"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A series of unfortunate events

This morning when I first step out of my hse and get ready to go back camp, I knew I forgot to take sumthing.. but then I thought tat I was thinking too much!.. so didn't really cared!

Went down and as I'm waiting to cross the road, saw bus 135 juz came and like so few ppl taking the bus.. so I guess as much tat I'll give it a miss.. so I went to go and buy newspaper and take an alternative bus instead!

Everything went on smoothly until I reach my bunk.. and I juz realise tat I forgot to bring my key! Man! So tat was wat I forgot this morning!! My friend tried to help me break the lock, but then it was too hard for him.. so instead, he use another method.. he use his key and juz twist and turn and ta-ta.. it opened!! Thank God!

Then I was like franctically looking for a spare lock frm my friend.. and thank goodness he has loh!

Then got changed into PT kit and went for a shift run.. came back, bathe.. and juz as I was about to sleep, my sgt came to our bunk and ask us to fall in our admin attire.. I thought it was one of his ploys for us to fatigue work, but then, its actually going to the Medical Squadron and go for a urine test to see whether we've been diagonosed with diabetes, as recent cases of ants being found in our toilet near the urinals! I was like telling my officer it may not be us becos' it may come out frm the pipes! anyway, my officer said to play safe.. so ya..

Then once in the Medical Squadron, I thought of reporting sick for a health problem tat has been bugging me for abt a mth or two (I actually manage to maintain a clean slate of record by not going to report sick, but then I tot since I'm here, why not on the way? I admit tat I did not want to report sick is becos' I was lazy to walk to the Medical Squadron)..
At first, I raise this thing to the medic there.. he said since not serious, nvm.. but then I insisted tat its really an unbearable problem liaoz.. so he no choice but to ask me either come back at 1330 or tml! Later did I raise this issue to my officer and he said tat go and report sick at 1330 instead of tml, becos they may need my manpower for duty tml.. so if I'm not present, then they will short of 1 manpower! so ya.. Anyway, I was like telling my officer whether he cld let me report sick tml, but then he told me the reason and he somewat "force" me to report sick today..

So there I went at 1330.. and when I reached there, I was quite surprised to see a no. of ppl there.. There were the following ppl:

(a) some private/recruits who got some health problem and they want to see the MO becos' they've got a letter stating their health problem frm doctors in hospitals such as Tan Tock Seng Hospital..

(b) some NS-men who did their yearly FFI.

(c) and when I reached there, the only MO there was attending to an emergency case, whereby this technician got a severe migrane and they were all attending to him.. so in the end, this technician got sent to a hospital in an ambulance and the MO followed..

So becos of this emergency case, the only MO is gone and they have to ask the MO frm another nearby airbase (ADSD - Air Defence System Division) to come and help to see the patients..

So I was like waiting and waiting and waiting.. finally after 2 hrs of waiting (*gulp*), I got to see the MO.. In 5 mins, I was done and he saw another patient.. waited 10 mins for my medication.. and I'm done! haiz..

Then becos of this health problem, I got like 2 wks excuse uniform during duty and stand-by days! This means tat my shift got 1 less fighting fit guy to do duty.. haiz.. really pity them but wat to do? I can't control this health problem anymore! so ya.. so here's hoping tat they will cope well lah! =)

Then came home.. thank goodness once I stepped into the bus, then it rained cats and dogs! But then the changing of bus frm AMK interchange to reach home was so long! I took bus 133 instead of 135, becos' 133 came first! Anyway, the bus was travelling so slow tat the normal journey takes 30 mins instead of the normal 15 mins! The traffic jam was killing me.. it also doesn't help tat I almost developed gastric pains though I ate lunch! man.. tat was the most horrible thing tat happen sia!

This blogpost is seriously all abt a series of unfortunate events.. haiz.. so its me bkin in later for duty tml.. haiz =(

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 337 DAYS to ORD!!

2359. Sembawang Air Base.

Stressed out,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: