"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Farewell !!

"...I want to thank you all for giving me such fond memories during my stay in Sembawang Air Base. Take care and may God Bless you and your families. Thank You."

These were the last words of my base commander (now retired), Colonel Chan, during his farewell speech, whom we did a Change Of Command (CoC) Parade for him today in my base! Almost cried when he said the words above lah.. so touching!

It was a 30 mins parade, but when everything was added together, it was abt 2 hrs.. becos at the end of the parade, we have to like have our light refreshments (thank goodness I was fast enuf to grab some food.. any later, I will eat AIR! ha..) and then form the line of honour to send off Colonel Chan.. Quite a waste of time I muz say lah..

It was after much rehearsals and scolding frm the Parade RSM tat we have such a great standard at the Parade today.. and I can safely say tat this parade is far much better than the SAF Day Parade and the RSAF Day Parade.. probably becos the parade size is smaller, therefore, its easier to train and discipline the participants of the parade! So ya..

Saying of which, I wish to state something in this blog.. or else I wld have no peace lah.. I juz wanna get this thing off my chest, or else I wld feel unhappy abt it! so here goes..

There is this sgt of mine (wld not say name) who has a very bad temper; when he is in a bad mood, he wld show it in his face (his face looks like Justice Bao.. as if the whole world owes him money!).. anyway, this happened yesterday (Monday - 10/10).. it was like I was this guy (lets call him 'J') buddy-of-the-day as announced by my Flight Sgt Major (FSM).. the purpose of a buddy system to J was to ensure tt he was not late and stuff..

So Sun (9/10) I msg J abt time to bk in and stuff, hoping tat he wld not be late.. but he still did in the end becos of a reason.. dun koe whether its valid enuf for his lateness.. but anyway, ya.. b4 I slept tat nite on Sun (9/10), J woke me up and ask me wat time to fall in and stuff.. I told him and in addition, I told him wat to wear and stuff.. he said ok lah..

Then the morning came (mon - 10/10) and this sgt of mine (can see he not enuf sleep the nite b4 and tat explains his KNS (Ka Nah Sai) face in the morning) was like commanding me to go look for him lah.. and he gave me tat kind of look, as if tat if I dun do it, he wld punish me.. or tat kind of look tat I owe him a living!

Fwah! at tat moment, I juz felt like talking back to him lah (which I did at first in a very pissed off tone, but I held back my temper and words and juz go look for him reluctantly!).. I juz feel like telling him off, by saying, "eh.. u think u bad mood u can order me ard like tat? wats with the look? do I owe u a living? can't u tell me to look for 'J' nicely, instead of like showing me this kind of face? I told u tat I saw him eating and after tat, I didn't koe where he went.. you expect me to follow him like a dog? can't you wait a while more to see whether he comes down?"

I indeed told this sgt of mine the reasoning already.. I told him tat I saw him eating juz now but then after tat, I dun koe where he went to!
I was already lacking of sleep and you koe me lah.. when I lack of sleep, I will be grouchy over the slightest matter.. this sgt of mine is also not an exception.. but pls. loh! can't he talk to me nicely, instead of showing me his tat kind of face?? Argghhh... juz thinking of it makes my blood boil loh!

Anyway, its now all over and I hope he certainly tries to control his anger, before one day, I juz explode and I dun koe wat he will get frm me and I dun koe wat punishment I will get! so ya..

ok.. enuf abt tat sgt.. anyway, its me getting to bk in tml morning instead of 2359 tonite, becos' tml we are mounting duty! so ya.. dun koe whether this is his initiative or wat la.. but my bk in timing matters =)..

Oh.. forgot to mention tat today, Mon, 11/10/05, officially marks the END of being Guard-Of-Honour (GOH) 2005, and a new chapter of my life (and tat is getting back again to shift duty and getting used to the life of getting lack of sleep and short weekends) starts again!
Just by looking back at the past 6 mths, where we juz started to train as GOH initially, I first thought tat the days of GOH is tough.. but then, as time goes back, I found tat GOH has also its perks of being 8-5 job, but the cons is tat my wkends get burn loh! wat to do?? =)

I'm juz shack now lah, even though I had like a hr sleep today in the break period frm 11am-2pm.. guess I'm going to bed after tis.. tml morning need to wake up early and be doubly awake becos' I'm mounting tml.. siong ah..

0745. Sembawang Air Base.

GOH journey finally ended,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: