"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, December 04, 2005

The BIG news!

Well.. a couple of BIG news to update you all.. Anyway, read on to find out more!

After I bathe and ate my lunch (at the same time, watch the recorded version of "Tong Xin Yuan" which I've missed the latest episode becos I was on duty!), I went out to Heeren to shop for Christmas presents! But trust you me!! I like shop the whole Heeren, and there is NOTHING special to be given as a Christmas present! So saw it was running late.. therefore, I made my way to church for church practice..

When I reached there, I tot I was late.. but it turned out in a such a way tt I'm actually the first to arrive, besides Andrew lah..

Then the practice goes on juz fine, of course no piano for me again.. this time not I late.. but then their service time is the same.. so ya.. played by feel in service itself..

Service started and the worship was quite above average, as it ends on a high note! Kudos to you Andrew for being Spirit-led! Felt tat the songs chosen coincide with the sermon topic today! =)

Sermon today at church really spoke to each and every Youth in Generation Joshua (with me being no exception!)..The sermon was indeed very tough one to bear, but nevertheless, I wld try my best to follow wat was preached today though it is tough!

Juz then before the sermon starts, I finally tot of an idea.. I currently got 3 offs to clear.. so after much consideration and discussion with my officer (I actually sent him a msg tats 5 msg long!), he gave me the green light of attending the Youth Camp 2005 with of course, offs and leave being applied! Yippie!! =).. Well.. when I sent the msg over to my officer, I believe tat my 3 off were for a reason.. never did I expect it to use for Church Camp!

Actually wanted to like before I sent the msg to my officer, I committed this whole matter to God.. I prayed a simple prayer tat if its His Will for me to attend the Youth Camp, let NOTHING be a barrier! And Amen! Nothing was a barrier! Everything was smooth-going!!

So when I told my bros, Andrew, Nat & Ash, tat I was going to Youth camp, they were elated lah! You shld have see the look on Andrew's face!! Can see tat he is super happy! ha.. I wonder!!
In the afternoon, Jeslyn juz asked me whether I'm able to attend Youth Camp and I said no.. but when I gave her the form, hohoho.. she was happy and surprised lah!! =)
This is indeed a MIRACLE!! All glory to God!!

Then went over to Cuppage Foodcourt to eat dinner and I ate some Hakka Yong Tau Foo Soup.. Carlise recommended me to eat it becos she said she always see my parents eating it.. so I tot tat it was nice.. but after eating it, its not so nice after all!! Quite horrible and bland actually!

After tat, I attended the Music and Sound mtg, conducted by my Pastor and my Pastor's wife! My Pastor's wife was the Worship Coordinator.. so ya.. tats why she chaired the meeting!

A lot of stuff was said.. but thru'out the mtg, one thing was said by my Pastor's wife which was quite discouraging, but I koe its for the good of the church as well as for my spritual well-being!

Remember last time I mentioned to you all tat I'm proposing to be a worship leader in church? Ahh.. the verdict came out today during the mtg! Out of so many ppl, my pastor's wife juz spoke her mind.. was a bit embarassed lah.. it was not like among youths only, but with quite a few others frm the adult congregation.. felt quite strange lah..
Anyway, my verdict was I CAN'T be a worship leader juz as yet.. reason being is tat I'm still in NS and simply sometimes do not have the time to seek the Lord for wat songs to sing and stuff.. which is actually the correct thing to be done by the worship leader each week!.. but then, when I'm in NS, I wld not be able to fulfill this.. so therefore, she said tat I wld only be a worship leader ONCE I ORD.. and tat is like 10 mths lah..
When I first heard the verdict, I tell you.. my heard was like being broken to thousand pieces.. I had this feeling inside me tat my world was crumbling down and stuff.. but of course, not at the verge of crying lah.. but instead, I felt more embarassed, becos' she is like announcing this to the other members who did not koe my proposed situation as a worship leader.. so ya..

Well.. guess tat I have to wait till then lah.. but in the meantime, I still can do my part in serving Him by playing the keyboard for Him during service wat.. so its not so bad after ahh! haiz..

After the mtg, Andrew actually somehow consoled me over the issue lah.. so ya.. thanx bro! No worries.. I won't like do stupid stuff like committing suicide or attending church!! I wld still be the same Abriel! =)

Then, all were scattered.. and ppl were having their own nite activities.. so its like a grp of us after the Worship and Sound mtg, were juz being scattered.. in the end, a grp of us (han loong, nat, ash, andrew, alvin and myself) first want to go to TCC for some coffee and chat.. but then no place.. so I suggested Starbucks at PS, then they scold me siao! So in the end, we settle for Coffee Bean..

As you koe me lah.. I'm those type who likes to try out for new beverages.. so I tried their new drink, "Peppermint Mocha Ice Blended".. and wats my verdict? PERFECT!! It has quite a stong taste of Peppermint, and with the Mocha Ice Blend, it is simply heavenly! It has a similar taste as Peppermint Chip Ice Cream.. so if you like Peppermint Chip Ice-cream, then this is the drink for you! Moreover, it is served with a mini peppermint candy-stick.. so this adds more flavour into it lah! Isn't this interesting? You simply muz try out this new drink frm Coffee Bean! Its a die die must try rating frm the food guru himself! =).. cost is only $6 per cup.. cheap and good! =).. so I dun care.. you all muz go and try ah.. ha.. =)

Oh.. at the coffee bean counter, the first 4 of the clique tat went to coffee bean were all 'A'.. first, it was Andrew, then me (which is Abriel), then Ash, then Alvin.. and surprisingly, all of us put the same initial, A, on our cups.. Andrew was the exception! His is 'AL'.. haiz.. so its like Alvin make a joke saying the instead of F4, we got A4 or 4 A's.. ha.. =)

So in the end, I let everyone try, and in the end, han loong bought the same drink as me, becos he said it was nice! so ya.. then Nat was the only one without a drink.. actually he keh siao.. dun want to spend money.. juz want to live on other ppl's drink.. ha.. tats Nat for you! ha..

So during the coffee session, we chatted lah.. cracked jokes here and there and shared some real funny moments tat we each had! so ya.. had a great time though! At one time, we were talking abt Andrew's Youth Camp prelude message (since he is the Youth Camp Commander).. and somehow, it led to the conversation of our school mottos! So coincidentally, Andrew & Ash had the same school motto! so ya.. then we were making jokes out of our school mottos and stuff lah..

Coffee Bean is closing soon and they somehow chase us out lah, by telling us tat they are closing in like 10 mins time.. so ya.. we got our butts moving and then we went home..

Walk to PS to take NEL with Alvin.. Alvin not going home.. he watching 'Chicken Little' with his family at midnight.. so ya.. chatted along with him along the way.. so ya.. Hey bro! Tnx 4 hearing my woes! ha.. your listening ear is very much appreciated! =)

Then came home, on my computer, log on to internet and now on this blog!

Oh.. need to sleep liaoz.. its getting late! Gonna wake up early for family activities tml! gotta wake up bright and early!! haiz..

Oh.. bking in tml nite.. so ya.. at least can spend some family time with family!! =).. oh.. tml got shopping again! Yey! Shop for my mum's babysitting children present.. so ya.. I think at the same time, I do a bit of my Christmas shopping too! =).. see how lah..

ok.. really gtg liaoz! Ciaoz ppl!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 320 DAYS to ORD!!

2330. Sembawang Air Base.

"There can be MIRACLES when you BELIEVE",
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: