"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, November 27, 2005

So "SWAY" lah!

**PS: Before I continue, I wld like to announce tat my prepaid card number is NO more in use! Credits finished and dun wish to renew.. so ya.. In future, pls. revert ur calls and/or send ur SMSes to my permanent line ya.. Thanx for noting! =)

Yesterday duty was in an air-con environment (which is at Main Guardroom).. thank God for tat lah.. However, it has its disadvantages too! Will elaborate more later in my blogpost.. so stay peeled!!

Duty yesterday was not totally 24 hrs.. thank godness my sgt gave me rest in between.. total did 18hrs out of the 24hrs duty lah.. see.. my sgt so good.. ha.. =)

Anyway, yesterday was a bit of a mental torture in my place of duty, becos apparently the Base Duty Officer (BDO) is one of the most particular and fussy Warrant Officer tat I have seen/met so far! Not to mention tat he is the BDO of the day! He first came to my duty place and then started to bombard me with questions tat either I dun koe how to answer them, or never heard before. I tried my very best to answer him, and sometimes where I did not koe the answer, I wld juz try to bluff my way thru by making out stuff, hoping tat he wld believe it.. but eventually, I got "caught in my own act" becos I cld not answer some of the questions tat he posed to me.. man.. I was stupid enuf to 'smoke' a story lah.. haiz.. The whole time he was in my duty place talking to me, I was very scared lah.. becos' I'm afraid tat if I say anything wrong, either my sgt or myself will get into trouble.. so muz be very careful when talking to this kind of particular people, for you dun koe wat they may interpret ur speech into.. so ya.. I guess tat the best strategy to tackle these kind of ppl is to be tactful! So ya..
Then this BDO very weird lah.. becos when he almost wanting to leave my place of duty, he asked whether my officer was in the other room.. I answered yes.. and he was like hurriedly wanting to go off and not wanting to speak to my officer.. dun koe why lah.. maybe he dun want to get into any further trouble or sumthing.. After he left, I informed all the various stations of his presence (juz in case he stunt!).. In the afternoon, one of my shift mates warn me of this BDO for he also kenna scolded the other time by this BDO also becos of a trival matter.. so he warned me tat I muz be very tactful in my speech and try to make no loopholes in my speech.. so ya..

After the BDO left my place of duty, I immediately went to the room where my officer was in, and told him all abt this matter.. my officer was so good.. he said tat if he comes to talk to me again, entertain him for a while and then say tat if he wants to koe anything further than wat I tell him, or I dun koe how to answer him, then call for him and he wld be there to help me answer my questions.. My officer tat good rite? He was also quite mad with the BDO as he "bully" me lah..

Then my friend took over duty frm 1500-1700 and then I slept lah.. then I thought my duty is frm 1700-1900 before taking a break again.. but then, there was some miscommunication in the duty schedule.. so I therefore so call kenna 'jia' lah.. but nevermind.. at least I got my 2 hr rest frm 1500-1700.. so after which, at 1700, I sign out the handing over book and then, went back to restroom and rest frm like 1700-2100.. so ya..

Dinner sux as usual.. becos lunch was not bad (fried rice with chicken wing and sambal fishcake) and therefore dinner sux lah.. but still have to eat wat.. or else I die of hunger!

Currently in my shift, there are like 3 ppl having flu and all 3 of them dun want to go see MO.. one of them (which is Samuel) got his flu so bad tat he lost his appetite.. my goodness.. after probing much, then he told me tat he had not eaten his lunch and dinner.. so practically he felt weak after eating nightsnack (which was apple pie and sugar coated donuts).. I think this time he got serious flu liaoz! If I use my mum's curing method on him, sure he confirm ok one.. but this kind of thing very sensitive.. so better not do it.. Then another one of them was also the youngest in my shift (which is Randy).. he has a runny nose.. poor thing.. Guess he did not have enuf sleep.. becos he kept 'chiong-ing' game and he has been sleeping late nites.. so ya.. this kind of lifestyle sure sick one loh..

Suddenly seeing all these 3 ppl so sick, I felt so bad and pitiful for them.. so sick still muz do duty.. call them to see MO, but then they dun want, becos they dun want to burden other ppl of their duty! So when I felt so pitiful for them, my "fatherly figure nature" starts to exuberate out of me, and machiam I like their parents sia.. At one stage, I asked Randy to come over and I felt his forehead to see whether he got fever.. thankfully no lah.. aiyoh.. of course, I muz care for my younger peers.. they are only like 17-19 yrs old, so I'm like 21 yrs old.. so its like an elder brother looking after the younger ones mah.. so tats wat friends is all abt rite =)

Then slack for a while in the restroom before I got bored and thereby went into the control room to read newspaper.. Just then, my sgt got sumthing to attend to, so he told me to stay inside the control room to mend the systems, whilst he went to do his stuff..

Just then after 10 mins of reading newspapers, there was a knock on the door (and this was unusual, becos usually no one wld knock lah, unless the door is locked.. but the problem is tat the door was not locked! and we all, even other ppl wld juz bash in like tat!!).. anyway, when the door opens, guess who I saw.. the BDO! I got a shock of my life lah, until I almost dropped off my chair and my heart really sank (I really mean literally sank!).. seeing him for the second time in the day! Seeing his face is machiam like seeing a ghost lah! I'm really serious! I'm very horrified to see him lah! Anyway, as usual, he has tat stern look on his face and I asked him whether he is there to do the routine BDO checks.. and he said yes.. so juz then, my sgt came in and then he entertained the BDO.. I actually tot of juz sit down there and carry on reading my newspaper, but then I decide to excuse myself, juz in case he ask me another set of questions which I dun koe how to answer them.. *yeeks!*

Then once back at restroom, I told my friend abt it, and concluded tat in literally terms, tat I'm not so lucky so as to strike 4D or Toto! And I think tat this BDO only aims those ppl who are alone at duty in a place where there are no superiors (be it officers or sgt).. becos I called and asked all stations, and they said tat the BDO never make things difficult for them, neither did he asked them questions (juz like how he asked me).. so ya.. I wld think tat he is aiming me lah (becos I was the only one left who did not have any superior in my place of duty!).. its tat bad lah.. tats why my title in this blogpost is 'sway'.. haiz..

Chatted with Joyce over sms yesterday and found out tat the clique which I always go with, are going to Brewerkz after their pool game.. man.. I juz love Brewerkz.. the drinks and the company.. tat is so great lah! But too bad.. can't attend the party session, becos I do duty at camp mah.. u tell me like tat how to go? And its such a pity lah.. tat I can't join them at Brewerkz yesterday nite, becos Rachel was there too (she delayed her China trip), and I've got so much to catch up with her.. As mentioned last wk, its like a yr since we've met each other, so naturally a lot of things to talk.. with me being the "social butterfly", it sure helps ppl to talk.. ha.. so ya.. such a pity.. hope she enjoyed herself yesterday nite as much as I did the other time where Brewerkz was my first pub experience! =(.. haiz.. I'm now starting to appreciate the outside world when I started NS, especially after I start my shift duty! I'm now taking everything NOT for granted loh!.. everything is so precious.. friends, family, places of interest and even food! Yes food! You wld be surprised at how bad the food is served in army.. its nothing compared to the outside world. haiz.. =(

When dismounting, news has it and its confirmed tat the two 2SG in our shift wld become ASLC (Advanced Section Leader Course) instructors (which is for the sgts-to- be in SBAB, and they are coming for training tml.. ).. so for this, my two 2SG wld be excused for 10 wks.. so today as a farewell present, we did something cruel to both of them lah.. let ur imagination run wild and u koe wat we did to them!.. will not state in this blog lah.. its all up to your imagination =P..

Dismounted duty and then came home.. parents on mission trip.. wont be back until at nite.. so its left my sis and me at home.. dun koe whether will go out or not lah.. see whether I'm lazy or tired loh.. so ya..

Oh.. I'm yawning already.. *Yawnz*

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 326 DAYS to ORD!!

0745. Sembawang Air Base.

A victim of a string of unfortunate events,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: