"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Cheers! Drink a toast to you!!


Cheers anyone?
Originally uploaded by jazzkool.

Its been a drinking week for me! ha.. quite 'high' these few days.. and I agree drinking cld be addictive! Not to mention the calories I put on if I drink on a often basis!

So here goes my drinking journey.. *hick*..

(1) SBAB Base Anniversary

It all started out in the hot afternoon at 1300 hrs at SAFRA Yishun Country Club (Click here to find out more!).. Anyway, did not really take part in any activities.. juz walk around with my friends around the place, and see ppl play games (such as Air Rifle and bowling.. but the longest we stayed for was bowling lah, becos' the air-con there very power!!)..

So after watching, we still like got 2 hrs left at SAFRA Yishun.. so we got adventurous and went to the Fruit Machine Room (aka Jackpot Room)and we juz play play lah.. each one came out with $2.. juz play for fun loh.. We all like very swa-ku (hokkien for mountain tortoise).. dun koe how to play.. Even after we have finish our credits, we still like in a daze of how to play, as in we still dun understand the game! ha..

Then after tat, we saw our sgt, and he ask us where we went! We said we went to the Jackpot Room.. then he said 'let's go and try again!'.. but of course, with my friend's "clever" instructions, he teach my sgt how to play.. ha.. so my sgt first change $10 worth of credits.. then in like 5 mins, his $10 was gone.. all thanx to my friend's "clever" instructions!..

Then he wanted to try again.. so he changed another $10 worth of credits! This time he got real lucky! He actually won $40 worth of credits after like 15-20 mins of play! so we b4 tat was like since we did not win, we want to hear the jackpot machine giving out the 'coin' sound.. so we ask our sgt to press the button, "collect".. and the money juz drop out like tat lah frm the machine! fwah! tell u! you never feel so happy in ur life b4 when u hear the sound of money! ha.. then when we see the winning of credits kept increasing, our blood pressure juz gets higher and higher.. Feel so good to win money sia!
Sometimes I really wonder whether ppl do really die of heart attack becos' of the jackpot machine.. the thrills you go thru with a jackpot machine is like a rollercoaster ride! =)
Then, my friends and I was like, "aiyah.. shld have played with my sgt becos he so lucky.. then who koes we win money!" It was so addictive and tempting tat I wanted to try again loh.. but no.. I shall not succumb to such a temptation! No good, no good!
Frm this trial play, I can conclude tat jackpot can either make u rich overnite or bankrupt overnite! No joke!!

Then at nite, its dinner at my base's hanger! The food there was superb! Though its was not like shan1 zhen1 hai3 wei4 (which means in chinese, for delicacies)(man.. this chinese phrase took me to look into 2 dictionaries for this phrase.. the enlish-chinese and chinese-english dictionary!), but its good enuf! There was kueh pi tee, rojak, carrot cake, oyster ommelette (aka or3 jian1), satay, tempura prawns, masala chicken, papadom, brani, sushi, and many more!! There was also entertainment frm the SAF Music and Drama Company (its been a while since I had seen their performance! I think its since BMT POP, which was like 6-9 mths back!! The performance which I think its the most unique was the team called, "Fusion Ensemble".. whereby they played popular 80's chinese and english hits and of course, some modern ones, with the following instruments: Keyboard, Drums, Saxophone, Bass guitar, electric guitar, cello, violin, erhu, ti-zhi or commonly known as a bamboo flute!.. they are real good lah! they sound so harmonize together!!)

The best of all was the Tiger beer of course (and the Tiger beer gals.. they are pretty.. oops.. ok.. next!).. I actually drank 5 cups! *gulp*..
What happen was the first cup was like a welcome cocktail.. then, then I felt the taste was like a bit too much.. so I switched to fruit punch..
After tat, its toasting time.. so I drank beer again.. and this is the 2nd cup..
Then again, its toasting again, so another cup.. this is the 3rd cup..
Then came the Tiger gal, so she helped us refill.. and as I watch the performance and drink and its done.. so this is the 4th cup!
Then came another toasting, so I drank another cup, and this is the 5th cup!

Its like tat drink and drink, until you dun koe tat u drank 5 cups liaoz!.. but thank goodness, we all ja-boed (malay for "go off") after tat.. One of the ppl we knew (a newbie lah), actually got drunk becos' of too many ppl toast him liaoz.. so we carry him back to his bunk!

Then as I walk, I feel as if my whole head was very light! But the thing is tat I can walk straight!! So I share cab with my friends, and once in the cab, I was like sweating lah.. I asked my friends whether they hot, and they said no.. so I was like blowing the air-con to myself lah! Then as I juz start to close my eyes in the cab, I can sleep very soundly loh.. but I force myself not to sleep lah.. juz in case.. so I guess I was half-drunk!

Came back home.. juz nice cell almost finishing.. didn't attend it.. I went to bathe and took out my contacts.. and I actually use a fan to blow my eyes b4 taking out my contacts, becos' my eyes were too wet and therefore very hard to take out! ha.. funny rite?

After bathing, one of the cell members ask me why I so stone.. I told him tat I was half-drunk becos' I drank 5 cups of beer! I was inititally dun want to bring in the fan.. but then even though after bathing when I sleep, I was quite refreshed but then I felt so hot.. I was sweating profusely like a pig lah!.. ya.. so its like I slept since 9.30pm tat nite, till like 7am yesterday (its a total of 10 hrs sleep.. and usually I dun sleep tat much! so I really guess I got drunk! but thank goodness, no hangover!)

(2) Oktoberfest @ Marche, Heeren Orchard

Well.. yesterday I think was the best time of my life! I actually went for a drinking session yesterday..

After church yesterday, we all proceed to Marche @ Heeren Orchard to celebrate the October babies birthday (Ash, Andrew, Xinyi, Jeslyn & Esther).. so Tjow had a funny idea of asking them 5 to 'tah' 1 litre of beer! I tried the beer.. no kick sia! Tjow said it rite! "Tiger beer more kick!" Even a seldom drinker, Jeslyn, also agrees! ha.. talk abt she being not a drinker!

Anyway, Tjow came up with the idea lah.. so the guys (ryan, tjow, alvin, me and wai kheong) also tah 1 litre, but then its the dark brew, 7.6% and above kind of alcohol! So its like I take a few gulpfuls and I was like quite 'seh' already.. in like 15 mins after I drank, I felt my head was heavy and I'm starting to slant! ha.. but then, not tat jialat after a while.. it seems to subside after a while loh..

Then after Marche, Tjow was like saying, "its a rare occasion tat I joined them, so I muz follow them loh".. I was like saying "ok" reluctantly lah.. but then, I suppose joining them once in a while won't hurt?

So I followed in Ryan's car (actually all guys are in Ryan's car, whilst the gals are in Corn's car), and went to Marina Square to play pool loh!

All thanx to Joyce (our blur guide.. ha =P) tat we almost got lost! But fortunately there was *ahem* the Suntec area guide, tat I found the way there! Oh.. then Tjow saw Starbucks and he bought the "Tazo Lemon Ice Shaken Tea".. very nice!! I think I'm gonna get a cup today! If you like sour and refreshing stuff, this is the tea for you!! Yummy!! Its heavenly lah!

Then when we reached there, Alvin has his hands so 'itchy' tat he went to play arcade, which was also in the same place as pool.. He as usual played Time Crisis 3, but then he said the machine sux lah, becos' of the sensitivity of the gun.. not good.. so yupz.. dun koe wat other games he played with Tjow.. for me, I played a few rounds of pool.. and I muz said tat its quite addictive lah! Its been a long time since I've played pool! ha..

So we played until like 1.15am.. so its like once I see Tjow kept his pool stick, I was like "hooray..", and I lift up both hands! ha.. its late and I'm 'seh' already.. but Tjow said tat its such a rare occasion tat Jeslyn actually join us this late, and she waited PATIENTLY! ha!!

then Corn fetched me back lah.. thanx Corn! =).. and by the time I reached home and bathe and stuff, its like 2.35am liaoz when I sleep!

Woke up this morning at 9.30am.. and then brush teeth, do my Quiet Time, and then now my blog and upload photos and frantically sent to ppl the photos of yesterday's nite event! Oh.. the photos are ready for viewing.. pls go to the photo gallery and look for the title, "Oktoberfest @ Marche Photos!", and you wld be able to see it!

*GJ ppl: If you want the video of the drinking session, pls. dun hesitate to msn or email me abt your request for the video, and I wld gladly sent it to you.. but then, the video is 37mb! so suggest its either MSN or gmail pls, or else it won't sent!
So if you wanna my msn add, its westlifer1984@hotmail.com..
another alternative is look for either Andrew, Alvin or Tjow! They've got a copy of it liaoz! =)
As for the photos, pls. refer to the link, "Oktoberfest @ Marche Photos!" in my photo gallery! Thanx!


ok.. so I guess all good things muz come to an end!! Going back to camp tonite, becos' tml got CoC rehearsal and whole day somemore.. haiz.. =(.. so the reason why I agreed for the outing with Tjow yesterday, is so as to make me feel better and I wanna enjoy my last free weekend, becos after this, there is mounting and stuff and no confirm free weekend, unless its dismounting or confirm free weekends! =).. so ya..

** Tjow, if you are reading this, thanx 4 the invite to the outing yesterday.. enjoyed myself throughly, though I'm like super shack after tat! Thanx! and hope to go out with u all again soon =).. cannot everytime lah.. or else, parents will scold if I come back this late at nite! ha..

ok lah.. gtg liaoz.. bathe and go out with family, b4 bking later!

2359. Sembawang Air Base.

Drinking is addictive *hick*,
<<< abriel >>>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol buy tramadol in uk - tramadol dosage chihuahua