"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, October 13, 2005

A jolly good time!! =)


Nautica Shirt & Krumpler Pouch
Originally uploaded by jazzkool.

Well.. wat else can make me happy, except to say tat shopping and eating are the 2 best hobbies tat I currently have!! and yes.. I did just tat!! Well.. the following is an account of today!

Dismounted duty today (went to Eastern Gate yesterday to do duty!) and then after the debrief, I saw John (who is in another shift but he is on standby today).. and guess wat.. he 'jio' me, as to whether I want to follow him shopping for jeans, becos he got half day today! I just blantantly said 'ok' loh.. becos' since I've got nothing to do at home and also I'm like want to go out! so ya..

So came home, bathe and freshen up.. gelled my hair, change specs and choose clothing.. and off I went to meet him at Raffles City Shopping Centre!

When I reached there, I didn't wait long before he called.. and minutes later, we met lah!

Then he asked me whether I want to have cheap or expensive lunch! I was like thinking of food court (to save money).. but I koe John this type won't agree lah.. He likes high class places.. so I prepare to spend a bomb today lah!

So in the end, we went to this place called, "Seah Street Deli" at Raffles Hotel! At first when I heard "Seah Street Deli", I thought it was some coffee shop or sumthing.. but never did I expect tat it was at Raffles Hotel! When I first stepped in, I was a bit shocked, becos the decor of the place was like so 70's.. machiam I'm been transported back in history to those 70's cowboy snack house in America! Ya.. its tat retro!! It can be compared to the Billy Bombers Restaurant in Singapore.
But the prices of the food was quite reasonable.. but the best thing he said tat I shld not worry abt the prices becos' he got this card which entitled us to have 50% off the total price meal! So I guess it was a great steal lah! So I happily ordered..

We had Ice Lemon Tea for starters (its free flow btw, but its not cheap! its $5.75 per cup, but the best part is tat it is unsweetened, so I can add how much sugar I like!)
Then, I had Clam Chowder served in a Sourdough bread bowl! The bread was super crispy and the inner part of the bread was so soft and fluffy! its so cool!! its even better than the one at the Soup Spoon Cafe in Raffles City Shopping Centre..
Then for main course, I had the Monte Cristo Sandwich.. It is actually sourdough bread, which its been prepared/toasted juz like french toast (think they applied butter on the bread and they toast it), and it has lots of shaved honey baked ham stuck in between the bread and tender chunks of turkey breast meat.. and the side dish which I've chosen was the coleslaw, and this sandwich merely costs $14.90! I had quite a full meal I muz say..

Then after the meal, we had like enjoy and sipping our free flow ice tea and chatting abt anything under the sun, but mainly we chatted abt our shift duty and wat happen and stuff.. it was so fun!! And I think both of us drank abt 5-6 cups of ice tea EACH whilst we talk.. think we sat and eat and talk for close to 1.5 hrs!! The place is so suitable for chatting!! =)

Then at 3+pm, John inititated tat we shld make a move to start shopping.. and guess wat! Just as we are able to enter Levi's @ Raffles City, at the corner of my eye, I saw Joshua Gouw (my church mate) walking juz rite past me.. I of course called him and like chatted with him for a while, while my friend went to the Gents. I wld think he wanted to go out with me or sumthing, becos' he hinted lah and I caught the hint.. so ya.. but I was shopping with John, so can't possibly to leave John alone to shop rite =).. anyway, after John came back frm the Gents, then I bid Joshua goodbye and we went on our separate ways!

After much looking around (becos John can't find a pair of suitable jeans), we proceeded frm Raffles City to Orchard.. and in the end, he found his suitable jeans frm Levi's.. and he actually went to alter it, so muz wait for abt an hour.. then we went juz shopping in Paragon & Takashimaya.. then as we are shopping in Paragon, we went into Krumpler shop, and I was like telling John how long I've been eyeing on the camera pouch, and he was like saying to me tat if you eye it, juz buy it.. dun wait.. I was like "helo! you are rich.. I'm not!! I've got a budget and stuff!".. but anyway, I cld not resist it, so in the end, I bought the camera pouch (its selling at $24.50)!

Then we went to Taka.. was window shopping.. then we went to this Nautica shop! I was like when I see the striking orange polo t-shirt, I was like really considering as to whether shld I buy it! In the end, I bought it.. as I felt it was a good buy! Original price was $59 and now they have a sale.. its selling now at a special price of $39.90.. so ya..

Tell you all something.. I'm actually a VERY brand conscious person.. this is becos' I wld even like make sure the packaging where they put my branded clothing and stuff, make sure its like showing the branded store name, or else, I wld like most likely NOT buy it..
So this is wat actually happens at the Nautica store! As you all koe, Nautica belongs to Royal Sporting House group.. so even though it was a Nautica store, there is still a possibility tat they wld give u a Royal Sporting House bag, which is so low-class (ie, the image doesn't fit the Nautica shirt and ppl wont koe tat I went to Nautica and buy my clothing!).. so ya.. becos' I was like this Nautica shirt I can buy and I can dun buy.. I dun really die die want it.. its juz tat at tat moment, it looks good and tempting to buy! So I actually saw a customer paying for his goods at Nautica and they use Nautica paper bags, so at tat moment, I think ok.. I will buy it, juz becos' they use Nautica paper bags!
I told John abt tis, and he was like ok.. and he called me more than a brand conscious person.. he called me a BAG conscious person! ha.. which I think its so true of me lah!

John machiam was like my shopping consultant.. I ask him stuff like how do I look in the size of the shirt (when trying).. Moreover, I even ask him to help me choose wat colour shld I buy for my Krumpler Camera Pouch! Yes!! he is tat good!!
But of course, when he wore the jeans, he also asked my opinion.. so we machiam like giving each other our *ahem* professional shopping comments! No wonder we can click so well!! oh well.. =)

Then came home, had a terrific dinner cooked by my mum (A Peranakan dish called Babi Pongteh.. which is actually tender pork and chinese dried mushrooms braised in salted bean gravy and accompanied by a must-have Peranakan side-dish, which is the Sambal Blachan! Oh man!! This combi of Babi Pongteh with Sambal Blachan is really the best meal I've eaten!! oopps.. am I making you hungry already?? I hope I dun!)

Well.. ya.. tats my journey today!! Cool rite?? ha.. =)
I think my blogpost today is more like a food blogpost rather than a blogpost of my journey today! Well.. if you are hungry, ask me more ya =) I wld be more than happy to tell you =) People dun call me the 'food guru' for nothing! heh! =P

ok.. so its me bking in tml morning and tml I will have half day! Yeh!! but then have to go back before 2359 becos' Saturday I mounting duty! =(.. oh well..

** Oh!! I'm counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 370 DAYS to ORD!!

0745. Sembawang Air Base.

A happy RP,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: