"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Its hard!

Hey ppl! its time for me to blog again! Dun sigh.. it wont be long.. *ya.. as if*.. ha.. juz kidding! I try to make it short and sweet.. so enuf of me crapping.. me gonna start..

Today is really hard.. Hard as in the events happening around me! so here's why, and at the end of this blogpost, you wld koe why I said its hard!

(1) Childish Children's Service in Church

The service (sermon and the praise & worship session) today in church was absolutely CHILDISH! My goodness!! How did I manage to sit thru the 1.5hrs of childishness?? *gawks in disbelief*..
I was like getting bored halfway lah.. and the tone of adults speaking to the children is like so childish loh.. machiam like telling a fairy tale to the children.. there seems to be articulation in speech of the ppl on the stage speaking to the children.. I'm sure u koe wat I mean rite ?!?

But come to think of it, its Children's Day celebration today in church.. so everything muz be childish! I was siting next to Jeremy and talking to him (discussing at times abt how childish one can be when he/she is a child) abt how we have matured thru the years.. And frm tat, I realised tat I have like 9 yrs left my Sunday School class and sat in the main congregation!! It has been 9 yrs, juz like tat! Time really pass so fast in a twinkle of an eye!

(2) Tjow ranting abt the kids!

Well.. Tjow (my fellow youth in church) seems to be the 'man' when handling kids! I love his kids-handling method, becos' he has the power to discipline them! He has been assigned to look after 4 kids today at the service.. almost every youth got 4 kids.. except me whom I have none! actually, I dun koe wat to do if I have 4! my goodness!!

Anyway, everytime he looks after the kids in the church services, there seems to be something funny happening!
Last wk (it was my church anniversary), he also looked after 4 kids.. then being his friendly self, he asked one boy this question,
"Are you hungry?"

Guess wat's the boy's answer? He answered,
"No, I'm John"

When I heard abt this, I almost pengz!

Then this wk, something happened again when he looked after another 4 kids! This time, its involving a girl and a boy.. Do not wish to describe wat happens.. but wat I can say is tat the girl and boy has some perverted behaviour! *gulpz*.. my goodness.. such a young age! *gawks again in disbelief!*

Its really fun to hear Tjow's ranting abt the kids! Ha.. =)

(3) Children Control!

Then today after service, initially, I was not involved in helping the kids and all.. but then I got nothing to do and so I got bored, and moreover, there was like a shortage of manpower, so I lent my services/help to bring down the kids and also to help carry the goodie bags for the children!

So its like me controlling a crowd of like 10 children.. and I tell you.. they are even much harder to control than the crowd control at my camp! This is becos the children do not really like walk in straight lines to the boarding bus site, or the children all look the same! So the only way to identify them is thru the colour coded sticker on their shirt!

Phew! Children crowd control is tough job!

(4) Meer words!

Hey NS ppl.. if you have a copy of this mth's Pionner magazine and you read it, then you wld find this paragraph very familiar:

"What struck me the most was how Singapore is able to become one of the most respected countried in the international community, despite its small size, " said Mr Joshua Gouw Kun Long from Catholic Junior College. "For young males like me, it makes me look forward to National Service."

Extracted frm Pioneer Magazine, September 2005 issue, Pg 14, "Meeting the future leaders"

You wld realise tat the last line of the paragraph, I have bold it! This is becos, its natural for someone with uniform group background to like eager to go NS, and usually, tats their mentality of them before entering NS.. but once you enter NS, its a different story! You wld wish you wld remain a student forever instead! Well.. I guess tat 80%-90% (if not, 99%) wld agree with me tat wat I said is true!

Anyway, the person who said this thing (ie, Mr Joshua Gouw Kun Long) is none other the Joshua tat I koe who is frm my church! I actually didnt notice it (though I've read finish the mag, but have only read the left column and not the right!) until my best bud frm church, Alvin, actually told me abt it.. and after which I knew it, I spread to almost my whole youth group actually koes abt this!! And I've promised Joshua tat I wld publicise this thing on my blog, and there it is! If you, Joshua Gouw Kun Long, is reading this, your wish is my command! It is in my blog!! No escaping!! wahahaha... *evil laugh*
Alvin was worse.. He said he is considering to scan the page in 1600 dpi (ie, photo quality) and put it in his blog.. as to whether he does tat is another story!! Joshua, so you better pray hard tat he wld forget the matter!

*PS: Mr Joshua Gouw, you are fortunate enuf tat I did not post your pic.. or else, ppl will start bashing you up when they see ya on the streets! ha.. =P

(5) Hard to believe!

Well.. this is something really hard to believe.. today, then I knew tat one of the relief teacher (who was teaching me E. Maths and a bit of English when I was Sec 3), was actually the father of my fellow youth group member, Ryan.. it was really hard to believe at first.. but then as time goes by, I juz believe loh.. becos at first sight, Ryan and his dad looks totally different! The world is so small lah! Juz can't believe it!

(6) Personal sharing!

Today after church, went with the youths to Cuppage food court for dinner! the reason why we didnt go to Meridian Hotel or Cuppage terrace is becos they want to have a Youth Camp meeting at Cuppage Foodcourt, becos of some conveniences for the meeting!

So today the table was actually initially sat by a lot of ppl.. but then they moved.. so its left with my best bud, Alvin, and another youth member, Jeremy.. so 3 of us are like shifting tables to eat..

I ate the meatball soup with rice frm a pig organ soup stall (thinking tat the soup wld be power-filled with grounded black pepper).. but I was wrong! It sux lah! I knew I shld have eaten either the same stall as Alvin or order Malay food juz like Jeremy! haiz.. =(

Anyway, after we 3 have finished eating, we shifted tables to nearer to the other youths.. and when we sat there, Alvin got a drink and I've got myself a bowl of mango lychee ice dessert, despite my fleme in my throat (becos' of the recovery of my sore throat)!

Then as time pass, Jeremy had to shift tables again for attending the mtg (which is juz opposite lah!).. and then its left with Alvin and myself!

Then, as Alvin and I juz talk, we started to get real personal.. and he shared his personal stuff whilst I shared mine! We both had a very good time of sharing! Alvin, if you are reading this, thank YOU once again for providing a listening ear !! You will ALWAYS be my best buddy! =).. Cheers!

ok lah.. I think I have talk too much! sorry for being so loh-soh.. ha..

Off to dreamland,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: