"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, September 22, 2005

UPS & downs!

Well.. lots of events really happen this wk!
Am currently quite sleepy now.. so I'll try to make it short!

Let's start with the happy things:

Happy Event (1): Extras cleared!

I've cleared my extras liaoz! Tat means I do not have any outstanding extras to serve! Yeh!! So my holidays/weekends are more or less free loh! =).. So tat explains why I didn't blog for so long!

Happy Event (2): Pass IPPT!

I've passed my IPPT second window for the first time!! This means tat I do NOT take my IPPT again until a yr or two later!! This means tat the IPPT tat I took is so called my ORD IPPT lah! Yeh!! So happy loh! This is the FIRST time tat the first IPPT I take (like after 3-5mths) can clear! Usually I will take like more than a dozen times before I pass! Really thank God loh!! =)

*Of course, there is a price to pay; my abs muscles and legs are cramping.. feeling worst with my abs muscles, becos' of sit-ups mah!!

*If you are curious to koe my results, here it is.. (u promise not to laugh huh!).. Mind you.. a pass for my IPPT is even better than striking 4D ot gold! ha.. I'm serious!! Anyway, enuf of crap.. here are my results:

- Sit Ups (in 1 min): 47
- Chin Ups: 6
- Standing Broad Jump (SBJ): 212 cm
- Shuttle Run (100m): 10.6 sec
- 2.4km Run: 11 mins 55 secs

*I de-proved my results frm last time for a few of my stations.. but wat matters most is I passed! Yeh!!

Happy Event (3): My N-Gage QD ROX!!

My N-gage QD is up and ready! I've got games and mp3s! My mp3 shiok ah! My games even more shiok (but have not played it though! Its other ppl play for me! ha.. will play it someday!!) All thanx to my friend, Dexian, who did the things for me! =)

Happy Event (4): On the speed of recovery...

Went to hospital and visit my friend, Mark, who had a major operation! Thank God he's discharging frm NUH tml or else, I wld have no chance to see him! Glad he's been doing fine and still remain his happy self despite the operaration!! Also glad tat he's got a very good nurse (who is on an intern-ship attachment frm NYP) to look after him! Guess God's got everything planned out for him??
So here is wishing Mark a speedy recovery!! =)

Happy Event (5): Quality time spent!

Finally after like close to a mth or two, I get to go jalan with my parents! (usually I'll be at camp either mounting duty or my parents too tired to go out and stuff!!) The time is so so precious! You can never understand the feeling tat I've had! You really want to treasure those times together! Well.. thank God for those times lah!

Happy Event (6): On leave! Long wkend!!

Last but not least, I'm currently on leave frm Fri (23/9) to Sun (25/9).. I'm clearing leave.. so Monday (26/9) then I go back!!
Saturday (26/9) is my church anniversary.. so I get to see my friends frm GenJosh again!! Yeh!! =)

Sad Event: Unnecessary quarrel

Now, haiz.. for the sad things!.. actually there is only one lah.. but I will try to cut short my explaination ah.. then u koe how sad and furious I am till the point tat I wanna beat tat fellow up!!.. so here goes..

There is this guy, let's juz call him 'B'.. who kenna "eaten" into his rest time close to 45 mins, becos' an overlook of the sgt's part.. so given the nature as he is, he keeps yakking non-stop.. and when I called him to shut up, he scolds me back.. fwah! I really felt like beating him up!!

Then nevermind.. I koe a hungry man is an angry man and moreover I koe his nature.. Then night came and becos' one of them had to take urgent leave, so one of our guys frm the main guardroom went over to Eastern Gate to replace the missing manpower.. So its like this guy who went over was suppose to be my partner for guarding the gate at 1am to 3am, followed by a foot prowl at 3am.. but since he has gone over to eastern, then his duty is splitted with 3 other personnels.. and one of them was 'B'.. aiyoh! I got a shock of my life when I heard tat!!

So anyway, 1am came and I took over the main gate duty! 'B' was there already since 10.45pm.. His duty ends at 2am.. Then guess wat!! He again harps on the issue of like he's already been eaten 45 mins into his rest time, and now, have to do an extra hr of duty and also in the morning, he has to push off his duty 1 hr earlier becos' of some last min flight thing which all big shots will gather.. and again, he yaks away.. I juz treat it as some helicopter flying noise or sumthing.. and I juz leave him to yak on his own! Then 1.45am came and I kindly told him tat its 1.45am and you can wake the person up.. I gave him a suggestion, but he stubbornly resisted to follow his own idea.. He practically juz pye over the pyset for the person to come out! I was telling him this:

"hallo! its in the wee hrs of the nite.. u pye like tat who will listen?? Tat guy whom he's calling is a heavy sleeper! b4 I came out for duty, I slept for 2 hrs, and in tat 2 hrs, I did not hear anything over the pyset! It was tat quiet! So wat makes u think tat he will wake up?? Why dun u juz take my suggestion and thus, u can be assured of ur much needed rest, since u complain abt it in the afternoon?"

He refused to listen and he kept on pying.. until a point till someone frm another guarding station pye back to ask him to stop it! Very noisy!! He then gave him the same suggestion tat I had told 'B' earlier!! 'B' then no choice but to put back the pyset! I was so angry with 'B' tat I pye back to the guarding station:

"Tats wat I told 'B' earlier, but he didn't want to listen!"

'B' then answered me,
"Why do you have to rub it in when I dun listen to ur suggestion?? YOu cld have juz leave me alone to decide"

I got so fed up and I answered 'B' (in a very ignored tone!),
"Eh.. you dun push ur luck ah! I'm darn angry already! Here am I lacking of sleep and I have to do duty, and when I'm here, I have to hear ur kao-pei-ing! Its not tat I didn't give u a suggestion and leave you to die or sumthing.. It's YOU who didn't want to take my suggestion! Here am I trying to control my anger, so you better not let it explode!"

Then as if 'B' is a mad man, he kept murmuring stuff to himself.. dun koe wat is he talking!! Sometimes I really wonder whether does he have a slight problem or sumthing! Does he have this slight mental problem of all these?

Then 'B' no choice, but to suck thumb and heeded my suggestion.. but then juz as he was abt to do it, the person woke up already..

Then he came back and started yakking again.. so to stop his nagging, I replied in a sarcastic manner:
"ok.. i'm sorry ok.. pls. stop!"

Then when tat person took over his duty, I re-told this whole story to him.. and he said he is even more stubborn than a cow! He certainly live up to his 'ben4 niu2' nickname tat we gave him, becos' 'B' real name sounds like his nickname! serious!! I'm not kidding! Shall not divulge 'B' name lah.. help him save some face!!

Was super pissed off by this incident lah!!

*Yawnz*.. really tired.. need to sleep liaoz! Yesterday out of the 24hrs, I only had 4hrs of sleep.. 20hrs was either doing duty or can't sleep! haiz..

Oh.. did I mention tat I will be on leave frm tml (23/9) to sun (25/9).. so tat means mon (26/9) morning then I go back! shiok ah!! guess this is another event!

ok lah.. really gtg!

Me in dreamland Zzzzz,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: