"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Truly Singnet, Truly Broadband!

Well ppl.. its official! I'm on WIRELESS! And yes.. I'm happy.. In fact, very happy! Not only I'm happy for my wireless connection, but also becos the computer is now in my room! In fact, I'm blogging in my room right now! This is so cool! Ok.. no words can express my happiness rite now! I'm juz happy lah.. ok.. I shall stop =P

Yesterday's duty was one of the slackest duty I've done in Eastern Gate so far.. not becos its lesser duties.. but I wld think its becos of the arrangement of the duties by my sgt.. so ya.. of course, am still tired lah.. becos' I got a shock in the morning..
Originally was supposed to do a jeep duty at Eastern Gate at 0700-0900.. but then, I woke up like 0640 becos' need to eat breakfast and stuff before doing duty.. but then, my sgt got a call frm Main Guardroom tat they dun have enuf ppl doing duty.. so my sgt has to call one of us to go back to Guardroom.. and initially, it was not me and I was not hoping for my sgt to call me, becos' going back to Main Guardroom means more shiong duties.. anyway, my worse nightmare came true and my sgt called my name to go back.. Initially it wasnt me but the person was off duty like 30 mins ago.. so I juz went back to Main Guardroom for my duties loh..
When I went there, one of my sgt asked me stuff and I told him my past duties at Eastern the day before.. in the end, he told me my duty was on "standby".. haiz.. But anyway, I'm mobilised and went to do CCTV instead, where if the sgts were out on duty, then I wld be the one who handles anything tat is urgent (like pick up calls tat were diverted to the room, as well as do loads of other stuff!).. so in other words, having 1 person in tat room is simply chaotic lah! haiz.. but still manage to do it in the end!
Then at 0830, my officer called me to do my last duty (ie, opening up a bit which is abt 500m away frm where I am, and I muz walk to tat place) at 0900, which is a bit of the far! But no choice.. I can't reject.. even my sgt asked me why am I doing it instead of the mounting shift, becos rightfully, it shld be their duty! haix.. no choice.. officer open mouth, I muz follow.. haix.. =(
Anyway, when I mounted duty yesterday, half the time, I'm thinking abt my computer at home! No doubt tat there are ppl for me to "play" with (ppl like Andrew & Nat, pls. dun think otherwise! Naughty, naughty!).. but duty was still boring for me! Moreover, its a public holiday and I shld be out there in the civilian world enjoying, but there was I in camp yesterday doing duty.. haix..

At dismounting, I spoke to my sgt regarding abt my P1 during the CNY period.. Apparently, I shld be on standby on the 2nd day of CNY (301006), but becos I wanted to change my P1,therefore, I decide to change with an Indian friend of mine.. but then again, when I told my sgt abt this, he said tat there wld be changes in my P1 (which is to say tat my grp on tat day dun need to do P1.. he told me dun need to care who do P1.. he juz tells me tat my grp need not do.. so ya.. so thank God lah! But hope in the end wont kenna play out loh!
However, I've got a feeling tat if I wont be going to church for the WHOLE mth of January, becos its either I'm busy in camp serving P1 or doing duty.. haix.. so you koe wat this means? It means tat I wont get to see my bros in church for 1 solid mth! =( Even this sat (140106), I dun even koe whether I'll be able to attend church, becos there is a fairly high chance tat I'll be mobilised!! haix.. Its really sad & disappointing to not being able to see my bros in church for 1 whole solid mth! haix..
This wk, my bro, Andrew, leading worship. Was supposed to play the piano for him, but after receiving news tat I may be mobilised, I'm not sure whether I'll be at church or wld I be mobilised until juz in time to reach church for Youth Service? I dun koe!! I'm leaving it to God!! =)

After finishing duty today, went for a haircut! Its super comfortable after a haircut! Surprisingly, the haircut still costs me $8.. it did NOT increase a dollar yet! so ya.. For those of you who didnt koe, its during the CNY period, tat Malay barbers will increase a dollar in their haircut prices. These Malay barabers really koe how to make money!
Anyway, decide to cut my hair primarily is becos my hair is super long & I can't stand long hair.. so muyz cut loh!! And also becos of CNY lah, so muz cut loh!!

Oh.. I heard frm my camp mate tat I'll be getting my advance pay of $520 on 280106 for the period of 100206-100306 (ie, my Feb pay!).. so if this is ture, then for Feb, I wld so called NOT be awarded any pay loh! Dun koe whether to be sad or hapy loh.. haix..

Then in the afternoon, called up my insurance company to ask them abt my insurance rebate which is supposed to come either last mth or this mth! And surprisingly, I dun need to say anything, the person who picked up the call actually knew wat I wanted! And the person said its credited at the end of the mth! so ya.. juz hope wat they say is true loh.. or I'm going to learn frm Tjow and exercise my consumer rights .. muhahaha..

After cutting my hair, went home.. Lunch was Mac.. its been a long while since I've eaten Mac.. I wld think tat I'm addicted to Mac liaoz.. becos the craving of Mac juz keeps linger in my mind.. I wld think its the fries! Apparently almost every duty, my camp mate wld call Mac Delivery.. so seeing them eat is tempting! haix.. anyway, ate the NEW McSpicy.. and fwah! It was really spicy! Moreover, I add chilli sauce.. ha.. its hot, hot and hot!!!
When I reach home, had lunch, bathe and transfer the com frm my sis rm to my room ALL by myself! Did all the re-wiring frm the start (Phew! tat was a hard job.. especially I'm allergic to dust.. so my nose was itchy all along, and tat is super irritating!).. it was certainly a hard job sia, for a computer hardware illiterate like me! I was practically try to remove as little wires frm my CPU as possible, so as to aviod confusion! So when I started to remove one, I wld remember the placement of the wire in order to ensure tat it worked well! And thank God, everything went on well and everything working fine and dandy now! =)

Then I got a after shock.. can't access to internet.. called up my computer technician again.. initially, he cant think of any problems! but then, after dun koe wat he do, he juz meddle with something, and call someone for an IP address, and tata! he's done! and my internet worked on juz fine! =).. Thank God!!

Ok.. I think this blogpost is long enuf.. so I shall end here for your eyes to rest, whilst I shall enjoy the wireless and computer facility in my room! Yeh!!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 280 DAYS to ORD!!

Wireless makes me on cloud 9,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: