"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A series of events!

Man.. this blog is so gonna be long! So u better prepare to read my blog for 10 mins? ha.. hope it wld not take up much of ur time lah =)

My Family Chalet @ Changi Beach Club, Singapore

First stop, a brief account of what happened in my family chalet, happening on 23/12/05 - 26/12/05 @ Changi Beach Club, Singapore!
It was an enjoyable time.. and especially with now I have a camera, it makes life more fun (becos' can take photo mah!).. hahaz.. So this section is definately more photos than words (or at least a balance?).. In here, are only a selective few photos.. For the full range of photos, pls. visit, Photo Gallery > My Family Events > My Family Chalet (2005) Photos! Thanx.. so here goes..

This photo here is a taken shot at Changi Broadwalk! It was my sis and I went to the chalet first, becos' my dad is working (and will only join us 2 days later), and my mum is babysitting.. so yupz..
Anyway, the check-in timing was 1400.. but then my aunty told us tat check-in was 1200.. so we dragged a bit and took a cab there (with ALL my family baggages and loads of other stuff.. not forgetting my Christmas presents for my Youth in Generation Joshua), and when we reached there, it was 1300! So after check with the staff there, we then know tat the check-in timing was 1400! So we had to wait for 1 hr before checking in! So anyway, we ate our packet lunch (which was Nasi Lemak.. Yummy!) and then my sis suggested since we got nothing to do, so let's take pics.. so ya.. this is one of the sibling pics we took! Isn't this sweet! Ha.. =P.. Btw, I was WITHOUT my specs, so tat explains why my eyes were so small =)

Of course, what wld be chalet without swimming? Ha.. so decide to go for a swim.. one to fulfill my all-time sport crave, swimming! And also to lose some calories before I binge on Christmas stuff lah! Ha.. So ya.. Anyway, this is it loh! With a camera of course, how can I miss such a moment of me TOPLESS? People! Yes! I went topless for this pic! Ha.. man.. I think I'm obsessed with my body liaoz! Muz go to gym and tone more! Then I will be a hunk! Ha.. Ok.. shall stop! I sound like a metrosexual? Ha.. Probably I am or I'm juz body-conscious? I dun koe.. its up to you to decide ya? But anyway, out of many topless pics, this is my fave pic.. so gals, drool on this huh (see how thick-skin can I be?).. ha.. ok.. shall stop!

Ok.. this is another of my swimming pic.. this time, I took it with shirt on.. but then again, this is sleeveless! So ya.. Man.. muz get more sleeveless shirts.. to flaunt my biceps? ha.. =P

This is a puppy Golden Retriever. Took this pic with my Nokia 6230 @ Pet Safari @ Simei Shopping Centre! My aunty came to meet us and wanted to buy sumthing for her dog.. so we went there for lunch and afterwards, went to go and walk walk the place for a while! And then, when I saw the dogs, I cldn't resist.. and I start whinning like this dog is so cute and stuff.. and I think I got a little irritated and dun sound so macho.. so I decided to stop and take a photo! Anyway, this dog is cute rite? ya.. but the price is not cute! Believe it or not.. this is an australian breed dog, so this fellow costs a whipping $1880! *Drops jaw*

Christmas Service @ OCC!

Man.. this is one of the best Christmas service I've attended so far in my life! There are company of friends in church, as well as great food.. and not forgetting the presents! They are so good! Thanx to the ppl who gave me the presents! They are greatly appreciated!

People who dun give me presents, dun worry! Its the tot tat counts! This yr never give nvm loh.. there is always next yr =P.. ha..

Well.. recently receive this weblink abt Christmas.. here it is.. copy and paste the link into ur browser, and on ur speakers to listen! Btw, its in hokkien and its funny! So go ahead ya.. the link is as follows:
http://www.syfc.org.sg/christmas05/hokkien.htm

Ok.. so here are some of the pics and probably some explanation..
(PS: For the full range of photos, pls. visit, Photo Gallery > Church (OCC/HCC/GJ) Events > Christmas Celebrations 2005 @ OCC Photos!)

Group cuddling up for a pose (Its Joshua Gouw, Alvin & myself!).. dun we look like err.. F3? ha.. =P

Ahh.. this is a photo of Andrew & me! He is one of my best bros in OCC! We share a common goal, interest and other stuff (except probably music taste and durian!).. but other than tat, we are best bros! So here's to our long-lasting brotherhood! Cheers!

Man.. there is a story behind this pic.. Apparently, after Tjow & Claudia had taken their couple photo, I had a weird idea.. and tat is asking Tjow to hug Joshua Gouw and take photo! Of course, Joshua Gouw resisted.. so Tjow, Alvin & me had to hold him still and surround him.. so therefore, it explains why 3 guys were surrounding him.. ha.. betcha u didnt koe the story when I first told ya rite? =)

Aww.. the couple pose for a photo! So sweet rite.. ha.. this pic can melt hearts loh! In fact, it has already melted mine.. have u? (FYI: If u need to koe who this couple is, its Tjow & Claudia!)







Well.. well.. the famous Kawaii-neh pose pic tat OCC ppl (esp. the guys) like to do.. I dun koe why, but its scary! Ha.. anyway, all these in the name of fun! If I'm not wrong, this pose originated frm my buddy, Alvin.. and since then, its been a pose tat the members in Generation Joshua uses! Ha.. How's that?
Anyway, the photographer for this photo is Xinyi.. she was like ok.. first pic, we did a pose.. then she said, 2nd pose, and then we pose.. then she said 3rd pose, and then we pose.. then she said 4th pose, and then I came up with the idea of kawaii-neh.. and surprisingly, the guys were all game for it.. and u shld have seen the look on Alvin face! He was so so excited! ha.. so we all pose for the camera, and there pop out this shot! Not bad huh =)

Well.. a group pic of the Generation Joshua members to end of the nite at my pastor's house! Apparently went there for second round of dinner.. so ya.. tat nite really ate a lot loh! =)











My Mum's Birthday Dinner @ The Asian Kitchen, Marina Square Shopping Centre

Actually wanted to eat at another restaurant, which my mum requested.. but then there was a long queue outside tat particular restaurant.. So in the end, we have changed location, and off we went to The Asian Kitchen restaurant!

The menu for the restaurant! Cool rite? The original name for this restaurant was Vietai (which literally means tat they serve both Vietnam & Taiwan food).. which explains why there is a mix of dishes in the menu!

-The Beef Brisket Soup-
This soup is perfect! But then a commend frm the *ahem* food guru is tat the beef taste is not strong enuf! But one thing win it hands down is besides the mix of cow's inerts (like stomach, tendons) and beef meat, its also the uniqueness of the soup, whereby they serve u raw beansprouts (as a condiment in the soup!) and quarter of the big lime (which is for you to squeeze into the soup.. so as to give it a slightly sourish taste!)

-The Fresh Rice Paper Rolls-
This is a very typical Vietnam dish! It is like our local 'popiah' except tat it has a twisted ingredient (which is mint leaves).. inside wrapped with white rice, lettuce, carrot, cucumber, and the special ingredient, mint leaves!
Didn't really like the mint leaves, becos it has tat weird taste! My sis and I agreed tat it spoils the dish! But then again, the mint leaves makes the stuff unique!! Oh.. there is also this special sauce (which I believe its sweet sauce, and on the sauce, it has some crushed peanuts!).. so you are suppose to dip the rolls into the sauce and eat! so ya.. I like the sauce and the rolls, but not the mint leaves! Yucks! So becos of this mint leaves, I wld give the dish a rating of 3 out of 5 stars!

-The Black Pepper Garlic Beef-
This beef dish is quite a nice dish.. Though its not tat perfect, but then its edible lah.. but I wld prefer the taste of black pepper to be stronger though! Yupz!

-The Fried Rice With Beef-
This is your normal fried rice with beef! The one thing nice is tat this rice is really cool! The beef is ultra tender, and the rice, though it looks all wet and stuff, but then, it has tat strong beef flavour in the rice, and 1 mouth of it is like so super shiok lah! If you are a beef lover, you can consider this!

The Viet Stew
Ahh.. this is my main course! And yes! I didn't regret!! I trusted my instinct, and I'm glad I did!! The food guru recommendations is always the best! ha.. Anyway, yes.. if u look at the dish carefully, its actually your typical beef stew.. except tat it has chilli oil in it.. so it gives tat spicy taste! Shiok I tell you!

-The Mango Sago-
Oh man! This dessert is to die for!! I'm serious! 1 mouth of it will bring you to heaven! Its actually chunks of mango being blended with a little crushed ice and a bit of sugar syrup.. all blended together to form a pasty texture of mango! And on top of the dessert, a little of coconut milk is being drizzled.. and to end it all, a spoonful of sago is placed on top! Man.. I must stressed tat this desssert is so so so nice! Mango lovers, you wld definately love this! =)

-The Deep-Fried Ice-Cream-
This is ur typical Japanese style fried ice-cream! I muz admit tat I've never eaten one before, so I dun really koe the taste of the deep-fried ice-cream.. but then, I initially tot tat this is a good alternative.. but then I was wrong! The "skin" was too hard and thick! And the ice-cream of all flavours had to be coconut! haiz.. =(.. but if you game enuf to try, then go ahead loh! For this dessert, I wld give a rating of 2 out of 5 stars!

Movie Outing!

Guess wat ppl! I've watched Chronicles of Narnia! And its worth my every cent! Fantasy story lovers, this is a movie which you must watch! Its quite a heart-warming story I muz say! =)

Well.. this is somewhat a last minute thing! This thing was only planned last nite! So ya.. so after I went home after my mum's birthday dinner, I went online to view the timings for the movie! And my movie kakki, Ben, said he wanted to watch between 1400-1500 shows.. so initially wanted to book GV Plaza, but then no good seats.. so in the end, settled for GV Marina instead!

And I tell you.. this outing gave me a shock of my life today! I was as kan cheong as a spider today! Here's wat happen..
Met up with Ben like at 1440 initially.. but then I was too held up with this blogpost (as in typing and stuff).. so by the time I finished bathing (had a stomachache in between!.. ok.. too much details!!), it was like 1410 liaoz.. went down and waited for bus 133 to come, and it came only like 1415! Then bus travel at a reasonable speed.. but once at Lavander (where Immigration office is), it started to jam! My heart started pumping fast and I prayed fervently, hoping tat the GV dun give me a last minute shock tat they cancel my tix bookings! So ya..
Just nice, reach Suntec City bus-stop at 1500.. and I tell you.. I rush like mad.. in fact, I ran initially to the escalator and then walk super fast, till the pt tat my legs got almost numb frm all tat brisk-walking.. its like running speed but I force myself to walk.. so u can imagine how much strain are at my ankles! .. btw, I booked the 1500 show! So tat's why!
As if I was not scared enuf, when I went there, I was shocked to see a long queue buying tix and saw the cinema tix for the show at 1500 were sold out! I was in fear, becos I tot tat this is it! I'm either going to miss part of the show or I'm going to waste my $15 (2 tix of $7 each + $1 bking fee for online buying!)
Thank goodness for Ben, he went to the front counter and ask whether I get priority taking of the tix since I internet booked! And yes! I did.. so I jumped the long queue (abt 20 ppl in front of me!) and juz b4 the counter serve me, the counter shouted those who have internet bkin, queue behind me.. so ya.. was quite honoured lah.. ha..

Then another thing happened in the cinema which really made my whole experience so mad.. this is wat happen..
Went into the cinema and u koe my friend, Ben.. he like keeps talking abt his duty stuff, becos I think he is bored lah.. so he chatted with me for a while.. but all these were BEFORE the movie started! I was tending to ask him to shut up when the movie starts! Juz as seeing the screen tat it has started showing, and even b4 I cld open my mouth to ask Ben to keep quiet and we'll chat later, a lady beside me said to me softly, "Excuse me.. can you stop talking?"..
Then I was like super paiseh already.. I then replied "okok.. sorry!".. but then, I was actually a bit mad! Never in my whole cinema life, whilst watching a show, someone dared to reprimand me like tat!
Then tots started to stream into my mind.. what if I'm a very typical ah-beng or I'm those can flare up easily? If I make a big fuss out of it, wat wld happen? But then, decide to leave it aside.. these trival matters juz treat it like dirt loh!
Then u koe sumthing? The lady (with her child and husband of course) moved 1 seat away frm me.. and guess wat! Her child was talking THRU'OUT the movie; whenever her child ask her a question, she will answer! I was like want to tell her the same thing.. and tat is to shut up! But then again, felt it was not necessary! Didn't want to make a big fuss!
Then when the lights come on after the movie, they left so fast, tat I didn't even seen her face!
This lady is such a B***H! arghh.. (sorry for this word in my blog! didn't mean to do it.. but then I juz have to let it out!)

So ya.. tat was a series of events happening during the days tat I did not blog! ha.. =P.. so happening ya??

Gonna have more happening events this wk.. line up next is a farewell dinner, and probably a countdown on Saturday! so ya.. so readers out there, hope you enjoy this blog as much as I'm typing it? ha..

So many things to do, so little time..,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: