"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, July 22, 2005

Eyes could hardly open!

Yesterday was really a very tiring day.. the event started like 8pm at nite, but then to setup all the things and stuff, we set off frm camp like 7.30am in the morning! and when we reach there, sometimes we do stuff and sometimes we are not! so when we are not, we are juz resting.. but then, its like the whole day, we've been waiting and waiting and waiting.. i think dun koe got abt 5-6 hrs!! So when u really got nothing to do, the next best thing is SLEEP.. but then the more u sleep, the more u feel even more tired! but wat to do?? Army's lingo is "rush to wait, and wait to rush!"

Then the real event came and we were like in a slight mad rush.. the main officer is getting angry becos he's stressed tat we wld NOT do our job well and stuff.. but then, its normal lah!! if he doesn't show his anger when he is stressed, then I wld say he is not human.. but sumtimes when he scolds, he really juz scold.. dun care who u are and where is ur location.. so tat cld be scary at times..*eeks*..

Then it was my duty.. I was originally posted to look out for the VIP cars and tell the rest of my teammates via the pyset (which even though seems a small role, but its very impt! one wrong info and tats it.. my buttocks wld be "bitten" by a lot of ppl.. ya koe wat I mean??)

But last minute, my duty change becos lack of manpower and miscommunication of requirement of manpower frm the CISCO officers there.. so yupz.. in the end, I was assigned a role to look out for all the cars tat are coming for the dinner and then to stop the pedestrian traffic for the cars to drive into Istana for the vehicular check.. so its like me wearing the RP3 attire (for those of you who dun koe wat is the RP3 attire, I call tell you tat it looks very 'cock'.. as if the RP3 clothing is not cock enuf, they give us a 'construction-worker like' helmet to wear.. see how cock I am?? For those of you who are in the army, u can probably visualize wat I look like.. its simply the MP uniform but mine is the air force version.. ie, the shirt and pants and white and blue respectively.. complete with the big and thick white belt and the white helmet!.. yucks rite?)
But probably the only consolation I have is tat I wore contacts yesterday for 2 reasons:
(a) I'm standing at the Main Gate where there are a lot of tourists and gals and stuff passing by.. moreover, I've been pushed to be at the front where I interact with pedestrians.. so ya.. I want to look good mah.. so thank God I wore contacts yesterday!
(b) Becos' of the RP helmet (tat I muz wear), its very troublesome to have to wear specs and stuff.. so ya.. wearing contacts is much easier!

Anyway, lets juz say I've make a fool out of myself in Orchard Road wearing tat uniform.. haiz.. well.. life's juz like tat.. isn't it? However, I've got consolation.. and tat is the officer (2LT Ivan) who is in charge of us at the Main Gate is super good.. he gave us welfares lah.. and he talks to us nicely.. the best thing is tat he remains calm during panic situations lah! A capable guy indeed! Frankly speaking, I dun mind to be in his shift when I goes back to shift system.. hmm.. =)

But the worse thing tat can happen to the Main Gate team is tat we are the sai kang party.. the rest gets to sit air con bus, while we sat the 5-ton tunnel (both thru and fro somemore..) not fair!!

So reached home at camp like close to 12 midnight! was super tired and once I pack everything and stuff, it was 12.34am.. my eyes cld hardly open (becos' I tired lah! and also my eyes are aching frm the dryness of the contacts in my eyes)..

Then woke up like 7am this morning.. still a bit giddy.. but definately tired! so ya.. but thank God tat my OC give us half day off to compensate yesterday for the late nites we've spent in Istana.. so by 12 noon, I bk out frm camp!! and bking in tonite at 2359.. os not so bad..

Wanted to spend time in com to change my blog background but then, it loaded quite long.. so there4 decide to juz remain the same lah.. dun koe how come the loading is so long.. but the skins were really nice! haiz..

ok.. gtg liaoz n watch TV.. tonite got cell, b4 I proceed to AMK to meet my friend to bk in later by cab.. so yupz..

Wearing contacts is now like part of my life,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: