"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, December 03, 2005

My first mounting after my status!

Yesterday was my first duty after my status and what a way to start it!! It was unbelivable!!

Breakfast was good!! It was American breakfast (scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, hash brown and baked beans!).. its been a while since breakfast was this good!

Then after which, John came over and asked me whether I'm able to attend his 21st birthday celebration.. I reluctantly rejected him.. so sad.. imagine ppl 21st birthday you reject.. tat is so sad lah.. =(.. but no choice.. My priority is my family first! Moreover, its like 1900 then he start his dinner, and now, my camp bk in timing is 2330.. like tat where can enjoy to the fullest? so ya..

Then suddenly a big shocking news came.. and all of us RPs (frm the whole of 2 shifts; both mounting and dismounting) were then and there do wat we do during contingency drills.. the situation was chaotic, and RPs were quickly amd swiftly deployed to handle the situation.. of course, tat includes me!! I was being dep[loyd and at the same time, I ran as fast as I could with my rifle and SBO.. machiam like being in BMT running for my standard obstacle course (SOC).. the situation was quite "tuo-zong" (hokkien for 'big matter').. can't really state wats the matter, as its maybe a confidential thing and I dun wanna breach the rule of revealing military stuff, since these days military stuff is sensitive.. so the above is all tat I wld think I'm allowed to say! But after this whole matter, I was shacked to the core lah.. so then, I went back to restroom and rest while waiting for my detailing of my duty..

Thank goodness, the first 4 hrs of my duty was table duty.. this is exactly wat I did during my reign as an admin personnel (who is on status).. so ya.. so I guess tat I'm more 'zai' in my table duty liaoz.. not tat I'm 'yaya' or anything like tat.. but I feel tat I'm more confident in the table stuff, and the best thing is tat it is getting more and more enjoyable each time I do table duty.. dun koe why.. maybe I hv a trait of a Public Relations Officer.. ha.. =P

But as time passes, I was feleing very fatigue and sleepy during the duty.. my legs were aching and almost at the stage where my legs got numb.. its tat bad lah!! but thank goodness, it did not last long.. the crowd and 'business' subside with time loh..

Went for abt a 3 hr sleep, before I was awakened by the slightly noisy newly transferees shift memebers frm shift 2.. he was talking a bit too loudly, and it doesn't help tat I'm slightly conscious.. so ya.. *frowns*

Went for foot prowl and did a 2 hr armed duty and a 2 hr table duty.. to pass the 2 long hrs as an armed personnel, chatted with my shift mate, Anli, abt stuff.. we chatted things tat are general and he gave me some tips of how to tackle a problem tat has been bugging me all these while.. so thank you Anli!!

Then, its back to the table and then do duty in an air-con environment for 2 hrs! For the hwole time I've been at the table (ie, since morning when I did table duty), the officer for shift 3 (whose name is 2LT Isaiah Low) has been inside typing sumthing or he doing other stuff.. and the whole time, I find him a nice guy lah.. a quiet fellow who looks quite strict at first, but after some minor interaction with him, I find him to be a nice guy.. At one time, I asked my sgt which JC he is frm (he is one yr younger than me!), and my sgt said RJC (Raffles Junior College).. and I said RI (Raffles Institution) muz be his secondary school, and my sgt said yes! Fwah!! Didnt koe this officer is so brainy! ha.. but he's a really nice guy lah..

My current shift officer dismounted yesterdat and he is on off for 2 days (inclusive yesterday), becos he mounted 48hrs straight, becos of the lack of officers.. so ya.. so its 2 officers rotating among themselves lah.. quite poor thing lah.. so anyway, during the rotation, we wld meet more of this 2LT Isaiah Low guy.. so ya.. hope to koe him more! Always wanted to ask him whether he's Christian, becos I wld think tat only a Christian wld give their children or sumthing a name like 'Isaiah'!! You wld seldom see those non-Christian give their son this name.. so ya.. will find out more frm my friend who is in his shift.. see whether can source anything out frm him.. ha.. *gossip*

But even though I got an air-con duty for 2 hrs, but then I miss my show, "Tong Xin Yuan".. this chinese serial I have been following very closely on weekdays, is ending its serial soon.. and today happened to be the 2nd last episode.. but then I can't watch it =(.. no one wants to switch duty with me.. so sad =(.. but thank God for technology and my small intelligence.. tat I pre-set to record the show on my VCR yesterday!! ha.. so I can watch it over the wkend or sumthing! Yippie!

Then did a gate duty during the wee hrs of the morning (0500-0700), and then went back to the restroom and sleep until dismount!

Dismount came back to home.. on my computer for a while, and then log on to internet, and ta-ta.. I'm connected to the internet and now doing this blogpost!!

Going to church later for service.. wohohoh.. been missing hcurch and the youths' company.. wonder wat night activities they are hving tml.. hmm.. anyway, its my bro, Andrew, leadinf worshi ptml.. so ya.. so excited to see him lead sia! Never play for him b4.. ha.. so ya.. hope he does well for His glory loh!!

Will blog more either toniteor wat regarding my night activities lah.. so in the meantime, will log off net and bathe and get ready to leave for church! Wohoho..

And did I mention tat I have a long weekend and only book in on Sunday night? Shiok rite =) ok.. gtg liaoz..

Happy fellow,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: