"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, January 23, 2006

Shopping AGAIN !!!

Well.. its been 2 days since I've blogged! So here is a brief update of wat happened during the 2 days..

21 Jan 2006 (Saturday)

Church worship was good! Really good!! Shiok is the word! Ha.. Probably this time I find it good is becos' of all the songs I koe, and its not those songs which is those ulu ulu one which I dun koe.. and best still, all moderate/slow songs.. my forte of playing the piano is in slow songs.. so ya.. really enjoyed it a lot.. and then my bro, Andrew, played the drums for the whole worship! Power! Way to go bro!! Yap's bass guitar were cool and Mok's acoustic guitar strumming was the usual! Power! And then all of us were backing up! As usual, I sang the tenor part (which is a part higher than the original melody).. so most of the time, the songs sounded nice and harmonised! But the weird thing is tat all 4 of us (Yap, Mok, Andrew & myself) ALL sound the same! The soundman can't differentiate who is who on the microphone, so adjusting each volume during the worship session is a bit the difficult! Ha.. well.. I say again.. the worship was SHIOK!!
**Advice: Mok, pls. choose these type of oldies! or at least have only 1 new song in the worship set.. this helps the congregation to worship better as they are familiarise with the songs =).. so ya.. =).. hint hint to andrew too.. ya koe wat to do to achieve a shiok worship rite? ha ;)

After church, it was raining cats and dogs! And therefore, there was a bit of a restrain in where to eat dinner.. As a result, ppl were undecisive whether Meridian or Cuppage wld be a better place to have dinner.. some want to have Meridian whilst some want to have Cuppage.. so eventually, the decision made (which I'm sure it was an unhapppy one for some) was shown in the face of a certain member in GJ (shall not state the person name, in order to protect the identity of the person!)

Then followed my usual bros (Andrew, Nat & Ash) to eat dinner @ Cuppage Terrace. After much prowling round the foodcourt of wat to eat, I chose Pork Rib Rice (which only costs me $4, and comes with a FREE bowl of Hot & Sour Soup!.. and for an additional $0.50, you can get a egg! and tats wat I did!).. the dinner was power.. and then its dessert time.. a bit of the expensive, but ok..

Ate the same dessert as Nat, Durian Ice Kachang.. and believe u me.. he can make a BHB statement out of the comment I said regarding the sweetness of the ice kachang (which I find is super sweet becos the dessert lady apparently puts too much colored syrup on the dessert!).. and I juz make a comment to Nat tat "its so sweet.. so sweet".. and Nat replied, "thank you!".. my goodness.. see how BHB can Nat gets..

Then I asked him how come he is so BHB nowadays.. he said tat its only recently then he become so BHB!.. and he said he dun koe y.. and then I told him tat he loved to see gals in his JC "exlaimed in horror!".. and then Nat juz broke into laughter again but seriously speaking, he actually agreed wat I said! Haiz.. typical "Nat-ish" nature! ha.. =)

Then after which, took cab to camp and cab was so darn hard to flag down.. need to wait for close to 10 mins before an available cab arrived! Hopped on the cab and all the way on the cab, the cab driver told me many stories.. our conversation was quite interesting lah.. thru'out the cab ride, I wanted to ask him whether is he a Christian! But I didn't in the end lah.. so ya.. But this taxi driver is one of the most courteous cab driver I've seen so far! He was soft-spoken and he waved a goodbye to me before he left! See.. these kind of taxt drivers where to find? =)

Went back bunk and on the way during walking, the same friend who gave me a lift frm the main gate to my bunk last wk, did the same loh.. he gave me a lift in his car! Am so grateful lah!! Bathe and then by 2330, I was fast asleep..

22 Jan 2006 (Sunday)

A surprise awaits at tat morning! I suddenly saw one of my ex-sgt (who was frm GOH) who was being T-loaned frm another shift, and he came and mounted duty with us! Becos' one of my other sgt was on leave and another is in hospital.. so ya..

And when we went to the restroom, the restroom was filled with new cement which was being laid on the floor! So we had to let it dry.. so becos we reached there in the morning at 0900 and we can only go back into the restroom at 1200, therefore, we rested in an air-con room (which is actually for my sgt and officer) instead until it was time for us to move back.. so in a sense, we "earn" loh =).. the air-con was so shiok tat once everyone lie down, almost can fall asleep liaoz!

Then the worst thing happen.. when I was abt to sleep, my sgt called me to do a foot prowl and I no choice have to do it.. and then after tat, straight go for 2hr duty..

My 2hr duty fortunately is a table pass changing duty.. and apparently, some things happened inside and I had to settle it.. and I really trusted my gut feelings in solving the problem (which actually initially got my officer very worked up becos of the situation and the table guy who was b4 me).. but I wld think its NOT my gut feeling! Its the Holy Spirit tats helping me lah =).. so tat matter took me 1 solid hr to solve it lah! so ya..

Then came back to the air-con place to slack and eat lunch.. then to cut the long story short, we moved back to the restroom and becos my nxt duty was at 2300, therefore I got loads of time to sleep.. so was asleep by 1500 in the newly-cemented restroom.. and at 1700, my sgt call me to wake up and do drill.. haiz..

So woke up and do drill.. but had to wait for close to 30 mins, before the drill starts! So by the time I packed up the place and return the stores and stuff (and not mentioning tat I also took over duty frm my friend a while becos he wanted to eat dinner), its already abt an hour past since I started to wake up and do drill!

So my duty yesterday was actually abt 7hrs.. and this is considered slack liaoz.. but dun koe why still feel tired!

22 Jan 2006 (Monday)

Yes! Despite my tiredness frm duty, I went shopping today (becos' my rebate for my insurance come in liaoz!! Yeh!! I'm gonna cancel my insurance soon! dun want to waste the $16 every mth!).. Whenever I did shopping, I feel so so happy! Wat I bought is all said in the photo on the left! I bought items 3 & 4! Went to Bugis Junction and got it!

Item 3 was inspired by my buddy, Joshua Gouw.. saw he wore it on Sat to church.. look very good.. and I tot I shld get one myself too! So there I was.. went to the Adidas store and got the socks..

Then I proceed to 77th Street and got Item no. 4! Not bad rite? Dun like those tribal design choker! Look so satanic! so ya..

Then came home, had dinner (which never taste so good before, becos probably I ate too much camp food and had not had home-cooked food for a long time!), took photos of my clothing (or u cld say my CNY 2006 fashion) and then on the com, and I spent close to an hour using 3 programs (Adobe Photoshop, Picasa 2 & Microsoft PowerPoint) and loads of time adjusting, in order to perfecto it! And viola! After 1 hr, finally its done and now, being posted into this blogpost! =)

This is not all tat I'll be wearing for CNY 2006! There are others too.. however, I did not take photos of it, becos they are somewat "old" goods (ie, wore b4).. so ya.. but its still relatively new becos I bought it late last yr! So ya..

Then was offline for a while, becos my computer technician came to do something with my router! Long story.. dun want and lazy to elaborate.. so ya.. but anyway, after 1 hr, my internet connection was up again (with all the wiring done by myself and my computer technician juz help me to plug in).. so ya.. thank God its working perfectly loh!

After re-wiring the plugs and stuff, and now, a bit the "seh" liaoz.. need to sleep soon becos waking up at 0530 tml morning!

As CNY 2006 drawing closer, the more excited I am.. becos can wear new clothes! haha.. behaving like a child rite.. I dun care! this is my blog, so I can write watever I want! ha..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 268 DAYS to ORD!!

CNY shopping is fun,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: