"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, September 29, 2005

On Parade again..

Well.. after 1 mth of mounting, its back to drills again! And I can tell u tat I'm totally shacked out!
Exhausted. Shack. Tired. Fatigue. Worn-out. Drained. Dead beat.

Oh.. btw, I'm training for the Chain-of-Command (CoC) Parade which wld be held on 11/10/05, so we are preparing hard for it.. almost everyday have drills loh!

Well.. comparing the drill standards and the training for the event, SAF Day 2005 seems to be the worst of all (comparing SAF Day 2005, NDP 2005, RSAF Day 2005).. but then after today, all of us agreed tat CoC 2005 is the WORST!! The training is darn siong lah!

This is becos its like we rest for 15 mins, followed by a 1 hr NO rest drill practice! And then my base RSM (who wld be the parade RSM for CoC 2005) is garang! He always say our drills no good whenever he come.. but wat he dun understand is tat we have done it over and over and over again.. till the pt of us being fatigue and all, so no energy.. and moreover, its under the hot sun! And worse still.. my base RSM "knocked us down" for 5 push-ups! Well.. this is the first time I got knocked down for drilling for a parade... arghh..

Then we are like saying to each other, we wld rather mount duty then do these drills! At first, one guy whom I koe actually resisted his choice of mounting, actually changed his mind after like 1 round of the drill!
He actually resisted inititally is becos he wants his wkends (ie, sat and sun).. but then the drills prove too much for him!.. so ya..

Speaking of mounting, wat I koe frm my friends in my shift is tat tml's manning strength doing duty in the main guardrm wld be so little tat each one has to do at least 16 hrs of duty, instead of the normal 9-10 hrs.. so ya.. think they wld be more fatigue than us loh! but then still, mounting is better than drill.. one of them actually said he wld rather do drills then mounting.. I told him abt our training, but then he still insisted then drills is better than mounting! Well.. I called him to go and try instead, but too bad, he can't lah..

Then in the evening, I ask one newbie who is in the supporting contingent! Last time they during course, said we in GOH slack.. now he is doing the drills.. so I asked him whether slack or not.. now, he koes our pain and he said its not slack after all.. becos its doing the same thing over and over and over again!

Well.. tats how it is with drills.. they believe on the rationale that practice makes perfect! ya ritez! At the expense of us staying in the hot sun and baked like a roasted pig for eating! The sun is darn hot I tell u.. Hot till the pt tat if I did not bathe after the drill, I wld still feel it!

Actually decided not to come back after the drills, but then everyone seems to like go back, so I juz follow loh.. fortunately I came home, becos' my mum has used a traditional healing method on me, and now I feel a lot better! But my nose is still running and though the sore throat is ok, I now got a slight cough! Its the common flu bug lah! haiz.. =(

But dun need to worry.. its long wkend for me.. tat is I bk out tml frm 5pm and will only be back on sun 2359! juz hope tat nothing will happen during the wkend (like mounting and stuff on wkend).. choy! *touch wood*..

ok.. gtg and prepare myself for bk in later.. and another day of tormentous drills tml.. haiz..

2359. Sembawang Air Base.

Totally shacked out,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: