"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, November 21, 2005

My First...

Fwah! My weekend this wk was happening lah..

First, it was the Squadron Happy Hour happening in my squadron on Friday, which was relfected in my previous blogpost.

Then, it came to Sat (19/11)! Here's a brief (I hope!) account of my happenings.. so sit tight and get ready for a roller coaster ride (Am I exaggerating? I dun koe..) so here goes..

Woke up like 8.30am despite my late nite sleep on Friday.. suddenly juz woke up.. I think it got sumthing to do with my biological clock lah.. anyway, after waking up, was having my breakfast and at the same time, watching my tape programs of past shows.. quite enjoyable actually.. a change of activities rather than always facing the computer! So ya..

Abt 2 hrs later, the taped shows ended.. so as usual, I went back to on the computer lah.. was working on an upcoming project (can't tell u all wat lah.. when the time comes, you all wld koe lah), but then the project was quite long.. only manage to do a draft.

Then went downstairs to buy lunch for my mum and myself.. then watched somemore TV.. TV programs were boring (Sat wat do u expect?), so decide to off the TV and played some worship songs on my piano, since I've not done it for a long time liaoz! Was quite enjoyable..

Then went to bathe and get ready to go to church.. was apparently late for church music practice becos there was some miscommunication.. Did some last min practice at the school canteen.. so ya.. Then when I reached there, I saw Joshua Gouw studying for his History paper.. haiz.. poor thing! =(
Anyway, the worship went on juz fine lah.. no problem for me to play on the spot becos tat was wat I did in the past.. and fortunately the songs were easy to learn, so playing it was a breeze.. so ya..

After practice, went back to main hall.. and guess who I saw? I saw a former church mate, Rachel Lee.. Before she left for Sydney to study, she was the keyboardist in the Youth service.. so after she went, there were no more keyboardists ard.. so ya.. until I came after the integration, then they now have a keyboardist.. so I was lik chatting with her for a while b4 I relaise tat I need to excuse myself frm the conversation and get myself up to the main hall for getting ready the music instruments and other stuff for the service (which was startiung in abt 20 mins time).. so ya..

Sermon at church yesterday was slightly boring.. and it deosn't really help tat I was tired (in a sense tat I was yawning half the time, and my eyes were getting to be slightly heavy.. so ya.. but then, thankfully I didn't fall asleep lah!).. Matt Yap was sitting beside me and can see tat he is super tired becos of his body language! His body language tells all loh! =)

Then closing song came and service ended.. As usual, had my usual dose of fighting (ya.. I koe I'm childish.. but wat to do? I'm cute and adorable! YOu muz be exclaiming, "oh pls! how thick-skin can abriel be?".. but wat to do? Its my nature! ha.. with Joshua Gouw.. he apparently sytart it first with his pervert-ish nature (ask him urslef and u wld koe!!! If you want to koe, ask me personally and I wld be most gladly to tell you, in the name of self-protection and bewareness! ha..)

The thought of being a worship leader in OCC then suddenly came to mind.. I was thinking tat this is the best time for me to start serving in the Music Ministry again, since I'm like more involved in the Music Ministry nowadays (due to the usage of the main hall for our Youth service, which means I can play the keyboard).. so I was thinking to myseld as to why dun I take a step further, instead of juz playing the leyboard, I do worship leading.. at least I can inject some "HCC worship leading flavour" into the current Youth and at the same time, lighten Matt Mok's load of being a worship elader, becos he leads worship like almost every wk.. so at least the Youths of OCC wld not be bored by the style of worship/songs which were always sung every wk.
I must make this clear to the OCC Youth who are readin this! Pls do NOT get me wrong in a sense tat I want to change the worship system or sumthing.. its juz tat its good to have variety at times; the way I lead worship and you all are lead into Worship at OCC is slightly different (in terms of songs and style of worship).. so I guess tat at least the congregation wld not be like bored or sumthing like tat lah.. pls do NOT get the wron gidea hor! Thanx =).. but this worshi pleading thing of mine is not confirmed yet lah.. it needs to go thru my pastor and all.. so ya.. keep on praying for me ya.. If its God's Will, let this be a smooth process with no hiccups and stuff! I dun want to end up with some unhappiness thing again lah =).. some of the ppl whom are very close to me in OCC shld koe wat happen the last time round.. =)

Then my rash is getting no better, but its not getting worst too (al;l thanks to constant application of the caramine lotion).. so ya.. so I'm abstaining frm seafood such as prawns and other stuff.. haiz.. so in the afternoon, I was thinking of like if go to meridian Hotel & eat, wat shld I eat? True enuf, they said go to Meridian Hotel for dinner.. so ya.. then, my headache starts lah.. but I put tat thought aside for a while (becos find it not impt at tat moment).. so I was walking towards Meridian Hotel for dinner with Ash, Alvin, Andrew, Nat & Joshua Gouw and a bunch of other ppl who were either trailing behind or they car pool!

Anyway, whilst alking towards Meridian Hotel, I saw my uncle and his family! Said hi to them.. think they didn't recognise me lah.. becos I was in my contacts and they have not seen me in my contacts before.. so ya.. then I carreid on my stroll to Meridian.. then suddenly, Nat came out and his lame jokes and his 'aura' is once again present! Almost died of lameless yesterday.. ha..
Was alking with Andrew lah.. and then as we reached the entrance of the Meridian Foodcourt, I suddenly juz jokingly told him tat I was thinkinwhether the china gal at the dessert store wld be there.. and true enuf, the china gal was there.. I told Andrew tat she is qutie cute and stuff lah.. then Andrew was like telling Hannah (who somehow walked at the side of us) tat I was interested in the china gfal.. then she gave me tat look and I tired very hard to clear off my name lah.. but I htink she koes its a joke lah..

Then they went to buy food whilst I was sitting down quietly and looking after their belongings.. After they came back, I went to buy my share of food.. I practically walk the whole food court twice lah! Then after much hesitation and chatting with my church friends along the way (hoping to get some inspiration of wat to eat), I finally settle my dinner with my vegetable soup dish, "Pork Ribs with Watercress Soup" (on eo fmy all time favourite soup).. then when I had 2 mouthfuls of my dinner, my best pal, Marcus came and tap me on the shoulder and he said "hi".. I was like so surprised lah.. said a few words of 'hi' and then he called me over to accompany him to the nearest ATM and draw money! I was like "what?!?".. anyway, I was thinking since we had not chatted for quite a while, I decide to acoompany him to the nearest ATM (which was at Centerpoint btw) and withdraw money.. Along the way, we chatted loh! =)

The he asked me to accompany him to walk round the foodcourt to buy his dinner.. I was like pleading him to let me go back and eat my dinner lah, for I was extremely hungry loh.. Thank goodness he allowed me to do so.. So back at the table, I continued eating, and by then, I saw Andrew & Nat already eating their dessert.. So i jokingly asked them whether the china gal smiled at them or serve them with a smile on the face.. but apparently, Nat said 'no'. So I said 'let me go and try..'.. so I finished eating and Andrew was like saying he want to have another serving of dessert lah.. so its like both of us go eat dessert tofether! We are the dessert buddies lah! (tats wat Andrew say lah!).. ha.. Anyway, when I first went there, and when the china gal saw me, she immediately smiled loh.. then Andrew was like say, 'see.. she smiled at you!..'. then i answered him, 'wat to do? I have a very memesrizing and charming face.. so every gal which looks at me will smile!..'.. so ya.. then the best thing is tat Andrew ordered the same, so she had to make the same thing twice.. then Jonathan (Josh Gouw younger bro) came over whilst we were still there, and he said he wanted the same thing.. so then the china dessert gal replied in mandarin, 'why dun you order 3 bowls of the same thing at the same time? make me walk so much..'.. so ya.. then I dun koe wat esle to reply. then I cheekily told Andrew is tat so tat we can see her more! ha..

Then when we went back to the table to have our dessert, Andrew then retold the whole story to Nat & Ash.. and as usual, they was like "woooo...".. was uite embarassed when they said tat lah.. and then Nat made a whole lot of crap lah.. practiaclly when he talk crap.. and when u ask him the reason, he wld always say the same reason, which is "my O leveles are over!".. it gets irritating at times lah.. but its the nature of Nat! cannot blame! ha =P

Andrew then started to make fun of my dessert which muz be "exceptionally" sweet.. then suddenly I realise tat my dessert is realy sweet loh (at least sweeter than Andrew's and Jonathan's dessert).. maybe wat Andrew said is true or it cld be juz pure coincidence? Find tat out urself and use ur imagination! ha..

Then its time for post-dinner activities.. the other younger teens went to play Counterstrike (I explained to them why I didn't play, becos its like I get killed within 5 secs.. ha..).. whilst the rest of us went to Party World KTV (below hello! Singetel shop near Heeren).. Actually wanted to go home, but becos of Rachel (which I wil not see her till nxt yr.. and its like the first time where I've 'partied' with her and the rest..), therefore I obliged lah.. before tat, rhe invitation by Nat asking me whether I was going KTV and he did a certain action which made everyone laugh lah.. Then Ryan started t use on Joyce.. and then it linked to me.. so practically the whole nite, Joyce & me were linked together becos of the joke tat Ryan cracked, on the invite action to KTV! So cheeky rite =P

So Tjow booked a VIP room, which comes with 1 very big room, 2 set of fruits and snacks and 14 free drinks! So it was my FIRST time where I started singing KTV (I think I'm starting to get hooked!) and of course, I chose JJ Lin Junjie songs.. my fav chinese artiste.. apparently I almost lost my voice when singing his songs becos its so high pitch! I'm like screeching away lah.. ha.. then before I started singing, I munch on the snacks lah.. but then after like 15 mins of snacking and by then I have ate tons of snacks, I juz realised tat I'm eating prawn stuff.. and I was 'stunned' for the moment, as ppl with rashes can't eat any prawny stuff! so ya.. no wonder I had an occasionally itchy spot whilst eating! After discovering so, I decided to stop munching away and drown myself with the Honey Jasmine Tea which I ordered, hoping tat the itch will dissipate off.. and thank God, it did after a while!

Then halfway the session, I had a wild idea.. and tat is to take scandalous shots!. Cornelius and I were so good at taking scandalous shots, tat ppl start following.. so those of us who were not sining, actually toook those shots lah.. and the shots juz get hotter and hotter each time.. due to the nature of the photos, I will NOT be posting them online.. but dun worry.. there are no 'self-exposure' shots or stuff.. all in the name of fun! but I will keep it in my computer, becos it wld be very good to have a memory of them sia! Most of us were like camera crazy lah, esp. Joyce.. she was like 'I want to take!".. man.. how vain can she be? ha..
*PS: The NORMAL photos will be out at the end of yr, becos' its taken with Rachel's camera.. so ya.. she wld be more convenient to send at the end of the yr, compared to now.. os ya.. so guess u ppl who are eager to see the photos juz have to wait?

I hate to leave tat place lah, becos the company was so good to be missed (I dun koe why everytime I'm with the youth ppl like Tjow and the rest, I feel so happy.. weird rite?).. Anyway, I have to go after tat lah, becos its like being late and all, and I promise my mum tat I wld leave tat place at 2300.. mroeover, I have to bk in the next day (Sun) at 0745, therefore can't stay out too late..

Walked to Thai Embassy & took bus 105, instead of walking back to Plaza Singapura and take NEL and then walk home (becos a bit lazy, thereofre never take the PS option).. anyway, bus 105 came a little bit late.. so by the time I reached home, its like 12.05am liaoz.. slept until 0530, wok eup and ate breakfast (surprisingly my mum was up and early and making breakfast!).. bathe and then get to camp with my new Vertikal Outbound bag! So happy!

When I reached camp, I got a shock of my life lah.. my bag stripe juz dropped out lah.. but thankfully, I knew how to repair it so its not so bad.. for a moment, I thought my $31 juz gone down the drain like tat..

So ya.. my duty in admin attire (becos of my status) juz get more shiong by the day! Now, I start to do a 24 hr table duty.. so I will stay in the duty room frm my mounting time to dismounting time! So prractically its my home yesterday at camp lah! I requested to my sgt the day before to let me stay in an air-con environment for my duty, as I did not want to aggrevate my rash condition further lah.. will go to the Medical Centre on tues to check it out with the MO in camp to see wats wrong.. izzit poison or sumthing which spark this rash reaction or wat? I seriously dun koe loh.. have to see the MO for this! so ya..

ok.. gtg liaoz.. got to have a light nap before I go out with my other friends to watch movie at PS.. so ya.. so exciting.. then at nite, we go and eat Carl's Jr.. so ya.. yummy.. will try to take photos lah! =).. Ciaoz!

Deprived of sleep,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: