"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, November 06, 2005

What A Mounting!

Well.. yesterday's mounting, I was actually detailed to go Eastern once more for my mounting, and of course, I was elated at first!
However, I've got mixed feelings, becos I want to stay with my new found clique in Main Guardroom, so I saw Weiming (who belong to another clique and he hinted to me tat he wanted to go Eastern becos his "clan" is there..).. so without much hesitation, I decided to swop places with him loh!.. so there I was in Main Guardroom while he was in Eastern..

However, I was glad tat I've stayed in Main Guardroom lah.. becos' its juz so fun loh! =).. We had some err.. "fun moments" (will not elaborate.. if you want to koe, come and ask me and I will tell you!!) as a shift in Main Guardroom somewhere happening during the evening!

Then came nightfall, and I was detailed to go to Toranto Guardroom for duty.. This is one place of duty which I didn't want to go initially, becos' tat place doesn't give me proper rest and also the duty there is quite shack, becos' duty wld be frm 2300 and last all the way till 0230 the next morning.. but the tiring part is tat becos' duty starts at 2300, we have to start and move off like at 2230 frm the Main Guardroom, and this time is juz like an hr after staff parade.. so you tell me how to catch a light nap before I start my duty at 2300? Not to mention tat my officer "turned us out" to practice contingency drills at 2130.. so by the time it was done, its already 2215.. like tat where got time to sleep?

I was actually woken up by my friend after 15 mins of sleep, to get ready for contingency drills practice conducted by my officer.. so ya.. there I was and as mentioned above, I did not get any wink of sleep after 2215 loh.. so no choice.. have to "suck thumb" and juz get ready for duty soon at Toranto Guardroom.

Then once the clock strike 2230, we set off for Toranto, and the ppl were Samuel, Ben New, Velu & myself.. Samuel and I got dismountng duty, so we did the first shift of duty frm 2300 - 0200 (by right shld be 0230, but then my sgt said tat becos we had dismounting duty which is quite shiong, therefore he gave us to sleep at 0200 instead of 0230.. so Velu & Ben New had to do a 4 hr duty.. but then, Samuel and I came to a consensus tat we wake them up 0200 instead of 0150 for them to get ready!.. becos' we didnt want to tax them too much even though they did not have any dismounting duty!)

I was so glad tat I did duty with Samuel loh, becos' we simply talk juz anything under the sun (or shld I say the skies and moon.. ha).. and we talk all the way during our duty time, until 0200 loh!! And surprisingly when I mount duty with him, becos' we kept on talking to each other, we did NOT sleep a wink or felt sleepy during our duty lah.. so tats good!

Well.. can't divulge wat we share to each other, becos some stuff we share with each other is very private in nature, and I dun want to spoil this friendship and trust tat he has in me.. =).. ya.. must be sensitive to other ppl's feelings mah.. how wld u like ppl to tell others wat you told them in private? you dun like rite? so its the same logic here loh =)

But after the conversation, wat I can conclude is tat you cannot judge Samuel by his cover! I really mean literally, a cover! You wld realise tat he is actually a totally different person (in the way he think and look at things) after you hv a heart-to-heart chat with him! I will never look at him the same way again after the chatting session with him yesterday! I'm really serious!! And I'm so ashamed to say tat his mindset/thinking of life is actually much more matured than a 21 yr old me .. and mind you, he is only 19 yrs! Felt so ashamed by this fact loh! =(

So after saying so much, I can say tat yesterday Toranto duty was one of the most enjoyable duties I've done, becos' I've got to koe Samuel a little bit more than I usually do.. and talking to him juz makes your mounting less stressful! =) So ya.. now I think if I ever get a chance to do duty with Samuel again, then I will gladly say yes yes yes!! Mounting and doing duty with him is so so fun and enjoyable! oops.. I think I'm carried away liaoz!

So ya.. as mentioned above, I've got a very good male-bonding session with Samuel yesterday during the Toranto duty lah! =)

Then dismounted today and came home.. had lunch and now, on com with this blogpost.. and at the same time, help Sidney in his Driving Basic Theory Test, which he wld be taking tml! Sidney, gambette!

Which reminds me I have to study my advanced theory soon.. becos' plan to take my advance in December! tats my aim lah.. hope I can fulfill loh.. =)

ok lah.. gtg n bathe.. may go out with family later.. mum not feeling well, but she may still obliged! ha.. me a bad son rite? she sick still call her to go out! Ha.. and I think I'm starting to get under the weather too, becos' I have a cough and a slight sore throat too! sianz!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 347 DAYS to ORD!!

Monday, 0745. Sembawang Air Base.

Male-bonding rox,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: