"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Mounting.. No sweat lah!

Yesterday's mounting went to Eastern again.. but dun get the wrong idea.. I'm not complaining.. But yesterday's duty is one tat is quite shiong but at the same time, quite relaxing. "Shiong" in a sense tat its a 10 hr straight duty (never in my duties did I meant a straight 10 hr! The most is 6 hr!!).. "Relaxing" becos its under air-con for the duration of my 10 hr duty.. but its no joke lah.. Imagine standing with my rifle for 10 hrs! =\.. Quite shiong leh.. but 10 hrs pass by quite fast lah..

Then yesterday during my duty, we were discussing something; MINDEF is actually giving us something for our continuous learning in NS life.. So I was like thinking of wat course/e-module to take thru'out the whole day , and also prepare my Christmas shopping list during my 10 hr duty.. These are things tat help me pass the time loh..

The last news I've juz heard, is tat the Sentosa shift thingy on Friday is cancelled =( due to my squadron family day happy hour (which is happening on the same day).. so tat means more beer *sic* (dun think I will drink, becos' I personally dun quite like Tiger Beer.. and I'm also watching my calorie intake!) and dun koe watever other stuff tat is gonna to happen!
So its like Friday, my shift dismounting off kenna 'jia' loh, becos hv to come back at night, becos' this is compulosry.. Fwah!! This is so unfair lah.. haiz.. wat to do? Since when anything in Army is optional? [becos' if its optional, then no one wld attend! So they have to resort to such means.. argh.. =( ]

Dismounted duty today.. and there you are.. this blogpost is written by me now in front of my computer.. [duh..]

This blogpost is short becos I've got lots of things to do! I'm a busy man.. Am now uploading photos and writing this blog, etc..
At the same time, I'm chatting over MSN with my pal, Andrew over some personal matters [thanx to Andrew who made my day lah.. was feeling sad becos of a particular issue.. but he and his jokes juz made me laugh my sorrows away!.. set man.. we go and drink someday! think u shld be of right age liaoz hor? ha.. hope I'm not teaching you the wrong thing! ha.. as wat my army friend (who is 19 btw) told me when I asked him to do a naughty deed (dun think otherwise!) after dismounting today!]

Then juz now, juz came back frm Comfort Driving Centre (Ubi Branch).. I was there to book for my Final Theory Test.. and if you guys want to koe, its on 21 Dec 2005, 3.15pm.
And I muz say tat this bking thingy at Ubi was an experience lah! I last went to tat place and bk for a test (Basic Theory) is like 2 yrs back (14 May 2003 to be exact), and I've never been to there since (becos' I pass the test at my first time..).. Anyway, it also doesn't help tat I've not taken buses to anywhere near Temasek Polytechnic as I've graduated like abt a year back.. so as to wat buses to take frm Ubi to the driving centre was like a bit strange! But thank God for my mouth and a little memory of the bus no. tat goes to the driving centre.. I manage to find my way (I was like lazy to wait for the bus.. so its like I try my luck of every bus tat comes my way to see whether they stop near the driving centre.. since its like 2 stops away!).. Anyway, when I went there, I was like suddenly a stranger to tat place.. I roughly koe where to go (becos' I've talk to an operator before I left home), and I so stupid go and take a no.. I think everyone who wants to book the driving test (if they never been there before) actually took a number.. but then actually, the number is for students who want to enrol in the school and learn and take the test at school level! So ya.. After like 15-20 mins of observing the queues and heard the counters telling them tat they've got on the wrong queue, then I decide to join another queue.. waited for close to another 15 mins for my turn in the queue.. got the stuff settled.. but then this is one test tat I've paid so much.. becos Comfort Drving Centre juz came up with a new policy tat I muz open an account (which costs $5.25, and this account is for bking purposes like re-test theory bking and practical lessons bking.. but the downside of it, is tat it only valid for 6 mths! So after 6 mths, this account wld be cancelled loh!), and I agreed for a e-trial test (which is questions frm the test, but taken an hr earlier before the main test) which again costs me another $5.25, and the actual test itself costs me $6! So in total, it costs me $16.50! Man.. these ppl at Comfort simply koe how to earn money frm consumers! =
Regarding the E-prep thingy by MINDEF, I've decided NOT to take any courses, as nothing really interests me (except maybe learning how to work Adobe Photoshop 6.0.. but wat I have on com now is version 7.0.. so no pt).. Moreover, its not tat SAF is gonna pay the full 100% of the fees.. its only 90% of it.. and the rationale of us paying the 10%? It's so tat we wld take responsibility and ownership in our study! So ya.. nothing nice so wat for waste money? I decide to return these credits to SAF lah =)

Oh.. the photos of "Makansutra" are uploaded! pls. check the link, "Makansutra Photos" at my photo gallery column!

Ok.. got to run.. I'm a busy bumble bee.. =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 338 DAYS to ORD!!

0745. Sembawang Air Base.

Computer nerdy,
<<< abriel >>>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here jazzkool.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Research indicates that nearly 50% of all U.S. adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.