"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Day I Experience Failure!

Once again ppl, I'm disappointed! I've FAILED my Final Theory Driving Test (FTT)! Haiz..

I dun koe whether its becos I never study or sumthing.. but apparently, I've like studied! I studied the whole of this morning (of course again I slept, but for only 30 mins! Slept at 0130 last nite!)..

Then I got so lazy, but I still force myself to glance thru the textbook.. then, its time for me to eat lunch and go..

Reached there like got extra 20 mins, and so I studied again! Then went up for trial test! When went there, I got a shock of my life.. almost cldn't login and wasted my $5.25!! But fortunately, I wrote my passwords and stuff in my exercise bk (which I called my mum to help me find out!).. my mum referred then she told me and I was able to do the e-trial test!

When the results of the e-trial test came out, I failed.. I obtain 80%.. haiz.. so then seeing the time was still early, I attempted another time.. but then to my dismay, it was the same set of qns.. haiz.. tot can have more practice.. so the 2nd time, I obtained 98% and I passed..

And frankly speaking, whilst waiting for the e-trial test to start, I began to feel butterflies in my stomach.. as if it was the real thing! But the surprising thing is tat once I entered the e-trial test hall, everything seems to be back to normal! Then when I went for the main test, again when outside waiting for our turn to go in, I was feeling a little bit nervous.. but then once I started the test, time seem to be on my side (ie, didnt expect tat time passes so slow! or maybe I was fast?) and also the nervousness seems to fade off.. I dun feel so cold after all.. believe tat ur prayers help! =)

Then it was doing the test until the point where I even check the answers another time b4 I end the test.. and everything seems to be so perfect.. though some of my answers I'm not sure, I juz anyhow hantam lah.. hoping tat I got correct! but haiz.. when I see the word, FAILED, tats it! My whole world suddenly like collapse!

Then after I've booked my 2nd attempt date for my FTT, the first person I call is my bro in camp, Sidney! He picked up the call, and he said the first sentence, "you pass ur test izzit?".. ha.. Thank goodness he said tat and not otherwise, or else, ha.. he is so going to get it frm me! Ha.. I told him how I felt and stuff, and he said he felt worse than me the last time he fail his Basic Theory Test (BTT).. Thanx 4 the comforting word bro! You are much appreciated! =)
Anyway, tml is his another attempt (dun want to say how many! its sensitive!) of his BTT! Hope he pass this time round! All the best bro! Jiayou!! =)

Then thru'out the bus ride and stuff, I feel moody lah.. Comfort SMSes kept pouring into my inbox.. replied them.. but still wasn't my happy self! But then wat my bro, Andrew, send me one SMS which really impacted me.. he said tat, "where is the ever so happy abriel tat I koe?.. Failure is ok.. ppl go thru failures.. if you do your best, God will do the rest!"

When I read tat, I was touched lah =) Thanx bro!

Well.. I dun think I never study or sumthing.. becos' the questions they ask during the test is sometimes very weird.. eg of qn are as follows:

(1) What is used to reduce the risk of neck injury during a collision?
(2) Why do hard steering occur?

The above 2 are the qn tat I remember loh.. dun koe how to answer sia! Izzit use common sense? Or muz have some car engineering knowledge? Or izzit state in the book but I overlooked it? I wld think its something NOT written in the book! Its like common sense! Then this part I lose out! I ask ppl qn (2), and they said they never seen such a qn and worse still, he dun koe the answer even though he's driving! Oh.. the answer is NOT becos no power steering.. if tats the answer, I think I shld koe liaoz.. haiz.. Anyway, no point crying over spilled milk..

Anyway as mentioned earlier, have booked for my 2nd attempt at FTT! Its on 1/2/06 (the 4th day of CNY!).. So ya.. dun plan to study so early.. plan to take a break! Will do my share of studying after the festive season (ie, Christmas & New Year)!! In the meantime, can't wait for the festive seasons to arrive! =)

But then again, thanx 4 the ppl whom I've SMSed for prayer, as well as for the comforting SMSes you've spent on me, namely, Andrew (my all-time bro), Cornelius, Xinyi, Joyce, Carlise, Huimin, Marcus, and probably other ppl who I forgotten to mention! If I didn't mention you, its NOT tat you're not important or I'm not grateful! Its juz tat I got STM (Short Term Memory).. have received lots of comfort SMSes.. thanx ppl! You're the best! =)

Ok lah.. gtg and do other stuff liaoz! Got loads of stuff to settle today again! Cya ppl ard! =)

Am I a failure?,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: