"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, August 13, 2005

The weekend is here!! Yippie!!

Well.. this is gonna be a short one becos my com screen i think is dying.. gonna shop for a new one tml.. dun koe whether is CRV or LCD.. gonna see my mum's budget.. so yupz.. =)

Anyway, today got quite a few events.. here it is:

(a) This morning I woke up and spent close to a whole morning doing and revamping the blog for my sis.. becos' I got nothing to do.. so therefore, I offer to help loh.. wat a good bro am I rite.. ha..

(b) Then in the afternoon, since so far no recall, I felt tat it was save to go to church.. so I msg a few youths and told them I'm able to go to church.. and therefore I asked them whether they want me to be a guest pianist.. they gladly agreed.. becos there is a situation in my church tat both the youths and adult congregation are shortage of pianists.. so its like when I'm there, they wld like want me to play loh.. to enhance the worship mah.. but of course, since I'm still a youth (yes.. 21 yrs old still youth wat!), therefore, I decide to play for the youths instead.. but then, last minute the youth guest speaker can't come, so therefore, combined service with the adult congregation with Rev. Lawrence Seow being the speaker.. he was quite witty and funny in his sermon lah.. I enjoyed it throughly!
Today he spoke on the topic of "Faith" and it somehow struck a chord in my heart.. the theme verse was my theme verse when I was in Mission Trip in ChiangMai & ChiangRai.. it is taken from Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

(c) Played the piano for the combined service.. fortunately koe all the songs.. or else very difficult to play.. and to my surprise, I've add some nice enhanced chords and playing style to the song, "Lead Me To The Cross".. it was so refreshing.. and as I played the piano today at church, I felt a sort of "force" juz guiding me to play.. felt some shivers at certain pt.. I think tat was the Holy Spirit empowering me to play the chords after like 3 months which I did not play in church or touch the piano at all.. its juz really amazing..

(d) After service, went to mingle ard with some of the youths.. I've chatted with one of my best pals, Joshua Guow, abt his project and all.. Andrew on the other hand, came to say hi.. but we chatted more during dinner lah.. Then the person whom I wish to chat most with/have something impt to discuss, actually while I was frantically looking in space to see if there are any familiar ppl to chat with.. suddenly I've heard a gal's voice calling me.. and she is none other than my new 'piano-playing disciple' (whom I've juz recruited today.. haha.. sound like she is in NS or sumthing!), Xinyi.. Wanted to impart some of my skills to her but no time.. so today she tok to me abt Tjow's wedding and all.. and I decide to show her the ropes.. hope she has learnt sumthing frm me today?? I believe my disciple can do it.. won't she??

(e) Speaking of which abt Tjow's wedding, I'm now at a dilemma/crossroads of the leave problem.. lets juz say tat I dun want to waste a leave for Tjow's wedding, I juz want an off for it (a off means NO deduction of leave).. juz pray tat day is a rest day for us GOH ppl (becos' after the RSAF day on 1/9, there is the Change of Command (CoC) parade in early October.. so hope really tat day is a off for us and not some day which we have to mount?? Keeping fingers cross.. pray for me abt this issue too??

(f) Then went for dinner with the youths (sat on the same table with Andrew, Nat, Ashley Mok, Samuel Tan and the rest).. went to cuppage terrace and I ate the Thai Beef Kway Teow.. it was a total disappointment.. not nice and so little.. so expensive somemore.. haiz.. I've shld have ate char siew rice or sumthing like tat.. haiz.. Initially had a hard time finding a seats but after we are seated for 15mins, the crowd start to go and there were many empty seats! =) So stayed there and talk crap for a while..

(g) Then guess wat.. I msg my another one of my best pal in church, Alvin, and he actually rushed down to meet us.. So its like after 30 mins of after I msg him, he appeared!! Man.. tat was fast.. and I almost cld not recognise him.. he's changed so much and today he is totally sunburn.. machiam like some cooked lobster.. ha.. man.. I'm old.. even Alvin I can't recognise (juz abt 3 mths not mtg him!).. we then chatted close to an hour.. He and me juz kept sharing our woes and happiness in NSF life.. we had a good chat lah!! its been a long time since we've chatted so long!

(h) After tat, we all went to the pool-playing place at Meridian Hotel.. where Alvin and me see Nat, Ash, Andrew, Joshua Tan and some other ppl play pool.. at the pool playing place, we still talk abt camp stuff.. haiz.. Alvin & I juz talk a lot to each other today lah!!

(i) ok.. then guess wat!! my cousins actually got so bored tat they type my name and put in Yahoo! and then they found my blog and they msg me.. now I offered to help my cousin to do up a blog.. me and my big mouth.. =(.. but I guess its a sense of achievement??

ok lah.. I shall see how long I can further stay awake and this computer monitor of staying seen-able.. got to run..

Sleepy liaoz.. *Yawnz*,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: