. when I'm sleepy, I feel very vexed and get easily angered! So ya.. in the end, I juz say let him watched in a very pissed off manner lah.. then I went to sleep at abt 2020.. woke up like at 2255, and see the surroundings for a while before going back to sleep! And fwah! dun I sleep longer than usual! I actually slept frm 2020-0630 and tat is a whopping 10 hrs!

28 Jan 2006 (Saturday)

Woke up feeling quite energised (becos got more than enuf sleep!) and then ate breakfast.. mounted duty and guess wat! Becos its a wkend duty (moreover, its a Saturday duty and a Saturday duty is the slackest of all day in terms of duty!)..
And becos of the amt of ppl mounted duty, so my FIRST duty was actually at 2100! Yes! 2100!!!

My buddy for the day (in terms of duty partner) was actually the youngest member (who is 18 yrs of age this Feb) in my shift.. Chatted with him (when on and off duty!) and got to koe him better! I even gave him a nickname, "Ah Boy".. haha..

Was a bit sad initially in the day, becos not able to go home for reunion dinner!.. but then, somehow my shift had a "special" dinner (cant say wat it is.. if you want to koe, ask me.. becos this thing maybe sensitive! dun want to type it in this blogosphere!).. after having tat "special" dinner, felt much better (at least there is a home feeling lah, and also with my shift mates.. a conhesion activity sia!).. and after tat, did my first duty at 2100 loh!

Then at 2305, my officer (who was the only person left in control room!) asked the 18 yr old guy to standby his duty in the control room.. and the 18 yr old guy was so bored, tat he called me to accompany him.. so stayed inside and chatted with him and helped him do the duties in the control room at the same time!

Then at 2330, drill was done @ Eastern Gate!! 2 in fact!! Then I tot I won't tio drill.. suddenly my officer gave drill @ Toranto Gate, and tat was close to 12 midnight liaoz! Then my officer wished everyone Happy CNY at the stroke of 12 midnight.. for a moment of 5 mins, my shift were juz shouting CNY greetings over the pyset! Then after my officer is done with Toranto Gate, he came to Main Guardroom to give drill! At tat time, I was getting ready to sleep.. in fact, was in my admin attire and socks and boots all out.. then suddenly turnout.. Damn! Have to wear everything and do it ASAP.. then we turnout and my officer explained to us how the drill is done and stuff.. after discussion, tat 18 yr old guy remembered tat there is one more fellow but he did not turnout, and worse still.. he is sleeping in a place where no one shld sleep (so tats why he did not hear the turnout alarm!).. and this 18 yr old guy juz told my officer abt him not turning out.. so ya.. he quite stupid lah.. Thankfully my officer was good and he did not make us do again, or else, haiz..

In the end, after the drill was completed and explained, my officer told us to wayang and stuff and test see how fast the person will turnout (after he asked someone to tell tat person tat it was a turnout, whilst we are forming outside)! But it was all too late.. my officer was angry liaoz! And I tot he act scolding, but never did I expect, all the usual explesives (frm A-Z) which he wont say it, and he actually said yesterday! Fwah!! First time see my officer so angry sia!

And by the time the drill is done and we are allowed to sleep, it was 0100 liaoz! And I had a duty at 0300-0500.. haiz.. Main Gate duty somemore.. haiz.. =(

30 Jan 2006 (Sunday)

Then dismounted duty today with debrief (for the various drills) whilst walking for the Duty Officer for the day to open the armoury, and we send in our arms!

Then went home, bathe and then off I went for vistation.. dress my best.. and went out to my aunty's hse in Holland!

Mum decide to take a cab there (and not the usual bus thingy).. stayed there for lunch (and the food is not bad lah.. edible!) and then leave for Plaza Singapura after tat to watch the movie, I Not Stupid Too!



Well.. this movie is my 2nd movie of the week liaoz (my first being "Memoirs of a Geisha").. this movie was booked online like days before today (and apparently it was empty), and today after I went to collect the tix, I then realised tat the cinema was almost fully packed with ppl!!

Well.. my verdict of the show? It was EXCELLENT ! But wait!! I koe some of you out there may not agree with me.. but to each his opinion lah!

I started a liking for Jack Neo's movies since I watched his last movie, "One More Chance".. and the thing I like abt Jack Neo's movies are tat the movie is very realistic and it touches on some really tough and at times, sensitive topics!

Anyway, back to the movie! I read reviews of this show tat it was only so-so, and yet, I've also read comments tat this movie makes you laugh and cry at the same time!

Show spoiler alert.. read it only if you do NOT wish to catch the show!!

-- Start of show spoiler --

And true enuf, I've experienced it myself, and this is really true! The laughs comes frm the 40% of the show dislogue, which were in hokkien! And if you dun understand hokkien, there are both Mandarin & English subtitles (and oh.. the show is in Mandarin, but English subtitles are provided)..
And fyi.. if you dun want to catch this movie in the cinema and u are juz waiting for the VCD/DVD to come out, I suggest you go to the cinema and catch this show.. becos once the VCD/DVD version is being sold in the market, they wld censor all the hokkien parts, and they would dubbed it with Mandarin, which kills all the laughs! so ya..

So anyway, yes.. and you koe me.. I'm really a sentimental kind of guy.. so at times during the movie, I actually cried!

I actually started tearing when at a part, where Jack Neo's character (who is named Steven) in the show, actually realises tat he has not spend enuf time with his child.. the story actually states tat Steven actually charges ppl $500 an hr for his talk.. and his younger son (in the show tat is, and his younger son is named Jerry in the show) actually is a lead actor in his school play! But Jerry simply cant get his dad (who is played by Jack Neo) and mum (who is played by Xiang Yun) to confirm their attendance to his sch play, becos both of them are busy with their jobs!

Then the story goes on to say tat Jerry yearns to have a collection of PokeMon cards.. so along the show, they portray Jerry trying ways and means to save money (and even steal a stack of money whom he stole frm a canteen aunty who accidentally left it there, but in the end, Jerry kenna caught by a CCTV camera, and Steven & his wife is being called to the school and being questioned).. Jerry apparently doesn't koe tat his parents koe abt the stolen money matter!

Then after they came home, Steven questioned Jerry abt why he steal the money! And Steven actually uses a cane to discipline Jerry! And Steven kept asking why Jerry steals money! But Jerry kept quiet.. instead, Steven took matters in his own hands, and assumes tat Jerry steals is becos of he wanted to buy PokeMon cards.. Steven then explained to Jerry in a very fierce manner tat its not he doesn't want to buy the cards, but its tat Jerry has so many, so why spend the money?
This time, Jerry still kept mum, while Steven scolds him harshly..

Then Jerry cldnt take it, and he answered Steven,
"It's not becos of the cards! Its becos I wanted to save money to buy 1 hr of your time!"

Fwah! Tat time when I heard this, my tears juz AUTOMATICALLY flow!! I discreetly wipe off my tears, but tears juz kept flowing!! Apparently, you can hear in the cinema many rustling of the tissue paper plastic packaging, and you koe tat ppl are crying too! Actually, as I was writing this blog, my eyes also is watering a bit.. tat scene remains very vivid in my mind!

And the story goes lah.. too lazy to type out wat happen to the rest and stuff! Definately, laughs and more tears are generated as the movie/story goes along!!
But definately a movie tat makes me want to catch it again!! Its tat good lah!! I like these kinds of "reality" movies!!

But the whole story is based on this tagline:
"When was the last time you've praised your children? It's long isn't it?"

That tagline above juz keeps ringing in my head!
**Note: I recommend tat whoever has problems with his/her parents (u koe who u are!), the whole family shld watch this movie together.. or at least, tat person (u koe who is urself ah.. I dun want to say out.. juz in case once I say your name, you wld be very embarassed! so ya..)
So if you are the person whom you are thinking I'm talking abt, I wld recommend you to go watch the movie! If you short of movie kakki or you want some accompany, call me.. I will try my very best to go with you! =).. So ya.. tat person (whom I think you koe who you are!) please SMS or private msg me on MSN to confirm whether you are going to watch? Thanx!! =)

-- End of show spoiler --

So ya.. definately this movie has made me cry and laugh.. So ya.. tats wat I like abt Jack Neo's movies! Will definately support his next work loh =)..

After the movie, came home and ate the leftovers of Friday's reunion dinner food (tats my dinner mind u!).. then bathe, and now blogged loh!! Sleeping soon!!

Tml is another busy visitation day!! Oh.. forgot to tell you readers the good news! Able to attend another family reunion dinner tml after the visitation (as always the tradition), due to special reasons! Thanx God!! =).. was initially not able to do so.. so happy =)

ok lah.. tml is another busy day.. and another change of clothes! ha.. machiam like fashion model (as wat my mum said!).. ha.. wat to do? I got a hunky body, and I look good in any clothes! ha.. (see how thick-skin I am?).. ha.. =P

And oh.. my Advance Driving Theory is on Thurs (1/2).. have not really re-studied.. die.. if this time I fail again, I'm not even sure whether will I retake another time.. so ya.. haiz.. I shall let God decide loh!!..

ok lah.. really gtg liaoz.. its getting late! Gosh! Have spend to close to 1.5 hrs on this blog!

not even sure whether will blog tml.. maybe not lah.. becos by the time I'm back frm the reunion dinner, I'll be half-dead and need to wake up early for my mounting duty day on Wed (31/1).. so ya.. see how first lah hor =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 262 DAYS to ORD!!

A sentimental guy,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: