"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, November 25, 2005

What A Day!

This morning went to camp in like my half-dinner attire.. then becos' last minute dun koe whether to come home first and change before going for my grandma's birthday dinner or wat, then I made a decision there and then to go straight frm camp lah..

So tat decision making process takes quite a while! but the time I bathe finished and stuff, it was a rushing time for me to go down and take bus!.. however, juz as I was abt to reach the bus-stop, I missed the bus.. so I juz have to wait for the nxt one..

By the time I reached AMK, its like 0650 liaoz.. and if I continue to take and wait for bus, I sure late one! So decide to take a cab instead.. and becos of the morning traffic, the cab fare costs me $6.50! A normal cab fare for me at nite is $5.30-$5.70! so ya..

Then in the bunk today.. actually got stand-by area by my new OC, but then I wait and wait and wait, dun have leh! Chey!! Made me clean up the bunk (ALL BY MYSELF!) for nothing! Its so clean tat when the dismounting shift personnel came in, they almost cldn't recognise the bunk! ya.. its tat clean lah!

Then, wanted to like sleep lah.. becos too tired.. but then I kept tossing and turning.. juz was I was abt to sleep, it was time for lunch.. so I had to drag myself to the cookhouse and eat lunch! Thankfully lunch was not bad.. it was western.. but the mashed potatoes were to die for! Its so nice lah! Imagine hot mashed potatoes coupled with gravy and its flowing seamlessly on the pile of mashed potatoes! Yummy! =)

Then went back to bunk and sleep.. but this time, can't sleep! Until like close to 4pm, my sgt came in and call us change to our PT Kit and thereby asking us to go for a short run as a shift! I think this is my PC's initiative lah.. so ya.. so there I did.. then after which, they played soccer whilst I train for my pull-up and standing broad jump (which are my IPPT stations)..

Speaking of IPPT, today I got a shock lah.. so embarassing.. I saw my name so big on the notice board for those personnels who failed their IPPT.. and my name is the FIRST somemore.. becos I'm the only CPL in Shift 1 who failed IPPT! So naturally, becos the name list wld always be in terms of rank first, therefore, my name is up there.. my goodness.. when I saw it, I almost fainted.. almost died of embarassment! Cannot! I muz make a pt to pass my IPPT test.. or else, I dun koe where to put my face! God, pls. help!! =(

At close to 5pm, I like hint to my officer to see whether can let me go early, becos' its like one of my friends left liaoz to go to hospital and see his dad.. so my sgt was so kind.. he said since I got sumthing on, he let me go and ask my friend for a car-pool to the main road (My friend drives.. tats y)..

So I quickly changed and bathe.. put my contact lens on and spray cologne and stuff.. and soon, I was ready to go..

Waited the bus very long to go to Yishun MRT.. but the weird thing is tat I was like on the bus complaining tat my legs were soft and stuff, due to the running.. then suddenly I at Yishun MRT, someone gave free samples of chinese handiplast (commonly known as ko-yok).. man.. God works sia! ha..

Reached Jurong East MRT and whip out my bus guide (initially went to internet and found out wat bus goes to the restaurant where I ate my dinner, and my uncle applauded me for tat, becos he never tot tat internet have such thing! ha.. the powers of internet!)

Then I was like ok.. take bus 51 then at the 6th bus stop, must alight! Then at one pt, I almost miscounted the bus stop.. so I prayed and trust my instinct.. and thank goodness, I stop at the correct stop!

Another hurdle to cross is to find the restaurant! The restaurant is located in International Business Park, and as you koe, the place is so so big.. so finding one restaurant in the whole place is like looking for a needle in a haystack! But anyway, thanx 2 my brains (haha!), I called up the restaurant with my phone (my dad SMS me the address of the restaurant earlier in the week) and ask for directions.. in the end, I had to walk back quite a distance to get to the place.. I totally trust my instinct for this loh! After like 5-10 mins of frantically searching, manage to find it lah! Then my uncle and aunties were there liaoz.. Went to the gents to freshen up.. and then came out, more ppl came.. so I was like eating first lah.. quite hungry due to the run!

Oh.. speaking so much.. forgot to tell you wat is the name of the restaurant.. it is "Penang Place Restaurant" (something like tat lah!).. it is open by a Christian owner, so they dun open on Sun.. which explains why we have to go on a Friday nite instead of a wkend!

The food was ok only lah.. but the fellowship between the memebers of the family was great! Initially, it was a bit "cold".. but then towards the end, ppl start talking to each other and stuff! I as usual try my very best to make some ppl talk, but they juz refuse to open their mouth! ha..

Chatted with my eldest cousin, Shannon, abt his job and stuff.. and also chatted with him abt his NSF days and other stuff.. we had a good time chatting lah..
My other cousin, Sherwyn, I think he is having his combat shoot.. so therefore can't attend the dinner! so ya.. or else, I wld have chatted more loh! =).. with me such a chatterbox, anything is possible! ha.

Photos are already uploaded in Yahoo! Photos.. juz see the link, "Grandma's Birthday Photos!" in my photo gallery column! Photo quality not tat good.. dun koe y.. becos the person who take dun koe how to take lah.. but nevertheless its still a photo.. so ya..

So ya.. my officer allowed me to book in tml for my duty becos' of this birthday dinner tat I have to attend.. so ya.. Thank you Sir!

Now very tired liaoz.. a whole day of activities and also this blogpost.. time for me to sleep and wake up at 0530 tml to go to camp.. sianz ah.. but wat to do? haiz..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 328 DAYS to ORD!!

0745. Sembawang Air Base.

Shacked,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: