"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, November 18, 2005

The long-awaited...

Well.. here's my blogpost for today.. so sit tight and juz read abt my day yaz =)

Dismounted duty this morning, but did not go home becos' no pt, becos' at nite, we got a squadron happy hr thing and all must attend.. details later in the blogpost..

So some of you all may be curious how's my first duty as a PIKACHU (pai2 ka1 pai2 chiu4)? Well.. its been fine but quite torturing.. read on to koe the reason..

The first thing in the morning when ppl saw me in my admin attire (where all status personnels wear for duty), ppl start asking me why and wat happen.. so I told them my status and the duration of it and other stuff.. They were quite shocked and as usual, they say be chao4 keng1 etc.. aiyah.. I koe they say this juz for fun lah =)

And then, I went to mounting on the rover vehicle while the rest were marching down lah.. it was drizzling so sitting in the rover was so sort of a comfort lah.. then its time to us to unload the stuff.. but then I was like doing all the job loh.. the other guy juz like sit there and help to push the stuff in front.. haiz.. as if its not enuf, I was detailed to Eastern Gate to do duty.. It was quite boring lah.. becos' I thought I can stay in Main Guardroom and do my duty.. at least got air-con and a change of environment, becos' I've been doing Eastern duty like for the past 4 duties! And this time my duty at Eastern has been a record breaking for me.. 18 hrs @ only 1 location of duty.. and tat is way super boring lah.. but no choice.. I have to do it! =(

Then after which, I spend like 2 hrs studying almost 3/4 of my advance theory bk becos' nothing to do at Eastern mah.. so its like I finish reading 3/4 of it, and its still afternoon.. so I was a bit sianz lah in studying, so I decided to go out in the x-ray and talk to the other guys (who mounted duty with me at Eastern) for a while.. and soon, I felt something was on my body, and guess wat? I found out tat I've got an unknown species of caterpillar (its those black one with yellow spots on top of it.. and immediately, I was paranoid.. thinking whether it cld be poisonous!!) on me and I was like in a state of shock lah.. becos' I felt this sharp bite pain on my hand lah.. and I told my sgt abt it, and he said if the swell or redness gets bigger, then go see MO..

but then nothing really happen (I think so!).. except tat near the region where the caterpillar bite, there was a stretch of red mark.. not sure wat it is lah, but can feel tat it has a prickly heat feeling!
So soon, I began to visit the toilet very often and put water on the red mark.. but then it felt itchy after a while and I began to scratch! After a few hrs of scratching, the red spot goes into a bigger region and now, my whole bicep has red spots.. (see pic on the left!)

Soon this red spots spread to my armpit region (it spread over the nite when I slept on the bed).. Apparently tat bed dun koe whether its clean enuf, becos' there was a small pc of lizard dropping.. so wat I did was to use an un-use blanket and cover the spot, whilst I use another blanket to cover myself.. so ya.. but I dun think its the blanket fault, becos' the blanket was juz changed the previous day! Moreover, I've also bathed before I slept! So ya.. it shld be the rash juz keeps spreading lah.. which I wld think most probably its heat rash/prickly heat!

And then, dun koe whether wearing an admin attire for duty is cursed at Eastern or not.. becos' I kept getting mosquito bites! In the morning, when I first stepped into my duty place, I got like 8-9 mosquitoe bites.. and then at afternoon and nite, it somehow didn't have! Then when come to the wee hrs duty, I was again 'greeted' by 3-4 mosquito bites.. stupid mosquitoes!! arghh!!

However, I still carry on my duty lah until dismounting loh! Then I went to bathe and then decide not to go home, becos' have to come back to camp in the evening for the squadron happy hr.. haiz.. quite sianz lah..

Anyway, a grp of us went to Causeway Point to juz have lunch and juz walk walk loh.. at first, some of them suggested to go to Orchard Road to have lunch and walk.. but then I was thinking tat no pt going to Orchard becos its like having only 3 hrs left before we have to rush back camp.. so ya.. no pt lah.. but thank God we went to Causeway, becos' I did some shopping today!

Remember the bag I told you last time tat I wanted to get but out of stock? (see pic on left!) I'm pleased to announce tat I've bought the bag (Vertikal Outbound) today liaoz at Sports Connection @ Causeway Point! I was elated lah! Usual price was $51, but now its $31.. wanted a further discount, but the person said cannot.. anyway, I was like contemplating whether to buy or not, but then after considering, I decide to get it since I've been wanting to have this bag for very long liaoz and $31 is a reasonable price lah! I've got the one on black and grey! Looks quite cool.. can't find the color online.. so guess tat this is good enuf? Anyway, the following is a description of Vertikal Outbound frm a website (http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/hardware/notebooks/0,39001749,39148200,00.htm).. This is to give u more idea on wat are the functions of my bag, and u wld see tat the $31 tat I paid is worth it.. so here it is..

"Singapore brand Vertikal makes its laptop bag debut with the trendy-looking Outbound shoulder carrier, available in several bright colors, including red, champagne and shades of blue. Youthful appeal aside, this smart bag features multiple cushion partitions that can be adjusted to fit even the largest machines and accessories. Going weekend cycling? Dump the entire laptop compartment and the Outbound turns into a spacious getaway bag. The thick shoulder straps may be a tad bulky but your shoulders will thank you later. Plus a waist fastener keeps the duffle snugly secured during biking or other activities."

Sounds cool rite??
Anyway, I do not regret it.. Thank God =)

Then in the evening, there is this squadron happy hour where we had some fun games and food and beer, but the main objective is tat they want the whole of FDS to witness the presentation of GOH certificates to the GOH contingent for we had made SBAB proud, by sacrificing our time and effort.. so ya..

Food was indian cuisine (hmm.. I wonder why.. FDS personnel, tell me why pls ?!?.. ha..) and I actually made up my mind not to drink beer.. but then, occasion comes mah and ppl are like drinking.. so I drink 1 can of Tiger Beer lah.. it was not so bad lah.. can fill the effect of the beer after 1 can loh! Man.. I'm more sensitive to alcohol now! Anyway, then I saw Sidney.. and I playfully ask him to drink lah.. and u koe wat he answered me? He said, "once bitten, twice shy!".. ppl of SBAB shld koe wat happen to our dear COPA, Sidney Wong, during the base anniversary celebrations.. ha.. =)
My friends were like advising me not to drink beer becos of my rash.. but I dun care.. I still drink loh =P

Oh.. then during the dinner, my staff sgt told my officier tat I did NOT pass my IPPT! But I quickly told him tat I pass according to my results tat I've achieved.. and he said he will check it out, becos the computer system put me as FAIL (*gulp*).. how can this be? Even Sidney (whose elder bro coincidentally happens to the Physical Training Instructor (PTI) in my base) also said tat his bro told him tat I failed.. but then I ask him to double check the results with his bro and then if possible tell me wat they key into the system.. who koes maybe I failed, becos' they type the results wrongly? so ya.. Thanx bro in advance! You're the best!!.. If I pass becos of a typo error, I owe you one man =).. meanwhile, I'm crossing my fingers! =)

Before the presentation of the certs, there was games lah.. the games seems harmless, but the participants and the audience were getting a lot of fun!! At one pt of the game, I almost laughed till my tears juz flow out lah (SBAB personnels, I'm referring to the game where Chan (frm my shift) did something to tat orange balloon of his! ha.. LOL!!).. it was so much fun and laughter!

Then after everything was done, it was time for us to go home.. so I hurriedly pack my stuff and make my way out of camp.. Then as we are abt to walk out after a while, an ST Log van offered to give us a lift.. so a load of us were like boarding the van lah.. free transport! ha..

Came home and showed my parents the bag I bought, and they said I've bought the right choice of bag! So happy =) ha.. Also showed them my rash, and my mum advised me to go and see MO.. but I told her tat I will go if it does not get any better in a few days time.. so ya.. =).. I'm thinking of my shift here hello =)

Oh.. one more thing.. I'm bkin in on Sun morning, as a form of compensation for my dismounting off kenna 'jia' last time!!.. my officer approve this loh.. so ya.. so tat means I can chill out more time with my church mates tml! Yeh!! =)

ok lah.. gtg liaoz.. very tired.. had a long day! need to sleep liaoz.. maybe blog tml again? =).. ciaoz ppl.. adios!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 335 DAYS to ORD!!

Dream fulfilled,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: